The Blake at Gulf Breeze - Gulf Breeze, FL

[Name removed] was great and disclosed & answered all our questions. The facility is very clean and we were able to speak to a few residents and staff. I was impressed with the Movie Theater and table cloth dining room with a grand piano for entertainment while residents eat. I wish I looked at places like this when my mom was alive. Would highly recommend.

This place was great, although a little on the more expensive side. Lots of amenities, activities. Nice facility. The residents seemed happy and the staff were attentive. They have a memory care center and a license for end of life treatment (basically, nursing home care), so that your loved one would not need to move again if his or her health needs changed.

Help when we needed it!

We have been getting our parents into a care facility with much resistance from them, but when it became necessary the Beacon provided all the support we could want. They have been so amazing and accommodating to all the silly little demands asked of them, it made it much more workable for us.
Now let me say the accommodations are beautiful, the food is outstanding, and the staff from top down is friendly and attentive. When you enter there you would think you were entering a fine hotel, except of course the only guest are aged (but engaged).
The home is no longer The Blake,it is now The Beacon at Gulf Breeze.

Great tour!!

I had recently taken a tour of this community for my loved one and I have no complaints of how things went for us. The staff where on time to our tour and made sure to answer any questions we had for them in detail. They made sure to give us there honest opinion on what my mother had needed and pointed us in the right direction. The property was beautiful and very well maintained for all of the residents. It was not the right fit at the time for my mother but I would recommend it to anyone.

Mom is doing great

The staff are fantastic. Mom loves the food and they offer a good diet. Mom is in the memory care unit and they have trips out as well as daily activities. This locked down community is very open and the residents are able to enjoy the outdoors. The community went through an inspection before we moved in and it is immaculate. This community is all inclusive so we pay the same price for whatever care she might need. I would recommend this community.

The Beacon had outstanding facilities and activities for respite care

My father stayed at the Beacon for about a week in May, 2016, for respite care as we were out of town. My Father and I got a guided tour by Tiffany of the facility, and were invited to any events or meals that we wished to do, before the respite care stay. My father enjoyed his stay, and wants to go back. I highly recommend the Beacon for respite care.

Horrible experience!

From the moment we arrived with our mom, we knew we had made a mistake! We decided to give this facility a try, but as time went on, we witnessed many residents being neglected and uncared for. Our mom suffered a stroke, and we were not notified until days later. We will forever regret our decision to place her at the Blake. The workers were uncaring and unconcerned about her care. Thank goodness we had a hospice team in place.

Highly Recommend!

The Blake at Gulf Breeze is where my grandmother lived for over a year in the memory care side. The staff was so compassionate and caring towards all the residents when I went to visit her on a regular basis. The nurses were well educated and knew exactly what to do to assist the other residents for their daily requests. The building was just like a 5 star Ritz Carlton hotel and was just as gorgeous inside. My grandmother always raved about how good the food was as well as how attentive the staff was to her every need. I would highly recommend The Blake at Gulf Breeze for anyone to house their loved ones to retire at.

The Blake

My mother-in-law lived at The Blake at Gulf Breeze. She absolutely loved it and the staff were attentive, caring and competent. As a Registered Nurse, I communicated closely with the wellness team and I always found the staff to be genuinely concerned for the residents and family members. She loved having meals with her friends in the dining room and she participated in the activity program on a regular basis. Our extended family often had meals at The Blake which created meaningful memories that still bring peace of mind to me and my wife. I have toured every assisted living facility in the area and The Blake was superior on every level.

Nice, but Didn't Qualify

All I can rate is the appearance, and it's lovely place, but I don't know about the care or food. All they said was that he didn't qualify. It was a very, very nice facility but strictly assisted living, they couldn't handle combative behavior.

Nice People

My dad used to live here. His room was pretty small. We had to buy a refrigerator and microwave for him. He liked The Blake. He thought it was nice but he didn't do a lot of the activities. The people were nice there.

My loved one enjoys living at The Bla...

My loved one enjoys living at The Blake. The activities, food and compassionate staff have created a new "life" for my loved one.

The Blake at Gulf Breeze

excellent facility in my short experience with them

“Welcome Home to The Blake!”

The Blake at Gulf Breeze is a superior Retirement, Assisted Living and Memory Care Community, providing our residents access to programs that promote well-being, security, longevity, family and self-worth. Our community has 70 apartments for individuals seeking an active, but simpler lifestyle. The Blake at Gulf Breeze also has an adjoining building with 37 apartments designed for Alzheimer’s and/or memory care impairments.

At The Blake, we strive to offer unmatched care that gives a joyful, relaxing home to our residents, providing peace of mind for their families. At The Blake, we encourage our residents to live life to the fullest and let us take care of the details.