The Hampton at Salmon Creek Memory Care - Vancouver, WA

Not good

We were told not to visit our dad for two weeks to let him get acclimated to the community. We visited after nine days and found that he had had a stroke and nothing was done. We took him out of the community at this time. The community did not stop his medication from being delivered. The marketing person so nice and helpful before my loved one moved in. The last person we dealt with was very rude. The staff seem young and do not seem to know what they are doing.

Koelsch Senior Communities

Thank you for offering your comments on The Hampton at Salmon Creek Memory Care Community. I am sorry you were not allowed to meet with your dad once he moved in, but as you know, that was not our restriction. Our 24-hour licensed nurses are dedicated to the care of each resident, and unfortunately, they could not prevent the stroke that happened. We hope your dad is recovering and doing better. If we can serve you in any way, we would be grateful if you would call Kim, our Executive Director.

Would probably be 1st choice. Excellent facility. Smaller, liked that. Close to one of us.

Koelsch Senior Communities

Thank you for taking a moment and writing a review for The Hampton at Salmon Creek Memory Care Community. We will pass along your comments to our teams and hope you have found the perfect spot! If we can serve you in any way, we would be grateful if you would call Kim our Executive Director.

So happy we chose this wonderful place

My siblings and I began a search for a memory care facility for our father in the fall of 2016. It was becoming increasingly obvious to us that not only was Dad getting worse, but that Mom was not coping well as his primary caregiver. We narrowed the search down to two options, and The Hampton at Salmon Creek was our top choice if we could convince Mom to place Dad into memory care and remain independent in their home on her own. When things came to a head in March of 2017, we had to move somewhat quickly and Courtney at The Hampton was instrumental in convincing our mom that the right thing to do was to place Dad as soon as possible. He moved in at the end of March.

In the weeks since his placement, the transformation has been, in a word, remarkable. My father, who was previously a ball of anxiety most of the time and could become verbally belligerent at the drop of a hat, is now easygoing and calm. When I see him, he is happy and good-natured. He may not know anyone’s name but he thinks the caregivers and staff are all great people and thinks the place is very nice. We do too. The atmosphere is always so serene and calming, the environment is clean and neat, and doesn’t feel at all like an antiseptic medical facility. It reads more like a home - one that is safe and full of people who care. It’s clear that the caregivers are attentive and very much present - there is always someone close by or just around the nearest corner.

As much as my father is thriving in his new home, the bigger impact has been felt by my mom. For more than three years she had been unable to leave the house alone and in the past year hadn’t even been able to use the bathroom by herself due to my father’s anxiety from his Alzheimer’s. In a short while she’d appeared to have aged ten years and looked exhausted and defeated most of the time. In the last few weeks she has been able to return to her bridge club that she adores, has gone out of town for overnights, and has been able to catch up on home maintenance that had been slipping. She is getting more and better sleep and because she isn’t constantly worried about her husband. She is able to relax because she knows that the caring staff at The Hampton at Salmon Creek has his best interests in mind at all times and is providing the care he needs so that she can be his wife again and just enjoy spending time with him. I could not be more pleased with how he is doing and all that the staff has done to help him get to this point.

Koelsch Senior Communities

Elizabeth, thank you for sharing your mom and dad’s journey to The Hampton at Salmon Creek Memory Care Community. We discover that caregivers feel the brunt of their years of service and so glad to read that your mom has begun to thrive again. I will share this story with our team and blessed that your dad’s transformation has been remarkable. If we can serve you in any way, we would be grateful if you would call Kim our Executive Director.

Not Very Impressed

We didn't like this community, it just wasn't the right one for my mother in law. It was much more expensive for our budget. A good thing about this community is that they offer great activities. Also the staff was kind and friendly. They were informative and answered my questions. I'm pretty sure this is a nice community, just not the one for us.

Koelsch Senior Communities

Thank you for taking a few minutes to write this review for The Hampton at Salmon Creek. We understand that each family is unique, and we appreciate your honesty. Our Director of Activities ensures that our residents have a variety of events to choose from, and we are glad that you were able to witness that community benefit. Our number one priority is the care and comfort for our residents, and to read that our staff has been kind and friendly is wonderful. Please feel free to contact the Executive Director if we can be of further assistance to you or your mom and we hope you find the perfect spot.

Amazing place - clean, lovely facility, with lots to offer, near my work and easy for Dad to drive to.

Koelsch Senior Communities

Thank you for spending a few minutes and writing a review. The Hampton at Salmon Creek Memory Care is an amazing place, and we couldn’t agree more. The Director of Activities ensures that we offer the latest in life enrichment programming with a variety of options. And we are glad that dad is close by for visits. Please contact the Executive Director if we can be of further assistance.

Grandma Is Doing Great

My grandmother is doing great at The Hampton at Salmon Creek Memory Care. We are really happy with her move here they have been amazing with helping her adjust to the move and the new community. The facility it self looks great it is very clean and has no foul smells around there I've never had a problem with that. The staff is very helpful and kind they really made the transition smooth for us. My grandmother has gone some outing with the residents and goes down daily to participate in the activities. They really made her feel like she was moving into home not just a community and that is really nice. I would recommend them to family and friends.

It's been wonderful.

It's been wonderful. The people are really friendly. They do the best with the food that they can, it's not too bad. This was a good fit for us, I would say they are a five.

always eager to help

At The Hampton at Salmon Creek Memory care they are very professional and always eager to help. We are very confident to leave mom in there care. We have truly been blown away with this entire facility. I am really happy with the amount of activities that are provided all day long. I highly recommend this place.

Koelsch Senior Communities

We appreciate your confidence in our team. It’s a high priority for us to respond to the needs of your family quickly. We’re glad you find the activities helpful. It’s important to us too. Life still has meaning and purpose even with memory loss.

great

The Hampton at Salmon Creek Memory Care is really a very great facility. The residents enjoy it there and all the staff is very nice and helpful.

One area for improvement would be to have a little better communication with the families, keeping us informed of how things are going, responding promptly, etc.

Other than that everything has really been great.

Koelsch Senior Communities

Thank you for your review of The Hampton at Salmon Creek Memory Care. We love our residents and are grateful for your kind words. Our staff considers it an honor to serve your family and we understand the need to keep in touch. We enjoy having families attend events and spend time at the community with their loved ones. Many have asked to receive the monthly activity calendar in order to stay more involved with activities and events. We endeavor to maintain an “open door policy” and enjoy the opportunity to talk with you to keep you abreast of community happenings. We hope your loved one enjoys The Hampton for many years to come!

A Community That Reduces Stress and Gives You Peace of Mind

The first impression we both had upon meeting the staff was very welcoming, respectful and friendly. They also demonstrated a genuine and personalized care for the residents of the community. Quite frankly The Hampton at Salmon Creek is an excellent facility for memory care. I would highly recommend that those seeking care for their loved one to include this facility in your search.

Whatever the level of care required, the staff is very capable, efficient, knowledgeable, caring and consistent. They seem to know the correct response in any situation with which they are presented.

I feel as if I can leave my loved one there and have peace of mind......They take care of every aspect. Plus they are incredibly flexible in terms of length of time needed

Good for the most part with only a couple of concerns.

Everything is going pretty well. There have been a few situations that are kind of unexplained. There was a missing item, and there has been a bruise that they don't know how it happened. Other than that it's pretty standard things. The activities are pretty constant, they do a good job of trying to engage the residents. The quality of the food is not quite where I thought it would be, it's kind of institutional. There are choices on the menu but you don't really get to pick. If they don't like what they are having they will bring something else. The staff seems a little light on the weekends. We chose them because the director was very good, and the place shows really well it's new and it's clean, it's a nice facility, it's not as institutional feeling as some of the others.

Fabulous! New Great Staff! Hard to fi...

Fabulous! New Great Staff! Hard to find any place that handles diabetes and they do, Love this place!

Very nice facility. Focus i...

Very nice facility. Focus is on memory care. Have a follow-up visit to determine if Grant qualifies for veteran's financial assistance.

They do a good job.

They do a good job. It's very clean and the staff is very friendly. It seems like they serve a lot of starch, not enough fresh fruits and vegetables with the meals. Benjamin is very attentive, and approachable to talk to, he is always willing to stop and chat in the halls, and Nadia is wonderful too, they are both very special and really make the place great.

My father's Keeper

My father moved into the hamptons at salmon creek in 2014. As a daughter I was very concern about leaving him alone in the care of strangers . I was worried about him being neglected and lonely. You can rest assured that your family member is getting nothing but the best care there. they truly care about the residents well being and always have time to keep the family updated on their progress. the place is beautiful, clean,modern. the staff's are friendly , warm and kind. also the food is delicious. I can sleep well at night knowing my father is well taken care of and is in loving hands.

The Hampton at Salmon Creek is the BEST!

I cannot say enough about the people involved with memory care facilities! The agonizing emotions that you go through making decisions for your loved one is one of the toughest things in life. After many months of looking and learning about Memory Care facilities The Hamptons at Salmon Creek was by far the BEST! Letting go of that 24/7 care for Dad has been a challenge for myself but when I step back and take a deep breathe, it’s calming to know he’s being taken care of by all the dedicated people at The Hampton’s at Salmon Creek. And best of all ….. Dad loves it! He has his moments of not understanding but that is to be expected from anyone. The love and care they show him brightens his day ….everyday!

Imagine your loved one thriving at The Hampton at Salmon Creek, where they will be treated like family. Warmth, respect and compassion abound in our beautiful and secured environment. By providing personalized memory care, we enhance the lives of our seniors, and provide peace of mind for their families.