The Heritage Retirement Residence - West Kelowna, BC

Review of The Heritage Retirement Residence West Kelowna, BC

I brought my mother to Heritage place for respite for a weekend. While I was extremely impressed with the care and facilities .It wasn't the place for my mom.
My mother was quite compromised with dementia so she needed much more care than Heritage could provide. Not their fault, it was hard to know what level of care they could provide as it was all done via email. We were from out of town. Beautiful place though.

Beautiful

The Heritage was beautiful and he loved it there. We have since moved him, but only because it was too far to go to visit.

Very beautiful, friendly place. We were there for 4 hours, and immediately fell in love! The food service is exquisite, and the facilities awesome. (The heated swimming pool really sold me !) We ended up with a 2 bed + den so that our son can stay with us as caregiver.

I can't say enough about [Removed] and the "volunteer lady" who accompanied us on our tour. They made us feel very much at home, and comfortable asking questions. We have toured several facilities these past 5 years, but this tour was OUTSTANDING !!

We'll be moving in June 1st and just can't WAIT !!!!

Many thanks to Harold for organizing this for us !
[Removed]

Very friendly helpful staff!!!! Facility was very clean.
All questions were well answered.

Mom Liked this one but it was on the west side of the bridge and not near her Doctor and other appointments

Things to consider when choosing.

Very bright and clean and open on the whole main floor resembling a grand hotel unlike other assisted living facilities that were older buildings resembling more of an apartment block that were painted in drab colours and gave you a closed in feeling. Not that the other facilities weren't nice and clean and the staff not friendly, but they reminded me of being in a funeral home. The 1/2 off the first months rent to give you financial assistance to help you move was another factor that helped us decide on the Heritage. Furthermore, they have a policy that reimburses you if you miss 8 or more consecutive days of meals whereas other facilities just told us another member of the family were entitled to come and eat in the residents absence! There were many other positives but no space here to elaborate

Great experience

Awesome facility

The Heritage gave my dad a new life. He lived at house by himself for 12 years after my moms passing and did well for the first 9 years. Then he deteriorated, depression set in and he did not want to see anyone. Two days after moving into Heritage, he is social again, made new friends and very busy with his new life. The rooms are spotless, so many activities to chose from, a great selection during mealtime, and Lori made the move in so effortless for all of us. Can't wait till it is my time!

Only the best for Mom....

I cannot say enough about the Heritage, the kind and caring staff and its programs. Like any well run facility they continuously look for ways to improve although can't imagine on what. Attentive, available, knowledgeable, kind, understanding, clean, well appointed are all words that easily come to mind. Mom moved in following some very big life changes. The staff was very attentive and so in tune with us and my mom there was a sense of relief and comfort right away. I know I can go home now and not worry. Lori, Jennifer, Lois, Justine, Georgia, you are amazing! Thanks Heritage for making this hard process a great experience and being there when we needed you. Thanks A Place for Mom for you kindness and diligent, knowledgeable advisor Harold, it was so helpful and reassuring.