Room Type Monthly Range* (CAD)

No, No and Go ANYWHERE Else!

Run , don't walk AWAY! Don't even consider putting your loved one here. Staffing issues are so huge that my relative often isn't out of bed until AFTER breakfast and often in bed by 6:30 because they only have so many people to assist. Yes, that's right! Often there are only 2 people working and they do the kitchen work as well. I am so regretful that we have a relative in this place. Have never seen such a poorly run home. Their excuse - staffing issues! My answer - try paying them a bit better and maybe they would stay or come in. Please consider anywhere else if you love your family member. Don't make the same mistake that we have made!

Review of Regency Manor Port Hope, ON

I found Regency Manor to be clean. There was plenty of opportunity for residents to join in activities. The problem with Regency Manor was the food, in fact it was so bad the person I placed there moved out on her own. When questioned management stated it was something they were striving to correct. She did mention staff cooked for the retirement residents and for the nursing home residents, but they failed to take note of the difference between the two places. Some of the staff were older, and it made me wonder if they were properly trained. It is kind of sad when they serve sausages, and you can tap them on the table and the black falls off. If they can correct the menu and food prep. the place would be terrific.

Dissappointing

At first glance Regency Manor seemed really a great place for my very close friend. The staff are good, however, according to the resident they are letting the good ones go. The property seems clean, and they did provide lots of options for rooms. The BIG complaint is the food. There are days the veggies are like rocks, the meat is burnt, there is not enough, everything is over cooked, the nutrients are cooked out of them. After some discussion I found that the cooking is done for both the nursing home and the retirement sections, which would represent a whole different ballgame when it comes to taste. I also learned cooking is not done by properly trained staff, ie no training in food handling. Really need to look for a new supplier, trying to use local, it is located in farm country.