Regency at Hualalai - Kailua-Kona, HI

They want residents who are drugged up

My Father was only at this facility for 3 weeks before they kicked him out. I feel like they didn’t give him any time to adjust because he does have dementia. They are a memory care unit and it seems like they only want a certain type of residents. The residents they do have are all drugged up and sleeping all the time. My Father, however, wasn’t sleeping all that often and they didn’t want to do the work to care for him. I would not recommend this facility to other families.

Staff is very friendly

This facility has been a good fit for my Mother-In-Law. The building itself is always clean and seems tidy. The staff members are very friendly and they have been really good at integrating her into the community. They do have a lot of activities like musical events, dinners, and dancing. Her apartment is clean and has all new carpeting. The facility is also in the middle of planning a remodel. I would recommend this community to other families.

Very happy here

I moved here recently to be near my family. The food here is wonderful. The staff is wonderful the communication is great. I had contact with them for months before i moved in I felt like I knew them. The other residents are friendly.They are about to start a renovation. This place is 1,500 cheaper than the last place I was at. There is a full calendar of daily activities that I'll be able to enjoy. It is kept immaculate in here. The doctor is right across the street and this is located near the town. One side of this community you can see the beautiful ocean and sunset. The other side can see Kailua mountain. I would recommend this place.

One Happy Mom

I brought my step mother, my mom, from Colorado to Hawaii a couple of months ago to live at the Regency...she absolutely loves it :) My mother has put on about 10lbs because of the wonderful food:). The Regency has activities all day that keep her active..it is wonderful to see her so involved in things. Mom has become quite the social butterfly! The staff at the Regency are so friendly and helpful...
The assisted living home she was at in Colorado was less expensive but you get what you pay for. Mom stayed in her room most of the time at the other place but like I stated earlier, Mom is never in her room at the Regency :), she is always out and about doing all the things available to do!
I feel strongly that being at the Regency has given mom a new outlook on things, she smiles and laughs a lot!
I feel that the Regency was the right choice and I hope if anyone is able to come to the Regency, they will never regret that choice. You only live one life so I feel you should make it the best you can.
I can never thank the people enough who keep the Regency the wonderful place it is. These people who manage the Regency are the best!

Welcome to Regency at Hualalai Retirement Community in Kailua-Kona, on the Big Island of Hawaii, where seniors can enjoy catered independent living, or various levels of assisted living, based on their individual needs. Our setting in the beautiful scenery of Hawaii and comfortable atmosphere of our retirement community is complemented by personal senior care services provided by a kind and helpful staff. It’s the perfect senior housing facility for families living in Kailua-Kona, Captain Cook, Hilo or Kalaoa.

Our approach provides the ideal solution for seniors who need some help with daily activities, such as bathing, dressing and medication reminders. We focus on wellness and keeping residents as independent as possible by providing a tailored plan of assistance. Our residents enjoy beautifully appointed living spaces, delicious meals, engaging social activities, transportation, and personalized assistance and care. It's the assistance seniors need with all of the independence they want.