Fourth View Personal Care Home - Stone Mountain, GA

Great Home

I moved my husband here after he suffered a stroke and I needed someone to help full time. The staff was exceptional to my needs. [Removed] the owner, walked me through every step of the process and took time to explain what I needed to do and what her staff could do for me. When I moved my husband in after rehab I was impressed by how loving the staff treated him. I was able to bring my grandchildren to see him anytime and I was encouraged to visit as often as I wanted. The caregiver made sure to listen to the dietary needs my husband had and cooked him special meals to make him happy. Unfortunately I had to move him to a nursing home this year because his health continues to decline, but during the time he was here, I was very pleased with the level of care he received. His room was always clean and he was always clean and dressed nicely. They would take him out for walks and rides once a week as well. He was able to be weened off a few medications as well during his stay there because his diet had become more regulated. I am overall very pleased with the care he received and have and would recommend them to anyone in my family.

This is not a place to leave a loved ...

This is not a place to leave a loved one. My mother resided at Fourth View for less than 6 months when I removed her. The unstable staff, turnovers, inattention to detail and lack of real engagement or oversight by the owner makes this place wholly unacceptable. There was no effort to engage residents in any activities at all. The final straw for me came upon learning that the live in caregiver was failing to give my mom her meds as prescribed coupled with a Saturday visit to the residence where the newly hired caregiver was sound asleep on the living room sofa in the middle of the afternoon and the residents were completely unattended. The caregiver was sleeping so soundly that she never heard the doorbell or telephone ringing. A male resident in urine soiled pants answered the door and let me in. After waking the caregiver up, she explained that she had taken some medication that made her sleepy. There were four residents in the house at that time, including one in a wheelchair, one schizophrenic and two with mobility issues. I called and reported this situation to Cheryl Charles, the owner, immediately. Unfortunately, Ms. Charles allowed the residents to remain in the sole care of this medicated individual overnight--an appalling and irresponsible act.

Also, while all of the residents except the schizophrenic, had hypertension and other issues like diabetes and congestive heart failure. The food served was nothing short of a death sentence for these elderly residents. The small-portioned meals were loaded with carbohydrates and sodium. Complaints to the owner only resulted in staff being reprimanded for allowing me to see the food. I do have photos of the sleeping caregiver and the urine soiled resident. This place should not be open. The owners are not committed to providing quality care to the population they are charged with serving.

Mixed bag

A few of the workers here were nice, but there were also a few I did not get along well with. This is a residential community, so it is a smaller more homelike setting. Unfortunately the home itself was not designed to accommodate all sizes of wheelchairs, so there were some rooms (namely the bathrooms) that I could not get into without assistance.

Fourth View Personal Care Home is a state licensed facility in Stone Mountain, GA. Fourth View Personal Care Home provides 24-hour care for adults who require supervision or minimal assistance with their daily activities. Mild memory impairment is not a barrier to admission.