The Hidden Garden - Newbury Park, CA

Poorly maintained community!!

I had recently taken a tour of this community for my father and I was not impressed with this place at all. The lady that took us around the building was very polite and friendly but that was the only good thing I experienced. The place was not secure at all for the residents and was poorly maintained. Everything was just very dirty and not taken care of in my opinion. It was a dark and depressing environment and I would never put my dad in a place like this.

Happy with this place, feels homey

I love the care my Dad is receiving at The Hidden Garden. I love going over and visiting, too. The owner and caretakers are more than helpful and accommodating. My Dad has advanced dementia disease and can't be left alone. They help me with transporting him, too. I feel comfortable knowing people are around and can provide a safe place. Also, it feels like a family and maybe because it's a family living there, but I just love it.

Overall everything is great!!

I have to say out of all the different communities we had looked at for my father this was the most budget friendly. He has made a smooth transition with the help of all the staff and is really liking his new living environment. He has had no complaints about the food and is looking forward to participating in the activities they have to offer throughout the week.

Not a professional staff!!

I had showed up for my tour of this property unexpectedly and I was not pleased with what I had seen. The aid that was taking care of the residents was just outside and no one else was in the house watching them. She also had an infant with her the entire time and carried that baby around the entire tour. I just thought that was very unprofessional and did not understand how she could care for a baby and all of the residents all at once.

My mom's care

I am very happy with the care that my mom is receiving at this clean community. The staff is nice and very reliable with making sure that my mom's needs are taken care of. She is enjoying the activities that she can participate in. The food appears to be good. I would recommend this community for other families looking for good care.

The place is very beautiful and quiet. The services is tolerated to the resident needs especially food and assistance to doctors visit. I recommended this place to my friends and family.

Some hygiene concerns but overall fine

I guess fundamentally the place was, in general, fine. The one thing I did have a problem with is they would, for example, take Joan to the bathroom and then when they'd come out they wouldn't do anything like wash their hands and they'd go into the kitchen and presumably start cooking. I didn't like that, I don't think it was particularly dangerous but it didn't seem satisfactory, but in general the place was fine, they seemed to do a reasonable job. It was unfortunate in that respect, we weren't there very long and aside from the hygiene it wasn't their fault. My wife was not happy there and I don't know if there was anything they could have done about it. Another thing, now that I think of it, one of the bathrooms, it might have been the bathroom the caregivers themselves use because they live there, one day I noticed there was a towel by the sink there and as far as I could tell it looked like it had been there forever. it didn't seem like they were giving they right kind of attention, as far as the care, that was fine, there wasn't anything special that she needed.

In beautiful West Palm Beach, Florida, you will find Hidden Garden Assisted Living Residence. We are a small 14 bed facility specializing in individualized care for your loved ones suffering from memory ailments. Residents enjoying three prepared meals daily, laundry service, personal assistance, medical monitoring, housekeeping service, and basic cable television. Our staff is hand selected by our owner to be sure only the most experienced, compassionate people help care for your loved ones. We are able to provide monthly physician and podiatrist visits, incontinence assistance, medication monitoring, licensed nurse available 24 hours a day and a structured individualized activity program for each of our residents. At Hidden Garden, we have purposely kept our facility small. Doing so allows us to provide all of the services and benefits of a larger assisted living facility, while keeping the feel of home. Our decision to stay small ensures that no resident ever falls through the cracks.