The Waterford at Fort Worth - Fort Worth, TX

Kitchenette's counter space was to small to hold more than a toaster and coffee pot

Cathy Porter - [removed], cell [removed]. [removed]
1 bedroom 480sf $2415/month, smoke outside, yes pets, free washer & dryer or $4/load or mid studio 345sf $1750/month.

Nice balcony but no laundry, kitchen, tub and too small. Not interested.

One bathroom and no kitchen.

This is a good independent living option. There are affordable options for low-level 'assisted' care, should that be required. Facility is clean. There are lots of common areas for activities and socializing. Residents seem pleased with their living there. There are transportation options for outings at no additional cost. While there are amenities, in my research I'm finding there are some other facilities with other amenities. However, there are a number of residents here that are here for the amenities, and the simpler life that is offered here. Staff were warm and responsive to residents. In my research there were several comments, last year, about the low level quality of the food. However, in my visit there, residents seemed more pleased with the food that what was reported a year ago.

[Removed]has been so pleasant to work with!

My experience with this facility has been more than I expected. [Removed]who is the manager made me feel comfortable and she was so pleasant and down to earth. She is the person who made the experience. I am really comfortable knowing my Aunt is here and she is being taken care of. If I could move here, I would. All of the staff members treat her well and the community is very clean with no odor like you would expect. This facility is like walking into a hotel. Some of the things my Aunt really likes are things bingo and the on-site hair stylist. The food is also excellent and they go to a nice dining room and its restaurant-style dining. You can order what you want with a lot of options on the menu and they even have a salad bar. I would recommend this facility to other families.

Positive atmosphere

Everyone here including the staff is happy here and it’s a positive atmosphere. All of the staff members have a great attitude and they have done everything that was promised to us. So far, everything is working out good and they treat my brother-in-law really well. Even though he doesn’t participate, they offer activities like cards, games, and trips to the casino once a month. Not to mention, the food is excellent. I would recommend this community to other families.

The Waterford at Fort Worth

Overall, The Waterford has been a good experience. My loved one is still warming up to the community, but it seems to be going well so far. The staff is very helpful and accommodating, the community is clean, and the food is very good. My loved one always likes it and never has any complaints. Our only issue has been that they came an hour late to pick my loved one up from Dialysis. Otherwise, this community has generally been a very good place for my loved one.

I Like it here

I like this community the staff is nice and helpful. It's kept clean and tidy. They have some activities I enjoy like bingo. The have rocking chairs out back and a big front porch area with chairs to sit in. The food is good they have a variety if you don't like the main dish.I would recommend this to my friends and family.

Very Welcoming

My Grandmother passed away in August and I just want to say that they took excellent care of my grandmother at The Waterford at Fort Worth. [Removed] the director was very welcoming and went out of her way to assist us getting our grandmother settled in. The staff was friendly and caring, they were always willing to help us out. I also want to add that Senior Helper was an excellent addition to the Waterford and took very good care of my grandmother. The atmosphere was always warm and welcoming. The meals that they served were very good. They offered a lot of choices and variety. Although my grandmother could not participate in activities at the time, I saw there were activities going on in different areas. There was a nice patio area for the residents to go out and enjoy the outdoors. I would highly recommend this community to friends and family.

Mom's Good Care and Comfort

The care at this community is good and the staff is caring. I like knowing that she is happy with her environment. The menu is good and she likes the variety. They have activities that she is enjoying. We like her room which is nice. I wanted a nice community for my mom that is close to me. I would recommend this community for the good care and value for other families.

I can not say enough about the wonderful staff

The staff are amazing, outstanding they go above and beyond to make sure my loved one is enjoying herself. The food is good and they do encourage her to participate in some of the daily activities. This community is a good fit for her and I would recommend it.

Friend Is Doing Super Since His Move To This Community

My friend is doing super since his move to this community. I do feel he is in good hands, and in a safe facility. Everyone has been really kind, and helpful. The staff is good, and friendly at this community. Everything is working out very well for my friend with this community. This is a community I would recommend to family, and friends.

Happy environment!!

My dad has recently moved into this community and so far everything has been going good for him. The staff have been wonderful to work with and I comfortable with the care that they have been providing for him. He has had no complaints about the meals and enjoys the social environment with the other residents. I am very happy with his placement and would recommend it to anyone.

I like living here

Everything has been very good so far. The staff have been helpful and answer my questions. They keep the community clean and the food is fine. They do offer some nice social activities. I would recommend this community.

Helpful Staff!!

I have no complaints of how things went for my loved one and I during our tour. The staff where friendly and made sure to give us lots of great information on everything they had to offer. They had an open floor plan that was easy to navigate as well as great amenities. it was just not the right fit for her in the end decision.

No complaints!!

My father is doing fine since his move into this community. We are going to hire outside help because he does need more care, but other than that, the facility is clean and they are great.

Helpful Staff!!

My mother has recently moved into this community and so far things are going well for her. The staff are always very polite and accommodate her needs at the best of there ability. They a have a lovely activity program that she likes to participate from time to time with the other residents to keep her busy. The only thing that she says could use some improvement is the meals they serve. She is not happy about them at all and hopes to see some change in the kitchen soon.

Happy as a clam!

This is the perfect place for my father to be! The staff take excellent care of my father! There are plenty of activities for him to be involved in, and he gets his own room to relax in when he does not want to participate. He is just happy as a clam!

So far, so good!

My loved one's stay at The Waterford is going fine. The facility is very clean and well maintained. The staff is friendly and they are sure to try to cater to my loved one's needs. Though my loved one doesn't participate in many activities, there are plenty offered at this facility. So far, so good!

Very pleased with the location and appreciate the candor of the sales rep. She was very helpful in guiding my decision.

Friendly staff but the food needs some work

The lady [Removed] who showed me around was very nice! She answered all my questions. One thing that also stood out about my tour was the food was horrible. If they could improve that it would be a good option.

My mom's good care

I am very happy with the care that this community has given my mom. We find that the community is always clean and maintained. They have a menu that she is enjoying due to special request. The meals are very appealing. They have alot of activities that are offered to her to stay active. We would be happy to recommend this community to other families for the good care and value.

In A Very Convenient Location

My dad is doing good at this community. This is right by my house and it was perfect when we took a look at it in the beginning. He loves the community and what it offers to him. The activities and the people that work there are the best. The community is well cleaned. He also loves the meals and thinks that it tastes good. I would recommend them to family or friends.

i met with scott walker, the manager. very personable. i liked this better than [Removed]. i will definitely consider this one, but i am at least a year away from a final decision.

Friendly, caring staff

Our loved one has only been here a short time, but so far we're very pleased with how things have turned out at The Waterford! The staff is friendly and caring, and the community itself is well kept and clean. It particular the sales agent we worked with was a real sweetheart, and really did a great job listening to us and making sure all of our needs were met.

Comfort for mom!!

My favorite thing about this community so far is the fact that the staff really seem to care about what's going on with residents and they try to work to engage them in everything that's going on. The residents are happy. The only thing I wish they could improve on is the times of their meals. What I mean by that is being more flexible. My mother sometimes sleeps in and doesn't make it to the breakfast. They are done by 9am. I wish they would at least have snacks available so she can still eat something when she wakes up. The apartment she is in is not too big not too small. She has housekeeping help her with cleaning, and they offer to do laundry very minimal charge. I highly recommend this place.

My Thought Of The Tour!

This community felt to spread out for mom. It had multiple floors and we were looking for a single level community. She felt this had more of a nursing home feel to it. The food was good and the people we met were nice. The caregivers are not their staff as you have to arrange for them separately.

My Mother Is Safe and Doing Well Here

My mother is safe and in good hands here at this facility. They are taking good care of her. The staff is great, they have been helpful and attentive. There are activities offered for her when she ready to participate. The food is good, she is pleased with the meals. She is doing well here and I would recommend this community.

My Peace of Mind!

We are still moving in, and my sister is in the hospital. However, my disabled neice is already there and everyone from staff to pleasant residents ar very helpful. The atmosphere is wonderful! I have visited with many of the residents and families and have had nothing but glowing compliments of Waterord.

I have had to move both my parents and my husbands to homes in the past and have never experienced such "glowing" reviews before....not one negative report! In my view that speaks volumes!

I am looking forward to my sister living there and the peace I will feed in knowing she is taken care of, feeling she is safe! 😊

Excellent Community I really Love It Here

I'am really enjoying my time at this community. Everything is working out very well. The community looks great, they do a very good job with keeping everything nice and clean. The staff is outstanding, they are truly wonderful people. I'am trying out many of the activities they offer. I sing in the choir, I also enjoy the movie nights. The food is excellent, I really enjoy the meals. This is a community I would highly recommend.

Have been resident since Mar 14.

Wonderful Residents

I love it here at The Waterford. I have really settled into the community. Everybody here is so nice and friendly to me. The residents are very kind and sweet, they are a pleasure to live with here. They have great programs here like singalongs and karaoke for the residents. The food is wonderful, I really enjoy it, and I have made some new friends. Overall this is a great community and I highly recommend it.

Excellent Staff

Things are going well for my sister since her move into The WaterFord. The community looks great and very clean I've had no concerns with that. The staff has been excellent and very helpful with everything. My sister has been participating in new activities and made a few new friends and that is nice to see. Food is amazing and the residents are kind and friendly. This is a affordable nice clean community that I would recommend.

Review of The Waterford at Fort Worth - Fort Worth, TX

I really Liked this place. A great place for a loved one to go

Waterford

The Waterford is a nice place to consider in your search for assisted living facilities. I would recommend others to check it out as well.

Extremely pleased!

My in-laws are delighted with their new living arrangement at The Waterford. As a former Texas Long Term Care Social Worker and Ombudsman whom assisted with nursing home inspections for several years believe me....I have seen ALL kinds of elder-care facilities, good, bad and really bad!

The Waterford is a breath of fresh air! It is elegantly appointed, but not stuffy.

The food is good....most of the time an 8-9 on a 10 scale! This is so important! But not only that...there are alternating choices and options during the mealtimes. Not everyone HAS to have the same meal. There are sandwich and salad offerings, as well as dessert selections for residents with diabetes, served at the noon and evening meals. Each resident can view their menu choices in advance and dining staff members come to the table to ask individual residents their food "order". Each dining table is covered by crisp, white linen cloths. With such attention to detail, my in-laws say it feels like they are at a hotel, or on vacation, as they sit at their table.

The activities are fun, varied, well-planned and don't insult the intellect of the resident. Pick up a copy of the monthly calendar....there are SO many activities that there is almost no space left for another activity to be added.

The staff members are caring and sincere...but not fake sincerity, (just to keep rooms rented),....but the genuine article!

Here is an example...before my in-laws were to move in, additional furniture stored in their new apartment would need to be move. When schedules changed, and they needed to move in a day early, for the facility staff it was "all hands on deck". Even Scott Walker, the Executive Director, rolled up his sleeves and worked alongside the maintenance staff to move all the other furniture out the night before we needed access.

I am most impressed with the way each resident is treated-respectfully and with encouragement to continue to make decisions and choices about how they wish to conduct their own life. The staff members are responsive and polite. The dining staff especially go out of their way to be upbeat, efficient and kind.

But, I save the best for last! The "age in place" concept. My in-laws, (unless they begin to "wander off" or become a danger to themselves or others), don't have to go to another elder-care facility.

Because of on-site home-health care, we do not face the risk of a rushed move if their care needs change dramatically. Mostly, it means that if one of them needed heavier care...they, after 61 years together, wouldn't have to be separated.

No one asked or paid me to say any of this, there is no benefit given to my in-laws...but I wanted other adult children to know that The Waterford is "the exception to the rule."

[name removed]

I am liking it fine.

I am liking it fine. I think everything is pretty well the way they said it would be. I think they would get a four.

good in ways, definitely room for improvement

One area where they can really improve is the food. It is really hit or miss. Sometimes it can be really good, but other times it's not that great. It is often overcooked or under-cooked and is way to salty. Some of the residents have talked about it openly and have spoken to the kitchen staff about it. There are also flies in the kitchen. They have tried to take care of them, but need to do some more.

Lisa, the manager when I first came in, is very warm and open. She always introduces herself to people and is very kind and caring. The new manager does not do that quite as much.

Scott, the director, used to be very good at getting things done quickly, but lately things have taken longer. Some remodeling needed in some of the bathrooms for example.

The activities they have are very good.

There is room for improvement, but they are certainly trying and I appreciate that.

I am really happy with them.

Their staff is here constantly, asking what can they do for me, they check if I need anything. They have a schedule that works, they offer to come take care of my dog without me even having to ask. They are very friendly and sweet, and the same people come to help me all the time. I had a terrible experience at another place, and this is so much better. I get good care here.

Very nice place!

We visited this community when we were looking into senior living options for a loved one. I was very impressed by The Waterford at Fort Worth! It is a beautiful place, the staff are friendly, and the people who live here seem very happy! Unfortunately our loved one suffered some health complications and was not able to move in, but I would definitely recommend them to others!

very friendly, need better care/watch over residents

I know it's not an assisted living or nursing home, but my grandmother was found face down on the pavement and was out there like that all night. That was after being there for two weeks, and since then she has been in the hospital.

They are very friendly and very sweet people. I would give them the highest rating possible if it weren't for the aforementioned experience as everything else has been great.

very compassionate

The major thing that I can see that they do well is that they are very compassionate, and very involved with their people. Their leadership does not lead sitting in an office directing, but are actively involved. All the residents here seem very happy, and we are all certainly happy with the experience we have had with The Waterford at Fort Worth.

So far they are doing a pretty good job.

So far they are doing a pretty good job. It's very clean, and the staff is very friendly. I don't have much to compare it to, but I pay exactly what I expect to, there don't seem to be hidden charges. The food is really quite good, but there are always complaints with food from time to time. They have activities going on often, my only complaint, and they are aware of it, and trying to help, but encouraging her to get involved with the activities has been difficult. They are not exactly assisted living, more independent, so they don't really cover that, but that has been our only disappointment. One thing that I really loved was that they take cats, and have been really great about making sure the cat feels welcomed as well. This was huge for our loved one.

Nice place, overall

This really is a pretty nice place, we haven't had any issues with them whatsoever. They very easy to communicate with, and very responsive to any requests or questions. The staff does a great job keeping the place looking clean and well kept. They also have a very good meal service!

Not considered because they...

Not considered because they allow smoking in public places inside the facility, do not have units with patio or balcony.

Seems great for the short time he has been there

Had to find my dad a place to stay at the last minute as he was being discharged from Rehab. They were extremely helpful in getting him moved in quickly and took the stress off all us daughters. Very nice place and well maintained. I have nothing to compare to but it has been the perfect place for my dad. They have lots of activities but after a month we still can't get my dad to join in. He does seem to like the other residents and says everyone is friendly. He is still adjusting to his new life and recently losing his companion.

So friendly

They are all just so friendly and everyone is helpful. The food is great. The activities are wonderful. They made it such an easy transition. The laundry service is working great. This is a decision we should have made much sooner. I’ve always been able t find parking.

Hello Lee Ann My visit went...

Hello Lee Ann My visit went well, I like the location and the place. I met with the Director Gilbert. I met someone from my Mom's apartment that moved there. I am just concerned about the size of the apartment, it is extremely small. I think she would have a problem with that.

Waterford of Fort Worth

I got my mother & sister into the Waterford with the help of a place for mom advisor. The staff is very friendly & helpful. The Waterford provides 3 meals a day, weekly housekeeping, transportation to medical appt 3 days a week, shopping & errands. They also have laundry facilities on each floor (you do your own). The staff is amazing they helped my mom & sister make a smooth transition after their home caught fire

Some Issues with Linens and Housekeeping

The provide meals and transportation and that's good. I think the activities are okay. My brother-in-law that's there has a really poor memory so he doesn't know exactly what he's participated in but I know he's done some. We had an issue with the linen. They didn't tell us to mark our linens, we probably should have known but this being out first experience we didn't. They didn't tell us to mark them so some sheets got misplaced and they never found them and never offered to replace them either. That upset me. We also had an issue with housekeeping. They're supposed to have weekly housekeeping but they lost some staff and it had been 2 or 3 weeks since it's been cleaned.

We liked it

My mother-in-law is no longer there because she got pneumonia and needed more care but we really liked it. It's very nice and very clean. There is a guy there named Gilbert who runs the place. That guy is awesome! He really is.

Horrible First Impression

When we drove up to The Waterford the exterior looked like it needed work. When we walked in the main entrance the residents were eating immediately to the right. We came on a Sunday and the receptionist was very rude. We asked if there was anyone there that could give us a tour and she stated she was the only one there but could do the tour, it just seemed like it was a very difficult thing for her to do kind of like we were bothering her.

Nice place, rooms are small but resid...

Nice place, rooms are small but residents seemed happy and content. There is not an outdoor area for the residents to sit, such as patios or courtyards.

Very nice. Seems to have everything...

Very nice. Seems to have everything with the possible exception of a true courtyard. Friendly staff. Very informative. Will need furniture. 2nd floor seems to be best.

The Waterford was created to provide chore-free living in an elegantly appointed, yet affordable environment.
So say good-bye to the worries of living alone. Say good-bye to home maintenance, housework and utility bills. Say good-bye to cooking, yard work and driving (except when you want to).

Say hello to a relaxed lifestyle at The Waterford, where you can paint your retirement any way you please. At The Waterford, you'll find the freedom to create the lifestyle you've always wanted. Each morning you'll awake to a colorful palette of possibilities from which to paint your day.

Enjoy the quiet, muted tones of solitude in your spacious apartment, knowing friends and an attentive staff are close by. When you're ready, join in on the exciting, vibrant tones of the camaraderie of your community. You'll always have a wealth of things to do right at your fingertips keeping you as active as you want to be.

Our community provides you with areas to get away from it all, along with areas to enjoy the company of others. Connect to the Internet on a computer in our library, join friends in the billiards room, relax in our television theatre lounge, or step onto our community bus to explore the surrounding areas without the worries of driving. You'll be conveniently close to shopping, doctors' offices, hospitals and other medical facilities. We'll even transport you to and from your medical appointments within a specified radius.

The Waterford offers you flexibility and options, so you can paint your days with the colors of life.