Home Sweet Home for Elderly - Lathrop, CA

Care for my mom

I am very happy with the care that my mom is receiving from this community. She likes the staff who are very caring to her needs. She is happy with the meals. They have her involved with activities. This community is very clean. We would recommend this community for great care.

Not the right fit...

When we toured the Home Sweet Home for Elderly, I noticed that the place was a private home. The caregiver was very nice, but it was not what we were looking for. The room were very small and there was not enough privacy.

Could use some improvement on memory care!!

I really liked how they have activity time everyday for the residents at this home. My mother also really loved how welcoming everyone treated her and how they included her in everything when she first moved in. The food was also very well prepared and all of the residents had meal time at the same time everyday together. I was a little disappointed in how freaked out the staff was with my mothers memory loss. I ended up having to move her out of this community because of the lack of care they could provide for dementia patients. This is a great place for loved ones as long as they are self sufficient on there own and do not need additional help.

People looked decidedly unhappy. Carpets in bedroom looked worn, bleached, and stained. Home had a fetid smell to it. Proprietor said she won't take a memory-impaired individual, as she's afraid of them: that such an individual might walk away as as there's only one aide/caregiver on at a time, she can't have one person dedicated to keeping an eye on a single individual, and that regulations forbid them from locking all exit doors. Not a place for someone with dementia.

My Moms new home

I would rate more than 5 stars across the board if the continuum went higher. That's how strongly I feel about Home Sweet Home For Elderly in Lathrop. The owner and staff are are so attentive and caring to my Mom. My Mother was not happy about leaving her own home, but at her age she needed better care than I could provide in my home. She seems content and happy in her new home.

They are doing great so far.

They are doing great so far. It's kept very clean, and the staff is friendly. They seem to be doing a good job at giving them a variety of things to do. So far we don't have any complaints. We really liked that it really is a home, not institutional at all. They have a very nice living room and she has her own room, we just really liked the atmosphere.

We really liked them and thought they would work out well.

We really liked them and thought they would work out well. We looked at them but when the time came there was no opening.

Our goal at Home Sweet Home is to provide the highest standard of quality personal care. Your loved ones are free to lead an active, independent lifestyle while receiving assistance they deserve in a dignified and respectful manner. Home Sweet Home is located close to Lathrop Senior Center, parks, medical and dental facilities.