The Plaza at Waikiki - Honolulu, HI

Don't be fooled by the lobby!

It's beautiful, shiny and clean when you walk into the lobby, but Do NOT let your loved one be cared for on the Halia Memory Care Floor. My Mother was one of the first residents to move in. After two years of battling the administration about unsanitary living conditions, mysterious falls resulting in fractured eye sockets, we'd had enough!

The administration is very aware of the problem. We wrote off the fall as an accident but after visiting multiple times to find urine and feces on the walls, floors, bedding and other patients we'd had quite enough! Met with the administrator to report that my Mother had no sheets, soiled mattress, comforter and blankets that had been thrown over her fabric chairs (ruining them as well) - she assured me that things would be taken care of and that no one should be living like that! Next day, same thing ... moved Mom out that week.

We'd even hired a patient advocate team to visit weekly and check up on the care and cleanliness of the facility. It didn't matter. The CNA's don't want to care for the residents and the nurses pass everything off to the CNAs.

At almost $8k a month, The Plaza Waikiki should be ashamed of itself for the care they give to our aging ohana! Just shameful!

Limited Space

I took a tour at The Plaza at Waikiki, and thought that the community was generally very nice. I thought it would be very convenient because I used to live in Waikiki, and it would have been nice to be able to keep society with my friends there. However, space is so limited there, and I wanted to find a community that was more spacious.

Plaza at Waikiki

My father moved into the Plaza at Waikiki, and it was a good experience overall. It’s a beautiful place; brand new, with plenty of helpful staff. The food looked good, but my father complained that it didn’t have any salt in it. They have lots of activities like morning exercises and movies in the evenings. The grounds are very small, but the place is kept in very good condition. Really, the only issue I had is that they furnished the room for us and they charged quite a lot of money to rent that furniture. Overall though, The plaza was great, and I’d recommend it.

Clean Property!!

I had recently taken a tour of this community for my mother and I have no complaints of how things had went for her. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to answer any questions we had for them in detail. I liked the open floor plan and all of the great amenities they had available for the residents. Overall it was a great place just not the right fit for my mother in the end decision.

Very nice facility with friendly and motivated staff. The facility is new with well laid-out rooms, many features and services, and bright and spacious common areas. Location is at the west end of Waikiki away from the tourist areas and across the street from the Hawaii Convention Center.

My Father's Care and Comfort

This is a great community. The staff are nice and caring. The meals are good and a variety. The community is always clean and very enjoyable. The activiites are offer for the residents that want to participate. We would highly recommend this community to other for good care and a good value for a loved one.

Beautiful building and very friendly staff. All of the current clients seemed very happy to be there. Cheers!

A nice tour for home

We toured this community. We were happy with the nice staff that were very pleasing and were able to answering our questions. The community did offer a good variety of nice activities . We found this community not to have the feeling that we were looking for, but other families might like this community for other reasons.