Impressive

I met and spoke with the manager and was very impressed! When a facility cares so much about their employees it quickly trickles down to the residents. But even if that wasn't true, it's easy to sense a genuine team of people who care about the elderly.

Care and value for family

I like the care at this community. The community is a little on the older side. When The staff is caring and attentive. We are happy with staff who are attentive. They do have activities that are offered. We would recommend families to tour this community for the care of a loved one.

A good fit!

I am very happy with the care my mother is receiving at The Country Home. The place is clean, bright, and welcoming. I am pleased with the way things are going.

I do not recommend this place

My grandfather was at this establishment for close to a year. I had a great many issues with the management. They would constantly lose my grandfathers clothes, they would get mixed up with other peoples laundry. I later realized they would wash everyone's clothes together. Even the ones that were soiled would go together with other peoples clothes also living there in the washer altogether. My grandfather would get skin tears and bruising on his hands. I caught one foreign incoherent staff lady manhandling my grandfather and yelling at him. What ultimately forced us to get out of this place was when my grandfather was sent to the ER for medical reasons and the owner refused to accept him back when he was well enough to come back. This was after she and I had a disagreement. No forewarning or anything, they had all his things packed and bagged in his suitcase and garbage bags. Be careful dealing with this establishment.

Very Pleased With My Experience Here

My mother will be moving from this community pretty soon, but I was very satisfied with everything they have done for us. It is a beautiful community, the grounds and the community are very well maintained. My only issue was I wish they would had taken her outside more to experience to nice grounds. The staff is great, they are very caring. They would inform me of anything that happened. I was very pleased with my experience here at this community.

A Great Tour

I took a tour of this place and liked it for a lot of things. First I noticed the staff seem to really care for the residents and the gave a homey feeling to the community. The bedroom were spaced enough and it seemed always clean. A nurse also told me this was a good community. The price is very reasonable, even though it does not look fancy I feel this was a better place. We were unable to move Mom in because she was not walker-ready.

A Short Stay

This community was good to us. I have my mom living here for respite, which seems to be clean for guest and residents. With some proactive talks the staff were able to get things more on track. My mom was unable to eat and because she did not feel well enough, she did not join in activities. Overall I like this community and I was happy with the care given.

We were blessed to find The Country Home for Seniors

Our family was blessed when we found The Country Home for Seniors owned by Nina and Ralph. It is truly a home for our Mom that we no longer were able to provide due to the Alzheimers. Nina called everyday with an update on how our Mom was adjusting for the first two months. After that she was available to speak to or text at anytime with questions or concerns. Sol is in charge of medications and oversees the daily care of the residents. Sol is also available to speak to at anytime. The residents call her "Mama". Once you meet her you will know why. She has a huge heart and loves what she does. Her husband, Edgar, is in the kitchen preparing the meals for the day. They believe the residents need food that tastes good with lots of flavor and Edgar accomplishes that goal. His roast pork with real mashed potatoes and gravy is good example. Delicious! The individuals that provide care for our loved ones know exactly what their needs are and how to manage them as people not patients. Our Mom is bathed and groomed everyday and is well nourished. The residence has beautiful gardens surrounding the home so you can go out, sit under an old oak tree and enjoy nature. The home is decorated to celebrate all the holiday seasons throughout the year. We give the Country Home 5 Stars!

It's Great!

My dad has been there since July. He seems to be doing fine. Sol gives us feedback daily. Its not very close to us but other than that its great.

My mom has been there for about 3 wee...

My mom has been there for about 3 weeks. The price is just right and the people are nice.

The Country Home for Seniors of Morris Plains, New Jersey is pleased to inform you that we offer two types of services to the elderly population. One is Dementia/Alzehimer’s care. We have private and semi-private rooms with a capacity for 17 residents. Since we are not a big institution, we cherish and enjoy the family atmosphere wherein everybody knows everybody, and no one gets forgotten. To eliminate wandering issues, our Home is fenced in and the windows and exit doors are alarmed. We have a central fire alarm system and the building is fully sprinklered. The following are services we provide:

3 home-cooked meals, round the clock staffing, routine check-ups by RN, incontinence care, recreational activities, personal laundry, medication supervision/administration, assistance in activities of daily living, housekeeping and linen services.

The other type of services we provide is residential personal care services. Here, the residents are independent, reasonably oriented to their surroundings and not in need of nursing home care, only minimal assistance and companionship. We have private and semi-private rooms with a capacity for 22 residents. Our rates are affordable.