Proof That Angels Walk Among Us

My father lived at The Ashley Place, and while he was only there for a short while, he was very comfortable. The staff, food, and amenities at Ashley Place are simply wonderful. My Dad loved it. Unfortunately, he was only there for three weeks before being re-hospitalized. Later he needed skilled nursing. He only wanted two things in the end: To go home to Ashleys and drugs to ease his pain. He got both and passed away holding his granddaughter’s hand; a beautiful final chapter. The Ashley Place staff that medicated and cared for my father are indisputable proof that angels walk among us.

The Ashley Place fits the bill!

My loved one's stay at The Ashley Place is going great! The facility is well maintained and the food is good. We also found that the location suited our individual needs. the staff is very receptive to our concerns and requests, and they are sure to resolve these. This facility really fit the bill, in terms of what we were looking for!

Another Option To Consider

During my tours of communities and homes, I got to see this home too. It was clean and not dirty. The residents looked good accept they were mostly sitting and watching TV. It was a great visit but seemed like a lack of interaction for our wants.

plus side: 2800/mo includes everything, including medicine admin. Large place, spoke to resident who was very nice and happy. Lots of activities.
Downside: Dated building, furniture, carpet, dark inside.

Great Value

This facility is really client oriented. My mom's needs are being taken care of . Nice atmosphere and reasonable prices.

Friendly and Nice

They were very, very friendly. They made my mother-in-law feel right at home there. They were so helpful, it was just a very pleasant experience. Everyone we came in to contact with was very, very nice.

Not Good Care for My Elderly Mother

My doctor said that my mother should be bathed at least three times a week, but most of the time she barely got one bath a week. When I put her in there I told them she would need help dressing. She was dressing herself and got no help on that. She did get her pills correctly. I would give that a five. The meds i had no worries about. I put mother in there for two months so that I could liquidate a store. I was going over there so much that I ran myself ragged. It was a horrible experience and after I was done with the store I brought her home with me. I am now looking into home care.

I thought that Ashley place would take care of her, and while I'm in town that was fine. My daughter is graduating from a university this Spring and when I go away I don't trust anyone to take care of her. I don't know what I am going to do.

She was there one month and fell. Then when she pressed the cord, they told her that was for emergencies. Is a fall not an emergency?

Would be fine if person was younger and could walk really well. Just for my mother it did not work out. My mother is 96.

Good, Not Great

My mother-in-law is currently there and my father-in-law used to be there. It was good. I wouldn't go very far past good though. They provide a basic level of care. The people do talk with us if there is an issue that comes up but they're not proactive with communication. We get a bill once a month, that's it. Whenever we need to they'll meet with us and talk with us regarding care.

The place is very institutional looking. There's no real decoration. You could be in the hallway of any part of that place - which is huge - and you wouldn't know were you were. It's all whicker, pictures that are puzzles glued together and plastic flowers. It's not very stimulating. The activities are very few and far between. They're mostly provided by volunteers outside of the community.

Although it's clean and it's well maintained my mother-in-law did have a problem with theft n her room immediately upon moving there. When she let the staff know it magically appeared the next day. It's good that it came back but I still didn't feel really at ease about that.

I would not give them a very high rating on the food. They seem to be serving a lot of pastries and sweets for people who are not so active. I think they really need to address the nutrition there. When they play bingo the prizes are candy bars.

The director is very responsive to our calls if there's an issue. I always get a call back right away.

I was not impressed with th...

I was not impressed with the fact that there were no outings for residents from this community. They provide no transportation at all, which is so unusual for all the 13 places I visited in the last few months. No one ever followed up on my visit.

Great Community

Very happy with them they have worked very well for us and our loved one. The only issue we have is the food there is not very many varieties for someone who can't eat something. They are very friendly and helpful. When it comes to responding to residents needs they do a good job. It is an older building but it is well maintained. The room is compact but with enough room for everything we needed. I would recommend them to anyone.

This place was clean and well staffed...

This place was clean and well staffed. The residents were smiling. Medication supervision and escorting is included in the cost. The rooms were pleasant. Not the "Cadillac" of Chancellor but they were nice. We will probably choose this place.

Wonderful place. The people were smil...

Wonderful place. The people were smiling and visiting and seemed happy...

We are a residential care home that has served Lodi and the surrounding area for over thirty years under the same ownership. Our goal is to keep our residents as independent as possible for as long as possible. Enjoy our exercise program, church functions, parties, musical entertainment, crafts and group fellowship. Come have Sunday dinner seven days a week in our elegant dining room. Our caring staff is here to assists you with the daily activities that you might have difficulty with on your own. Feel secure in the knowledge that our staff is on duty twenty-four hours a day, seven days a week. We look forward to showing you around. Call to schedule a tour.