It was really a nice experience.

They were a lifesaver. What impressed me about them, was when I first came to tour. I showed up unannounced, and the place was spotless, it smelled like home cooked food. The residents were sitting like a family watching T.V. in the living room room, not stuck in their rooms. Even though I showed up unannounced, and they were so friendly, and nice, and gave me a tour right away. They were remodeling a room, and it was going to be a week or so before it was done, they pushed it to get it done in two days so we could move in. The owner was wonderful, the only issue we ever had was a language barrier, with some of the staff, but we were able to work out a good way to communicate. You could go 24 hours a day, anytime. and they were always very welcoming and it was always homey feeling. They did a great job. They were right on point with anything I asked them to do. I would recommend them to anyone. It was really a nice experience.

Best thing that every happen to my 93 yr. Mother

Mother was not happy at first, 5/22/14 move in date. Everyone working there are very friendly and helpful to her. She has done a 95% turn around in her health and attitude in the short time she has been there. The other most important is that they follow directions of the Dr. and nurses. Three and a half months in the rehab place she put up with a very bad soar on her tail bone. In three weeks at Alexa it is completely healed due to the care of nurses and the girls working there.
Only complaint is that everyone speaks Spanish and broken English which is hard for her to understand. She is not too happy with the food. I cannot thank A Place For Mom for jumping out at me on the webb page.
Thanks so much.

Need more activities at The Alexa

Most of the staff is very friendly. They keep my love one clean and provide 3 excellent meals a day. We have been disappointed by the lack of activities; when we toured we were told about the 15 to 20 activities they do at The Alexa weekly, but we have not seen these activites. There is more sitting around than we expected. For a daycare facility it is fine; everyone seems to be happy there. There are no RNs on the staff and a doctor visits only once a week.