Emerald Oaks Retirement Resort Community - San Antonio, TX

Nice Place!!

My mother had recently lived in this community for a short period of time and I have no complaints of how things had went for her. She really loved everything about this facility and I wish we had the funds to keep her here longer. The staff where excellent with the quality of care they provided her and always made sure she was comfortable in her living environment. They had an awesome chef who prepared delicious meals for the residents as well as an eventful activity program. My mom just could not afford too stay at this place but I would recommend it to anyone.

Pleased with Our Move

My wife, and I am very pleased with our move to this community. It is a nice community, and so far everything is working very well. We do feel comfortable, and at home at this community. The staff have been very kind, and helpful. Everything is well-kept, they do a good job with the cleanliness of the community. All is well for us at this community, and I would recommend.

Mother is in A Good Place

My mother is doing great here at this community. She is very well placed, this is a great facility. I know she is safe, and in good hands. They have a lovely staff here, and they have great to work with. We are very pleased with all they have done for us. I would highly recommend this community, it has worked out well for us.

My mother loves it!

My mother is really enjoying all of the activities that are offered at the Emerald Oaks. She also really likes that they serve 3 meals a day! Every time I talk to her, she has nothing but good things to say about the place. The staff is very accommodating and helpful. I would definitely recommend

Mom's new place.

Emerald Oaks is a great Senior living community. Everyone has been very friendly and helpful. They really made a scary move for mom a great experience. I would highly recommend them. They have made the senior community look and feel like you are on an all inclusive cruise ship. The monthly cost covers everything. What a great way to spend your golden years.

Very nice tour!

The staff that offered the tour of the Emerald Oaks Retirement Resort were very friendly and knowledgeable. They were able to address all of our questions and concerns. The community is well kept throughout. The community seemed to be very active which is what we were looking for.

Mother's Happy Here

The is a great community for my mom. The staff is always very helpful to make sure that everything is taken care of for her. The meals that they offer are very good. A lot of activities are offered for her to participate. I would recommend this for other families for good care for a loved one.

Mom Is Doing Very Well

The care has been going very well for my mom at this community. The staff are helpful, responsive and informative with me if needed. The community is only a year old so a lot is still new and they keep it very tidy and clean. My mom participates in several things and she is enjoying it all.

Very lovely place, attentive staff with state of the art facilities. Prices are a bit high, I think it's well worth it! Apartments are bigger than other facilities.

Horrible management

I had to write this commit due to the fact when I entered the front doors of this " WONDERFUL ESTABLISHMENT" As I see others writing about first of all the staff had to write those things because no one else would go in and talk about this place as they have . I went in and talked to the people that live there and they told me some stories that would make you run and run fast !! First of all the turn over of employee's is horrible and the "Chef" that one person wrote about well he walked out because the people that manage this place are Rude, Pushy, and always on the employee's. Now remember all of this is coming from the residents that live there. I would not put my parent's here after seeing first hand the uncaring ways the upper management handle things. I had one very nice woman ask me if she could help me and show me around she was the only one that did not work there she said but does work for an agency , And they provide care for who ever needs it and I explained to her some of my concerns and she said to me Sir , I can tell you this is a very nice place and the people are very pleasant here and she apologized for all of what I told her and assured me this was a good place I told her if you were the manager than I would put my parents here because i can see the passion she has for these little elderly people and how much they know her and love her. I would not come back here and who ever owns this place needs to get on the ball and have a good look at who and what works for him.

Working with the management in the ownership really made moving Mom into Emerald Oaks a very easy process. The location is very nice and tidy but what I really like is that it is all inclusive. Every resident I come in contact with just raves about how great Emerald Oaks is and how it is the best place they've experienced themselves. Even though Mom is on a diet she really seems to enjoy the food. Her only complaint has been the water pressure in the shower so I can say we are very happy with the decision to have her there and would definitely recommend!

My wife and I are still settling in here at Emerald Oaks but the experience so far has been more than great! The place is brand new which is a plus and extremely clean. The staff are great and we keep ourselves busy with the many activities here. Since moving in my sister has also moved in which makes it even better. The food is great and we even have a few acquaintances! We are all very happy being a resident of Emerald Oaks!

A Wonderful Community

This is truly a wonderful community and we are extremely pleased. The community is very well-kept, they come and clean my mother's room once a week. The staff is really great, they have been extremely helpful. Everyone is very kind and friendly. They offer a lot of activities through out the week. They have a chef, and he meets with the residents once a week to see what they would like eat. It has been a great experience and I would recommend it.

Very Pleased!

I am very pleased with Emerald Oaks Retirement Resort since moving here. Things are going well.

Just moved in

We just moved our loved one to Emerald Oaks and it couldn't have been easier. We used AB movers who were fast, efficient and so helpful. The staff at Emerald has bent over backwards to help with this move from the moment I first toured there, then took our loved one there, to the move in. The residents are very friendly, walk right up to introduce themselves and will sit with new people at the meals so no one is alone. Other places we visited that were older, the residents already had their friends established which made it feel less friendly as we toured and when we ate a meal there. There is a larger % of men and couples here which made our bachelor loved one feel more comfortable.. His brand new apartment is large, bright and cheery. The building is done atrium style with soaring open ceilings so it feels airy and wide open. Meals are both buffet or order from your seat which he really likes. Food is available all day long on request. Meals can be delivered to your apartment for no charge and no tipping is allowed. Coffee, juice, tea, pre made sandwiches, fruit and soft serve ice cream is available 24/7 Movies in a beautiful huge theater are nightly, So many things to do...billiards, a library, cards, games, live entertainment weekly, large workout room with daily exercise program just to mention a few.
Most of all are the friendly, caring staff and residents. I was told by a counselor for elderly that in an established facility the residents might already have the friendship groups formed, esp. at meals but in a new one, residents are looking to meet each other and form friendships. The group here certainly has proven it to be true. Also they seemed either younger in age....or at least in spirit. As for the price, they are all in the same $2500-3300 price range for 1 bedroom, but we felt Emerald offered more for the same amenities, and in the end they were less expensive for the same size 1 bedroom with complete kitchen, large rooms, upgraded appliances, granite counter tops, wall safe in room,and washer/dryer hook ups, There is a large laundry room on each floor, the machines are free to use so no need for all those quarters. Weekly housekeeping is done for the residents. And John the maintenance man, has already talked to us about installing the curtain rods for us....yes free of charge, it's part of their service.

Emerald Oaks, San Antonio

My parents moved in 10 days ago. Yes, there is a learning curve but because this is such a beautiful resort, with great food (available 24 hours per day) and an awesome staff, I really don't think it will take them long to adjust. At least we're hoping not, because they are in the perfect location within the resort in a handicapped apt. I just hope my mom realizes how lucky they are!

They Are Awesome

They have been awesome and they are just very personable and approachable and helpful. Even the people in the kitchen say hello to my dad. I am just very pleased with the Emerald Oaks Retirement Resort.

I just feel compelled to write about how caring and accomodating the staff is here. My mother-in-law is a recent resident and unfortunately her husband passed away last Monday. Many family members from out of town came to see her and pay their respects and we were provided with complimentary meal tickets. Of course the food is delicious, but what impressed me is when my daughters family arrived from Austin, it was 15 minutes before the dining room would be closing for lunch. They never rushed them and frequently asked if they could get us anything. They have made the move for my mother-in-law as easy and painless as possible. They seem to genuinely understand how difficult of a transition this is for people in the latter stages of their life. In closing, the move to Emerald Oaks has provided some peace of mind for her children who do not live close by and feel she is in good hands. Thank you staff, our appreciation for you is beyond measure!

Fabulous!

The Emerald Oaks Retirement Resort is fabulous! My mother loves the food. Every time I have dinner there, I have been thoroughly impressed. The communication with the staff has been excellent. The staff members are excellent. I would recommend the Emerald Oaks Retirement Resort to everybody. Everything here is excellent. There is a waiting list. I'm very pleased with all of the services. It has been great.

Great amenities and operating concept. My mother-in-law wanted independent living all inclusive place..