The Commons on Thornton - Stockton, CA

Happy Residents

Would have been my choice if we hadn't found Alcor. It was smaller than Emeritus. I liked the people there very much and the residents seemed happy.

Did not have Room

We went there before I put mother into another community. There were two women working there. One said one thing, the other said something different. I paid the money and they assured me that they would take mother. Then when the time came, they told me nothing was available. I had to fight to get my deposit back. I would not recommend that place to someone my mothers age. maybe for a younger person. I don't think that my mother would have gotten the care that she needed. I think that she would have been on her own. Especially for what they charge.

I like this place and it wo...

I like this place and it would cost less than COaks plus 24-7 care givers. Clean, new, rich without being 'grand'. I saw the Renaisance (memory care) building.Garden courtyard, therapeutic animals, semi private means 2 rooms that share a roomy bathroom between them, with a roomy shower.Paige,the Recreational Therapist with a 4 yr degree in the field; did not meet Paige. 24 apartments, 2 of them coming available. I liked one #110, with courtyard on one side and tree, vacant lot, on other. The other, #120, is in a 'busy location' still with a tree out the window. Staff interaction for night wandering. Apt doors open, staff encourage resident to be involved. Maryanna, director/coordinator. I was not there for a meal. Dining room and menu appealing. Hydration program, fruit and treats. Current costs: $5225 Private, $4699 semi private + Level 1 $375, Level 2 $750, up to Level 4, 'almost hospice'

Above and Beyond

Since moving my parents into the Commons, the staff has gone above and beyond my expectations in the care they receive, the activities provided, the extra security, and the overall atmosphere. Each and every staff person has treated my parents with dignity and respect during what turned out to be a very difficult transition for both of them. If I had to choose again, I would definitely choose the Commons. My parents both needed extra care later after living there for a while. The cost is definitely worth the extra care they have provided. The security knowing my parents are being well cared for is priceless.

Beautiful facility with excellent sta...

Beautiful facility with excellent staff and buildings. Unfortunately they do not take residents that have a main diagnosis of Dimentia.

large, clean, newer facility. Staff w...

large, clean, newer facility. Staff was nice.

A beautiful facility

A beautiful facility

If the time has come to make other living arrangements for your elderly parents, we have the answer. Our beautiful facility in Stockton, CA creates a unique blend of independence and assistance. At The Commons on Thornton, we provide a variety of senior living options tailored to fill individual needs. Whether your loved one needs independent living, assisted living, memory care or respite care we have designed our living arrangements so that no senior citizen feels out of place. We treat your parents with the same respect that we would our own. We understand that senior care includes more than a place to eat and sleep. We offer an abundance of well-rounded amenities and services that takes care of the whole person. Our independent lifestyle includes outings to activities and events in the community of Stockton. On site we offer various exercise programs, a computer lounge, a gym and movies just to name a few. Our gorgeous landscaped grounds offer our residents a place to enjoy the peace and solitude of nature. Assisted living enables your loved one to remain as independent as possible with a little help from our staff. We provide medication oversight, assistance with personal hygiene, special diets, meal plans, ambulatory assistance, incontinent management and transportation to medical appointments. Our pathways program is design to assist in memory care. Our special trained team incorporates a selection of interesting activities to stimulate cognitive skills as well as physical strength and endurance to boost self-esteem. Our respite care allows caregivers a chance to get away to avoid burnout. We give them an opportunity to relax knowing that their loved one is with a qualified team of professionals. In order to fulfill individual needs, we offer respite by the hour, half a day, a full day or an extended period.