O'Connor Woods - Stockton, CA

Above and Beyond

Beautiful facility with excellent staff and buildings. Extremely clean & everyone is very friendly. Just knowing that you can contact someone who has seen and talked to your family member recently gives tremendous peace of mind.

I like the way they have it set up.

I like the way they have it set up. It just seemed that they have a bit more personnel, more people on hand watching everyone. My wife's father stayed there for several years before he passed away. He passed away a little over a year ago. When we would go visit, we would have dinner in dining room and the food was pretty good. One thing I really did like about it was, they served meals when you wanted to eat, not at a certain time. So if you wake up at 2 in the morning and you're hungry, they feed you.

Extremely clean & everyone is very f...

Extremely clean & everyone is very friendly

My mother was in the independent livi...

My mother was in the independent living there, Silver Oaks. There were times that she complained about the food but they had a menu that they were catering to a lot more people and it was workable. She was there for 10 years. It's a nice place. We liked that the facility itself is lovely, her personal apartment was fantastic, the staff is great. They were very accommodating. As my mother started to decline they really tried to facilitate her needs. They really worked well with me which I appreciated.

Living at O’Connor Woods Retirement Community is an engaging, enriching experience! Although our campus is beautiful…filled with century old oak trees, gardens and walking paths...living here is about a lifestyle that most say they wish they had embarked on much earlier.
Residents enjoy beautiful, well appointed apartments and cottages, designed with full kitchens, washers/dryers, and complemented by an array of services included in the affordable monthly fee. Additionally, they may choose to partake in a multitude of life enrichment programs, events and activities… running the gamut from stimulating trips and outings, to on-campus lecture series (affiliated with the university), to clubs and themed celebrations. Superb offerings also include of our multi-faceted chapel, well-equipped fitness club (with newly completed pool cover for indoor, year-round swimming), and putting green. We invite the outside community in to experience our campus and are now offering our fitness classes (including water exercise and balance) to the senior public for a reasonable monthly fee. In addition, we boast fabulous dining with distinct venues for community catered events. As a not for profit, Continuing Care Retirement Community, our residents can rest assured that their needs will be met should health changes occur. Founded in 1990 by St. Joseph’s Hospital, our 34 acre campus is home to over 500 seniors and 300 staff. O’Connor Woods is the perfect solution ~ and opportunity ~ for today’s seniors.