The Palms of Punta Gorda - Punta Gorda, FL

Port staff to resident ratio

Careless executive director and administration. This place needs a new operating system. Residents are NOT engaged, they are over medicated and there aren’t enough nurses or staff for the residents to be cared for adequately. There needs to be a rehabilitation regimen fit into daily routines; music, movies, readings allowed and church performances. Not enough effort by staff.

Outstanding staff, mediocre food.

My wife has moved in to The Palms of Punta Gorda. She likes everyone there and gets along great, she is friends with everyone. The staff are outstanding! The accomodations and food are not the best or fanciest but that can be expected for it to be mediocre. Once a week they have a man bring in puppies and she really enjoys that. There is also a banjo band that comes in and plays, which is also enjoyed.

Attentive staff

The rooms are small, but the facility is clean and run well. The staff is very attentive to the residents and they are always so nice. There is a pleasant atmosphere here and we are satisfied with the level of care.

Friendly, personable staff

We've had a very good experience overall with The Palms of Punta Gorda. The staff here is very personable and professional, and they do a great job looking out for the residents. The facility looks brand new, everything is very nice looking and clean! The entire community just has a happy feel to it, we're very pleased!

If I need to be someplace, I would choose this one. (According to my husband)

I'm impressed with the level of care given here. It is a very pretty place and all of the help is so nice. The cost is average with others.

Scheduled a tour online, but there was nobody but a front desk person available to help us when we arrived. She did the best she could, showing us around all of the units. The units were small, dark and almost all did not have private bathrooms -- baths were shared among several residents. Was not able to get information on pricing, but was not terribly impressed with the appearance of the facility. Food looked good. Activity schedule was not available. Staff (other than the nice lady at the front desk) did not appear anxious to offer information to us.

Wonderful place

I would highly recommend them to anyone, they are very, very good. Whoever takes charge there is right around there all the time and apparently it wasn't very good but he took over and it is just wonderful.
They were wonderful to my mom, I had no problems, her room was clean and everything. They were just wonderful to her.