The Harrison - Indianapolis, IN

Not a place I would recommend

My father lived at The Harrison for almost two years. It was a fiasco the entire time. Due to excessive high turn over and very poor communications between staff, one is consistently informing caregivers what type of care they are suppose to be providing. Mass confusion, and lack of concern runs rampant. Having a memory care division, without 24/7 RN is unbelievable!
My father started out in their assisted living division, after a stay in the hospital and rehab, he needed more care. At the advise of the director he was put into the memory care division, with the explanation he would receive better care as the ratio of residents to staff was better. It was just more of the same. Incompetence! Hospice was soon brought in. Witnessing dad’s rapid decline within a week, hospice advised he be moved to a skilled nursing facility. I took their advise much to the disagreement of the D.O.N and Director claiming they could take care of him during his end times.
During my father’s passing he needed morphine administered every two hours throughout a 48 hour time span. This is something The Harrison could not have administered . A QMA nor a CNA can administer morphine and since they do not see a need to have a registered nurse on staff 24/7, Dad would have suffered greatly.
Dad was gone from The Harrison five days before his passing. After living there for almost two years there was no notice posted (as with all other residence who had passed before him) of his passing. Going to The Harrison the day after his death to finish cleaning out his room, I was not spoken to by the Director or the D.O.N which I came into direct contact with. Others within the building had to find out about dads passing by word of mouth.
This is the caring environment of The Harrison.

Unprofessional

My parents live at the Harrison and the Director ignores the family. We have been asking for copies of the medications and times given, to ensure they have them correct and the facility refuses to provide. They know the children are their Health Power of Attorneys, Financial Power of Attorneys and are the responsible party who signed the lease (copies are on file with the establishment). They also refuse to remove unnecessary items from their assessments that run the billing higher, such as waking them up, using hearing aids, making the beds, bathing reminders, etc., the family and hired companions take care of all this. Management is very unprofessional, we have asked many times what is needed to accomplish these tasks that we have not already provided and still no response. We continue to ask today.

The entire staff at the Harrison has been very nice and helpful, beginning with [Removed]. [Removed] was our first contact and first impression with the Harrison and she is outstanding! Not only helpful but caring.

Still adjusting...

My mother is still adjusting since her move into The Harrison. As each week goes by, she seems to be getting better. There are a couple of things that could use some work with housekeeping. My mother's linings are not always washed and her apartment doesn't always seem to be clean. Other than that, everyone, there is very friendly. There are a few ladies that have taken my mother under their wing and sit with her during meal time.

Care for a loved one

This is a nice community. The staff are caring. They do need improvemtns with the meals that are offered. They do have activities for the residents who want to particpate. The community appeared to be clean. We would recommend that other families tour this community for the care of a loved one.

I like this community!

The staff are helpful and nice. They offer daily activities as well as some outings to stores and restaurant. The food is not bad. They keep the community clean and offer cleaning services for your apartment. They offer transportation and I would recommend this community.

In love all over again!

The staff is great and they are really nice and understanding. The food is awesome and me and my loved one feels like they have done an excellent job. They can use a little help on the activities. I also like that they have several outdoor spaces for the residents to walk and sit at.

I was disparate to find a place for my dad. I called a place for mom and within 1 day had a place for him. They were extremely helpful, nice, and understanding of my needs. I am blessed to have met these people.
Thank you so much for all your help.

Great Property

The property is great. For the short amount of time everything is just fine. Small issue occurred where there are bigger issues at other facilities.

This was a nice tour, we chose based on personality fit.

We toured here when we were looking for options. It was a nice place. We looked at a few nice places when we were looking around. Ultimately we decided based on the best personality fit.

Not for the elderly with memory issues!

The Harrison is not a facility for the elderly whom have memory issue's. Whether it's simply short term or the beginning stages of dementia.

Nor do I believe they can handle a true emergency with regards to their nursing personnel.

Shelly Haggard

That is correct, The Harrison is an independent living retirement community. Independent living is for seniors who do not necessarily require any assistance with their daily living or nursing, memory or long-term care. Quality Home Care is a licensed home care located inside The Harrison. They are staffed with nursing personnel who provide assisted living services.

Nice facility, personable staff, semi...

Nice facility, personable staff, semi-independent living. Assistance on site and available ala carte. 1 meal a day included. Location is Speedway, not ideal for us.

This is the nicest I've seen.

This is the nicest I've seen.

Race over to The Harrison at Eagle Valley, where desired amenities and convenient services get residents revved up about a vibrant Indy lifestyle that encourages independence through innovative recreational, educational, health and wellness programs. Our Assisted Living and Memory Care community in Indianapolis, Indiana, offers spacious studio, one- and two-bedroom apartments in a comfortable environment with luxuries such as walk-in closets and full-sized appliances in some homes. From the thoughtfully designed floor plans to the world-class service and myriad recreational and social opportunities such as 10 a.m. daily coffee hour, residents may just find that we have thought of everything. Our residents get a green light to enjoy life without the hassles of cooking, cleaning and maintenance while receiving prompt and attentive care when needed from friendly and knowledgeable staff members. Weekly outings, along with our courtesy transportation, provide our residents with the freedom to explore the area’s numerous shopping, dining and entertainment options and take advantage of nearby medical facilities and pharmacies.