This was a very nice updated facility and we could get a one bedroom ground floor that included a small kitchen wth a sink cabinets a small fridge and microwave. Like an apartment

Very clean

Elmcroft of Fairborn is a very nice community. It is a very clean community that smells good and they are in the process right now updating carpets and painting. The staff is friendly and caring and attentive to their care needs. The food is very pretty good, they offer a variety of different options. There are plenty of activities that the staff encourages the residents to participate. My friend has learned a new card game even though she is usually not one to engage in activities. They provide transportation for the residents to go and shop and other outside excursions. They do provide seating outdoors for the residents to enjoy the fresh air, and I see other residents taking their dogs for walks around the area. I would recommend this community to others.

Good Tour, Bad Location For Us

I had a pleasant tour of this community. Everything went well, and everyone was kind. The community was nice, and clean from what I saw. The staff I met was friendly, and kind. My questions were answered, and the experience was good one. The location was to far for us to travel too overall.

I've just started looking for assisted living memory care for dad. I'm very impressed with [Removed] and staff. The facility is clean, friendly atmosphere. Residents seem very happy. They are still in the running, but want to make sure I find the perfect fit for dad.

Very nice people!

The level of professionalism from the staff is great. They are very attentive to my father and we are pleased with the care. The place is always kept clean and the meals are good. We are happy with how things are going so far.

Keep on going

For all of the fanciness this place is one to avoid. The food is substandard. They do not have full time nursing on duty. Support staff has been cut to the bone causing delays in response time. Aides admit to immobilizing patients so that they are virtually trapped in their room. Management is mediocre and seriously lacking in people skills. Internal politics is a problem.

There are a few bright spots among the staff but turnover is big. The sales pitch is impressive and the price is relatively low but your loved one pays the ultimate price here. Avoid this place like the plague.

If it looks too good to be true...

This is very sad that families put their loved ones in a place where one cannot be trusted for the care that you are promised.
The thing that attracted us to The Summit was the appearance on the outside. What became a nightmare was the inside appearance of especially John [last name removed] and staff. One question that we asked before deciding to come there was the question of how long it took for them to answer a call from the button. That was obvious from the beginning that this was not a true statement. Aides stated that they could not get to many calls due to there were only two aides for the the 58 people. The nurses seldom helped the residents because they stated several times that was not their job. Also, the aides commented that their phones were in poor working conditions. Nothing was done by John [last name removed].
The showers were given by aides and our family member was getting frequent UTI's so we took matters into our own hands. We started giving the showers because proper cleanliness was not obvious.
Several wounds were found and not treated until family took the care. Another untreated serious injury was found and it had a band-aid on it. However, the nursing staff stated that they had no knowledge of the wound, which is supposed to be documented ( and it wasn') as stated by nurse. This was not mentioned to family until found by family.
The apartment was supposed to be cleaned per contract and was most of the time until the housekeeper had surgery. Then it was sparsely cleaned. An Aide took over and her excuse to not clean was that she couldn't find the sweeper bags. Family members took over.
Medication was not administered as required. Meds were found in room that was not our family members.
The Executive Director John [removed] is very unprofessional once a family moves in. He refuses to contact family members about questions. His comment is always "I'll get back with you." Getting back to you never happens. John is seldom present. He is very incapable and inadequate to run a facility. His temper flares up at both employees and family members when question arise. He gets very upset when anyone ask to to talk to corporate.
The food was mostly unfit. Several residents complained that the food was not good. The residents and family members have a meeting ( not highly advertised ) once a month to discuss concerns. During this meeting residents attend, but John did not allow them to talk. During meals there are two aides in the cafeteria until one leaves to take food to residents eating in rooms. This leaves one aide in cafeteria. Residents stated that they were still hungry and were told that there was no more food. Much food is thrown out due to poor quality.
We moved our family member to another facility and the staff there told us that our family member had never been evaluated since our entry into The Summit. There is supposed to be an evaluation every year.
We hope that you seriously consider trusting this institution with your loved one. Remember that it is NOT what it appears on the outside!

Don't subject your loved one to this facility

This place looked good, the staff seemed good .Unfortuneatly this was quite the oppsite. Our mom was [removed]. There was no follow up by staff for physican orders or medications .She was very anxious and the staff did nothing. We met with the Administrator John who is also an Rn as well as with nursing staff. When we raised care concerns we were told the Director of Nursing was on leave and John Hamilton was filling in for her. We called multiple times a day to see if meds had arrived, xrays done from multiple falls and Drs orders. The answer was always no and that they would follow up. This NEVER happened .We met with John and nursing staff repeatedly to no avail. Our mom did not receive appropriate care until she declined to the point that Hospice intervened and was with her 24/7 until she passed.
Since payments are made in advance every month they should have promptly sent a refund for days not used. We made numerous calls and were passed from person to person with no satisfaction Finally they were notified that the estaste could not be closed because the refund had not been issued. This would involve a court appearance by the facility. After 6 months the refund was issued. A dog kennel would have been a better choice.

Run Away

We had a family member in the memory unit.The care was TERRIBLE. Dr, orders were not followed up on, meds weren't ordered or given. Worst of all of the many times we met with the Admin and nursing staff the answer was the Director of Nursing is on maternity leave. So apparently nothing happens in her absence.I called twice daily to follow up on Drs orders and lab results. Nothing ever happened until Hospice stepped in and stayed with her around the clock and administered medications and followed her care.

This was a beautiful community, and passed the A Place For Mom checklist.

This was a beautiful community, and passed the A Place For Mom checklist. They were large though with two stories and multiple wings, a couple of elevators and winding staircases. We thought that she would get lost in here. It also didn't feel like they really knew their residents.

Very nice community, and a friendly staff

This is a very nice community! The staff have all been very friendly and professional, and the facility itself is well kept and clean. We moved my loved one here from another assisted living, and one thing I'd advise others to look into is that the assisted living care here is a bit more on the independent side. We actually had to move my loved one into the memory care section after a few weeks since her care needs were a bit more than what they provided for in the assisted living section. The care is very good overall, but its good to keep in mind that "assisted living" means different things in different facilities.

Provides independence but not care for the long run

My mother would have liked to go here but they couldn't accomodate my dad because of the level of care he needed. Her friends are out there and the apartments are set up more like a house, they have a kitchenette, bathrooms and a seperate bedroom, it would have provided more independence for her but I wanted to find a place for my parents to be together with 24 hour nursing, they are requiring more and more assitance and I didn't want them in a place where I would have to find and hire nurses from an agency to care for them.

have seen this one before - newer pla...

have seen this one before - newer place - no 2 bath units

I visited The Summit and it's a lovel...

I visited The Summit and it's a lovely place. On the way to my car, a couple ladies were sitting outside on the porch and I asked how they liked it there. It was cute/touching... they said, of course they'd rather be at there own home, but they liked it at The Summit. They asked about my family member and where she was from and the one woman was from Fairborn. Also, on my way out, one of the cooks came up and told me my mother-in-law would love it there - it's just like home and they love the residents, she hugged me and I was touched by that love/concern.

Nestled at the top of Park Hills Drive in Fairborn, Ohio, The Summit at Park Hills is located in a quiet residential area, surrounded by privately owned senior housing condominiums and single-family homes. The quaint, artistic town of Yellow Springs is nearby and is perfect for excursions to Young’s Jersey Dairy Farm, shopping in specialty boutiques and dining.

Residents of our 58 assisted living apartments enjoy shopping at the Airfield Mall, visits to the National Museum, and several dining and entertainment choices. There are also several parks in the area where residents enjoy cookouts and picnics.

Our residents enjoy spacious apartments, serene living and a calendar full of activities including day trips for shopping, sightseeing and dining.

Residents can decorate their apartments with furniture from home, making the move to Green Tree a comfortable transition. All apartments are private with full baths and kitchenettes.

Delicious meals are prepared and served restaurant style in the attractive dinning room or by room service to the apartment. Transportation services can be arranged to take residents to their bank, doctor appointments, or shopping centers. Weekly maid and linen services will give residents more freedom to enjoy the Green Tree lifestyle.

Apartment maintenance, yard upkeep, and security are included, as well as social activities. There is also a hair styling salon and gift shop that will provide convenient services to our residents.

Personal assistance and care services are individualized to meet each resident’s specific needs. Green Tree staff is available 24 hours each day to provide support and encouragement for those little things that can go wrong. Or, residents may elect scheduled nursing visits from our licensed home health agency or another agency of choice.