The Stratford at Phoenix - Phoenix, AZ

From your first step onto the mosaic tile entry, to long after completing the move into a spacious apartment home at The Stratford, you will be pleased with the welcoming atmosphere and caring service. Providing assisted living, personal care and senior services that are responsive to the needs and preferences of residents and their families.
We offer care services in the comfort and privacy of your apartment home. Our comprehensive assisted living services are for those who choose or require assistance. Memory Care is ideal for seniors who have Alzheimer’s or Dementia, to have independence while receiving the support they need in a safe and secure setting.

Homey atmosphere

We ended up picking this facility because the value of care for the price was great and my Mother would be close to other family members. When you first walk in, you notice how beautiful the community and that it has a great homey feel. The staff members are all attentive and give excellent care to my mom. It’s a new facility and they are improving every single day. Everything is what we anticipated and more. I would absolutely recommend this facility.

The Stratford

I toured The Stratford for my mother, and I thought they had a really great program, but I thought that my mother would be unhappy with the rooms. They seemed a little small to me, and I knew she wanted a room on the first floor. They unfortunately did not have any opening s for rooms on the first floor, so we continued our search.

The person who don't trust the Stratford

Please do not put your relatives or any one you love I'm this place it seems to be something it isn't. Three months in and they might end up [Removed] don't judge a book by its cover.

Rememberences

My sister has only been in the Stratford 3 weeks but so far I am very satisfied.

Such A Blessing To Find

I left the decision up to mom as to where she thought she wanted to move to and she chose this community. It's the perfect location just about a mile from my sister. My mother is happy and comfortable and that is extremely important to me it reassures me that we made the right decision. She can go out with family or friends for shopping or go out to eat. The staff is very friendly knows the residents by name and is very interactive with them. Since mom has an eyesight problem the activities director emails me weekly activities and I will respond with what I think mom will be able to do. The food is wonderful very appealing.

Care and comfort for mom

The care at this community is outstanding. The staff is very nice and attentive. The menu looked appealing. The community is clean and I like knowing that she is comfortable here. I like knowing that the is involved with the activities that offer for her. I would recommend the care at this community to other families for the care and the value for loved ones care.

Tour for comfort

We toured this community for care for my mom. The staff was nice and caring. The community is clean and we liked the environment. We would recommend this community to other families to tour for the care of a loved one.

Due to my health situation, I needed the option of nursing home care. While the Stratford was very nice, they didn't have that option.

Not the community for us.

This community seemed dark as there was not a lot of sunlight coming into the community. The community seemed clean. I did not see a lot of activities when I visited. You could hear the sound of the traffic outside of one of the rooms we saw. I did not think this would work for us.

I would not recommend!

When my father was in the assisted living, it was good but once he was moved into the memory care that's when things went down hill. There was no personal attention and they would not take him to any activities. They were available but they never went and got him. The food was not good and I feel like all they did was house him while he was there.

I feel safe and comfortable with her living here.

Mom is doing well at The Stratford. The entire staff are very friendly and approachable. They have a core group of people that are professional and mom likes them. They offer daily activities. Mom enjoys bingo and the musical entertainment. She likes the food and the variety of choices they offer. They have comfortable meeting places for the residents to socialize. The community is very clean and I would recommend it.

An intimate atmosphere!

We have seen some improvement in my mother in law since she moved into this community. She seems to be getting a better diet and she does not seem to mind the food. They have a lovely dining room. The staff seem quit caring, concerned and get along well with her. They get top marks on their cleanliness. They offered a lot of activities for the holidays and this community does not feel like it is in a commercial place.

Comfort For Mom!

My mother is doing well since her move to this community. She is still adjusting and is getting along with the staff and residents. They have a variety of activities, and she is joining most to get to know people and make friends. The place is very clean and the food is good as well. The only thing we wish they could improve on is the medical staff, they could be more on top of stuff. There are some things my mother has asked them not to do but they can't seem to remember. She is happy here, though and we think it's a great place so far.

Worth taking a look at!

I did not like the feel of this community. It felt a little to fancy, uptight and stuffy. The person that took me on my tour took the time to answer my questions. They did not ask anything about my mothers likes and what her needs are. They were not as accommodating when it came to dispensing medication. This place was not a good fit for us but it may be a good fit for someone else.

nice place, but not sure it lives up to the sales pitch.

I don't have much to compare the Stratford to, as this is the 1st memory care unit my parent was placed in. It is very expensive considering the services provided. The meals are ok.. the engagement by the staff is minimal, there does not seem to be enough staff based on the monthly costs. Clothing comes up missing.. bedding come up missing. I think the people that work there care and do their best. But they are spread a bit thin. The off the menu option has never been offered, and the flexible meal times has not been offered even if the family is there for a visit, the visit is interrupted and meal is served. some of the residents sit for hours staring off and there is no engagement from staff, the staff is over worked. But it is clean and I feel my parent is safe there, and that means a lot.

Need help with the follow up

The staff at this community is friendly and caring. The only thing is that they did not do a good job about keeping me informed and following up on my loved one. The food is healthy which I like and my loved one likes. The community is also always clean.

Not big enough!

The community was nice, but the apartments were not. The apartments were small and not good living space. The community did however, just open up a new wing. The community was also clean and taken care of. The staff was able to answer all my questions that I had. I
would probably be hesitant to recommend people unless they don't mind the
small living area.

Awesome!

This is an unbelievable facility that truly cares about its residents. I couldn't think of a better facility for our loved one to be living in.

A Better Home For Dad

The transition for my dad has been very well. He has nice staff that are friendly and I have no problems with communicating with the staff. As far as I know, my dad likes the meals that are being served to him. The community offers activities and if dad chooses he will participate. I would recommend this community to family if they need the same care.

Two weeks into mom's move from Ohio to AZ and so far it's going great. Mom likes her apt, the people and the food!

Working on getting all the medications correctly.

I like the memory care side it looks and feels like a home.

A few of the caregivers could use some more training. For the most part the caregivers are pretty awesome. The food is great. I like the memory care side it looks and feels like a home. They really do look at residents as individuals instead of stages of a disease, and seem willing to accommodate based on specific circumstances.

Beautiful. Too much for mo...

Beautiful. Too much for mother's need.

This place was amazing. But...

This place was amazing. But very high end. 351 sq. ft. studio for $2470.00. Just a slight step below where Dad is living. They don't have any openings right now. You have to wait list. Community fee is $1500.00. Pretty small units but very nice and well maintained. 3 meals included. Weekly housekeeping. If she wants her laundry done that would be extra.

Awesome!

It's a wonderful facility and the staff - they're awesome! It's a tough decision when you're trying to place somebody and it took my mom about a week to get acclimated. They were very good about going every day and getting her out of her room and introducing her to new people and she's very happy there. She loves the food just said to me the other day that they keep her so busy. When she was living at home she kept saying that she was lonely and she doesn't say that anymore. It's a home away from home for her.

I can't believe how lucky I got - I have no complaints!

not sure about the neighborhood - saf...

not sure about the neighborhood - safety wise for my mom and for family members visiting

I had a great meeting with director. ...

I had a great meeting with director. She was very informative and the facility is very nice. The location is excellent.

I liked this very much. The employee...

I liked this very much. The employees were very nice and it looked like they got good care.

Our favorite place. We loved it. Grea...

Our favorite place. We loved it. Great program. Fantastic people. Very helpful.

This place is absolutely beautiful. V...

This place is absolutely beautiful. Very nicely decorated newer facility and the staff was friendly. Mom would have to share a room and I didn't really like the floor plan of the room. Mom will need a lot of attention and this setup was not really condusive to that. Mom would be behind two doors, a locked front door and a bedroom door.

Sounds like a services fit