Brookdale Pensacola - Pensacola, FL

Brookdale Pensacola - Pensacola, FL has yet not published prices.

We really liked this place a lot. It was on the smaller side. The residents seemed happy, and the rooms and atmosphere were cheerful. We met the nurse and activities director, who we really liked. And, they have been very responsive to calling us back concerning our follow-up questions as we continue to evaluate places for our family member.

The residents looked happy, and I liked the apartments and facilities shown. Loved the fact that it's dog friendly. [Removed] was very cheerful and positive. However, no respite care facility was available and could not guarantee for my specific dates.

A tour for my mom

I toured this community. The staff was very nice and friendly. The meals seem to be a good variety. They had good activities that would have been good for my mom. This community comes highly recommended for the care and the value.

They need work!

There activities here are a 5. The staff is okay , but they could do better. The major problem was that they are to far and that dad took a fall and was hospitalized from the fall. They were just not able to take care of dad the way that they were suppose to. I would not recommend them.

We were looking for another type of community!!

I just did not like the feel of this community. The residents I met were nice they just did not seem happy. They do offer outings at this community. They seem to have plenty of helpful and nice caregivers. The doors are locked and you need to have a code to get in and out. I do not think the residents have this code so they are not able to get out when they would like.

A good place to look at!!

I liked this community during our tour. This clean community was my second choice. The staff I met were nice and they offered daily activities.

Staff very friendly and saw many residents engaging with each other. Lunch looked and smelled delicious. We were considering this option but they called me and informed me that they do not have the SEC license to care for dad's supra-pubic catheter. SO - they had to decline us!

Be careful know your alternatives

If your love one has any memory care or falling issues look elsewhere like a memory care or nursing home. Brookdale has a limited staff to deal with issues and although you may start paying more the staff stays the same they just get more work. You may be told your loved one can stay till they pass unless they need something intravenous but falling issues and others issues can cause them to ask you to move your loved one. They also have a reputation of not allowing residents to return after a hospital stay even when the hospital releases them. Ask yourself what you would do if this happens .One thing to remember is all these places have a community fee so moving around can be expensive

The Tour Was Good

I had a good tour of this community with a good informative guide. He showed my a room and it looked nice. I got to see the whole facility and looked at the courtyard and that too was pretty good. All appeared to look good, clean, and smelled good. In the end I got all the detail and info I needed and even left with a booklet to take home.

Very Satisfied with Brookdale Pensacola!

This has been a great place for my mother. It has been a positive experience, we are very satified. It is an excellent facility, the staff are friendly and competent and they treat the residents very well. It is not the cheapest place, but you get what you pay for. The food is top notch according to my mother. They do exercises. They go on the bus to offsite activities, they have people come in. She enjoys it very much.

Seemed like a lovely community! Only wish they could provide care even as dementia progresses, but they said in those cases the patient is usually moved to a different facility. That was the only draw back though. Cute floor plans and nice court yard! Even had some pets around!

Nice place, overall!

Overall we are pleased with how things have gone at Brookdale Pensacola. It is a nice looking, well kept, clean facility, and the staff have all been very friendly and professional. One suggestion I have for them is that I think their orientation process for new residents and families could be improved, I still felt like we had to find quite a bit out on our own.

After abbreviated tour Saturday, returned today (Monday, April 20th) for meeting with Rob Low. Found this facility to be acceptable. My sister was with me and made no negative comment or refusal to consider. Medium to medium-high costs were good on ala carte services. All 1-bedrm apartments with adequate space with plus of walk-in closet. Security good.

Peace of Mind for Mom and Us

My sister and I are beyond delighted with the care our 97 year mother is receiving at Sterling House in Pensacola Florida.

The management and accounting staff have kept us up to date on the kinds of care available and the administration of her account. The the medical and care giving staff interface with us via e-mail and phone whenever an issue arises concerning her care and comfort.

This is a five star facility and I would recommend it to anyone seeking a safe, clean, warm and caring enviornment for their loved one.

Thanks to a Place for Mom for their referral.

Two loved ones here, two different experiences.

We have two people here. There are two different opinions on how they are doing. One person really likes the activities, and is keeping really active. They just would like to see more fresh salads, and fruits and vegetables. The other person's experience is more of a three. She wasn't able to get the room that she wanted, we knew it wasn't available when we moved in but we thought it sounded like it would be available sooner than it has been. There were some issues with the nurse but those have been addressed. Everyone there is really nice and they are pretty responsive. The biggest issue has been the food, if they offered more fruits and vegetables, it would help a lot.

It's extremely well run. The cleanl...

It's extremely well run. The cleanliness is extremely clean. The staff is always friendly and knowledgeable. Transportation always on time. My mom never complains about maintenance.

They are always on top of maintenance; they fix things promptly.

I'm kind of questioning the documentation. A new nurse, who was by herself. My mother is being watched for certain things. I asked when is the last time my mom used the bathroom, and she didn't know. This is important because she is diabetic, and has issues with constipation. If I come at night when I don't expect it.

Another example is how is her eating habits. No documentation. How much is she eating, what amounts. She is diabetic.

They have loads of activities to do; they keep them very active; nightly activities and outings. They also provide transportation to doctors and shopping.

She complains a little about food quality. For instance, she had a ham and cheese sandwich for dinner for two nights.

She thinks that the rooms are a little bit small. Bedroom is brighter than the living room. They have studios. The living room is smaller than the living room, and darker. My mother switched everything around.

It was really a journey to find a place for my mom. It had the smallest rooms of any place we looked at, but it was more important that they allow animals.

Medical staff always make rounds and always check on my mom.

One thing that concerns me is that the only means for my mother to send for help if she needed it, is a pull string on the wall in each room.

Maintenance is great, and they just remodeled. Everything is up to date. The facility smells clean.

I know my mother is cared for, clean, people are looking out for her. I like it that they are very mindful of procedures to protect the residents. I also like the sense of community there. In general, it is the best place all considered. She gets dialysis three times a week; this is the only place that does that.

Horrible. Seemed dark and p...

Horrible. Seemed dark and people left to die. No atmosphere what so ever.

It wasn't really a good fit for our situation.

It wasn't really a good fit for our situation. My parents are at two separate stages, this was an attempt to keep them together and get the assistance they needed. It didn't quite work that way. We felt they were a little understaffed at times, in particular in the dining area. It was in a very attractive area, and seemed to be well kept. It's bright and has very bright and attractive common areas. I think there are a lot of people that are pretty happy there. You have to be very careful about the level of care that you need going in.

We had to pay for so many little extra things – a lot of them we didn’t even get. For one thing – I really like the chef – I don’t think he was given the order, but my husband needed a diabetic diet and he was never given a diabetic diet. We paid for bathing, but I don’t think he got enough of them. At one point he’d worn the same clothes for eight days.

There When I Needed Them

My mother was living in a retirement community and reached the point that she needed assisted living. I contacted A Place For Mom and they quickly referred to a facility that met all her needs and mine such as price, location and care. I moved her there where she remained until her death. A Place For Mom gave me peace of mind and they couldn't have been nicer. Their personnel are extremely knowledgeable and I highly recommend this agency to anyone needing help for caring for a loved one.

This facility was very nice...

This facility was very nice and clean. The personnel were informative and helpful during the tour.

It was small and more assisted living.

When we went to visit they forgot our appointment, we did still get to look around and see it though. They have called and apologized since then, and do follow up. It was small and more assisted living than what we were looking for.

Couldn't Handle Combativeness

My husband has actually left there. The Sterling House prices were varying as much as $5000 and they started at $2200. His care was getting more severe. When he got a lot worse they couldn't manage him or get him to take a shower. He would be sitting in his own feces. The price was up so high and I had to go there every day. It was really frustrating. They would leave dirty clothes in the room, so I brought laundry home and did it. I know that he got difficult, I realize that, but they didn't make a vested effort to take care of his personal hygiene. When he was up and more aware of himself they were really nice to him but once he got bad, he had to move. There are people there under hospice care, but for some reason, it didn't work out for him.

Overall It's Good

It is fine, just like any place there is complaints, but overall I am very pleased with it. My mother is in the memory care unit and she is doing fine. One of the things that I like is that it appears as if all the residents get along, they communicate with each other, and it seems pretty happy. The staff is good; there are very few that I have issues with. Overall it is pretty good, and the food is good!

Brookdale Pensacola provides assisted living residents with lifestyles, housing, and services in comfortable surroundings combined with exceptional amenities, programs, and care. Through Brookdale’s signature Personalized Assisted Living, we customize our care offerings for the individual. This allows each resident at our community the freedom and opportunity to make choices that will ease their lifestyle transitions. Residents enjoy life with the support they need, coupled with the appropriate accommodations as their needs change.

We promise Respect for Individual Preferences by offering personalized care needs and providing an atmosphere that encourages each assisted living resident to live in health and longevity. We also offer special housing and care options for those who require assistance with the activities of daily living such as dressing, bathing and dispensing of medications. We offer graduated levels of care based upon the individual need of residents, as determined by our continual assessment process. We are dedicated to enriching the lives of residents every day with signature services for those who value their freedom and independence, but desire or need services providing them with the highest level of quality, care, and value.