The Laurels & The Haven in the Village at Carolina Place - Pineville, NC

First class facility with all we would have wanted but too expensive

Our experience so far is good. Some minor issues like some lost hearing aids, a small hiccup. However, they are paying for the broken one and found the lost one. They check in and they are working very well. We picked it because it was very modern and I liked the idea of 3 communities all self- contained, with great security. There is only one thing that is different, they have a lot of temporary staff that come in and out. Ideally you would want the same staff. Overall we are happy with the community.

Very welcoming director of sales. She spent plenty of time answering my questions. I think the facility is a little large for my mom but the memory care may make the short list if mom needs it.

This was an ok community

I was not very enthusiastic about this community. I did not like the way they handled the meal time. I wish they would have separated the residents so the more active ones could be together to get to know each other better. The community is clean and the staff were friendly.

Mom is happy.

Am pleased and Mom is happy.

Highly recommended!!

This facility is wonderful. Its clean and the staff is extremely nice. They have helped us adjust very good they have kept me well informed. I feel comfortable talking to them and watching them with other patients. They have a lot of activities and my husband participates in them. When I take my granddaughter , she likes to join in the activities as well. The staff always encourage my husband and all of the residents to join activities, I recommend the and already have to my friends!

This was a good visit. [Removed] was very friendly which put me at ease. The residents and workers were happy. The facility was roomy and felt comfortable. My Mother would be well taken care of, enjoy the activities and feel at home.

This is a very nice facility. Interior and exterior appear to be well maintained with continuing remodeling. Room sizes are spacious. They have many activities for their residents to engage in. Staff appears to be very personable and attentive to needs of residents and visitors. This facility has a certain charm and family feel to it.

I have nothing but great things to say about the people there.

Our experience has been with the memory care part here, The Laurels and The Haven in the Village at Carolina Place. I have nothing but great things to say about the people there. We have been thrilled, they have made our transition so much easier than our previous place, Wellmore of Tega Cay (stay away from there!). Here they are observant, and on top of things. In less than 48 hours of being there they were able to identify a potential health issue, and have it addressed. They are right there to check in on us, and make sure we are okay, and that we know that everything will be okay. The difference in how much more experienced, and how much the people care is like night and day. There will always be little things that could be improved, like dusting, nobody is perfect after all, but we are so happy with our experience here, those things aren't even worth mentioning.

Toured

I toured this community while looking into care options for a loved one. I thought The Laurels seemed like a nice enough place, although the facility seemed like it could use some renovations. I also thought the parking situation was a bit difficult.

Nice facility

The Laurels is a nice facility. The place is always clean and orderly. The staff is great with the residents and they are very helpful and compassionate. The other residents here are so nice to talk to and a joy to be around.

Very nice

We toured here when we were looking for options. It was nice, but not in the area, that dad ultimately decided he wanted to be in. Very nice though.

Very modern and clean facility. Friendly staff in each 'neighborhood.' Uniquely-designed.

Toured

We toured this community while looking into care options for my loved one. The Laurels in the Village seemed like a nice enough place in terms of general cleanliness and care, however I just didn't think it was somewhere my loved one would be comfortable. It had a very clinical atmosphere, and I wanted somewhere my loved one would feel at home. Also the person who gave me my tour seemed very new, she did not have answers to many of my questions.

First months review

Everyone I've spoken to regarding my mother's care at The Haven has been very helpful. It has been a wonderful first month experience for both my mom who is a resident there and for me and my husband. Thank you to all the staff at The Haven in The Village at Carolina's Place, 13150 Dorman Rd., Pineville, NC 28134

short but caring stay

My Mother was only at the Haven for ten weeks; however, the care she received while there was wonderful. The entire staff was extremely caring for her and our family. I would highly recommend this facility to any family who needs memory care for a family member. Mom's decline was much more rapid than we ever expected. When physicians making house calls recommended that Hospice be called in, the staff worked well and very closely with the Hospice team to ensure Mom's comfort. My only regret is that we did not transfer Mom to the Haven sooner.

Happy @ Haven

Great atmosphere...caring staff. Always attentive to residents. Would highly recommend.

great location

I would say that it’s a fairly quiet area. It’s a great location and easily accessible. The food is excellent. They have a chef and open dining which is fantastic. We’re very pleased with the food. There is enough parking.

A very caring Community

The Haven is a great place for assisted memory care. My wife is only 66 yrs. old and has adapted very well. The management is very caring to the residents and their family. There are activities all day to keep residents very active from singing , gardening, games, ice cream socials, bible study. The staff in all three communities are great . they are very loving and caring to the residents.The meals are great, three course at every meal. I have lunch with my wife four days a week. My wife is young and has Alzheimer's, I recommend The Haven . It is truly a great place for memory care. I had researched for 6 months for the best Assisted living Memory care and The Haven is the BEST.

Very good care, overall

My loved one was here for a time before her care needs necessitated a move. Overall I was very impressed by the assisted living care offered here, it just wasn't as appropriate for her as her memory care needs advanced. I would have rated them 5, except we had a few issues with her medication management, where I discovered that she had run out or lost of a particular medication before I was ever told by the staff.

Haven't had a great experience

The staff here could use more training on caring for diabetes patients. They seem to have a high staff turnover, as my loved one is having to teach someone new how to handle her needles every week or two. I've also gotten the distinct feeling that that most of the staff just treats this like a job and they're waiting out the clock, they seem uncaring and in some cases rude. I've talked to the management about this but haven't really seen any improvement. I wouldn't recommend this place.

We've been pleased with them.

We've been pleased with them. There have been some issues with medication management. Other than that they have been great.

Helped us with misconceptions

A Place for Mom helped us immensely in finding a suitable location for our aging Aunt. They clarified some misconceptions we had of where we could actually have her cared for, and set up appts for visiting the locations which resulted in our choosing The Haven in Pineville.

My journey with mom

So far it has been wonderful!!!!! Everyone has done their best to make my mom comfortable. She loves the place so far. Me, I am very grateful for how they have welcomed her finally I feel she is safe. I know she will fall there eventually. But, now I know someone will be there to make sure she is ok or needs medical attention.
Stephen Chapman is so attentive to the residents. He never fails to make mom smile. Also, he worked with us with all the admission process and was very patient with me! Can't say enough about him and everyone there.

Good environment for her, but slow response time

The care is good, I would say I don't have any specific issues; it takes them a little while to get there when she presses the call button. The response time is a pretty wide variation depending on what time of day it is, if the care giver from that area is tied up giving someone a shower it may take awhile; not having enough staff may be one of the problems. We don't get up there a lot but my brother doesn't think it's too big of a problem.
She's done a couple of things with them there, not a lot because of her stroke but it's fairly quiet. The room is very nice, we got her a little bedroom and a nice little den kind of a place so it feels more like being at home for her. I do have one problem with them, when we signed her up, the sales amanger said he would take care of getting her signed up with long term care insurance and I just got off the phone with long term care and he never followed through on that.

This was a good place. Nice staff, f...

This was a good place. Nice staff, friendly environment. 'community feel'. Saw at least 3 staff members helping during lunch. They have a 24 hours nurse on site. Room available now.

Newer facility, great open time dinin...

Newer facility, great open time dining concept, nice alcove style room, parking long distance from building (even handicap)

One of the final options.

One of the final options.

Like the RN presence and activity per...

Like the RN presence and activity person was very good - she gave the tour. Locator system for all residents/staff. Very active population.

This is my number 1 right now. They w...

This is my number 1 right now. They weren't ready for me, but took time for a tour. the Director helped. Price is more within reason, but worried about the medical procedure to transfer him. Still looking.

decent place can get her in 1 br on 1...

decent place can get her in 1 br on 1st fl -- garden view. nice apt with mini fridge & micro. Studio nice but no micro/fridge. full meals all day. guests spoke highly.

If you happened to be at The Laurels a few weeks ago, your perceptions might have been changed. You would have seen our residents donning motorcycle helmets and spinning around the neighborhood with a caring group of Harley Davidson enthusiasts.

At The Laurels we celebrate age by offering creative ways to live more fully. It’s about sharing meaningful times with friends and family. It’s about self-expression through art, dance, and exercise. And, most importantly, it’s about living in the moment.

If you or a loved one is considering assisted living, choose a community that believes there is no time limit on thirst for life.