Sylvan Heights Care Home - Portland, OR

The Home Provides Great Care

My mom is doing pretty good and the caregiver is doing a terrific job. All the caregivers are warm and welcoming. They enjoy what they are doing for the residents. I would recommend them.

They do not offer overnight care. Nice people though.

I couldn't recommend them any higher

Sylvan Heights care home was fabulous. I will say it was not cheap. They didn't take medicaid so I was a little worried about that. Fortunately mom didn't outlive her funds. They gave my mom so much personal care and treated her with such respect. My mother was failing significantly with dementia. The first few months were rough. She was wondering at night. Once things finally settled down she was very happy, content, clean, and always well dressed. They would bring her tea. They would sometimes even buy her things like blankets or socks if she needed them. Magda came to her funeral. Her and her caretaker just loved her. They were very welcoming. I had siblings that were all out of town and they would drop by and that was never an issue. The staff would even bring them tea. It was just wonderful. I couldn't recommend them any higher.

West Sylvan is a wonderful facility for your loved one.

We placed my 93 year old mother into Sylvan Heights Care Home in December 2013. She had been failing mentally quite rapidly and we had to make the move quickly. The staff at Sylvan Heights were very kind and welcoming. My mother had a hard time adjusting for the first couple of months, but the staff were very patient and caring and worked with my mom quite extensively during this difficult time. After my mother adjusted she was very happy there. Although my mother continued to fail mentally and physically she was treated with respect and was always clean and well cared for anytime that we happened to drop by. My mom died in December 2014 and again the staff was wonderful during her last days, not only to my mom but to my entire family. I would highly recommend this facility for care.

Highly recommended

I've known Magda for over 4 years and she is one of the most kind, gentle, respectful and hard working person I ever met! She and her employers are like guardian angels for the residents.
Her best interest is that the residents are provided with the high quality care that they deserve.
Home made food, friendliness of staff creates a truly home like environment.

A Wonderful Home

The staff at Sylvan Heights have been extremely supportive throughout the very difficult transition for my mother into a foster care. They treat her like family and thought my mother's dementia is very significant, she is always treated with dignity and respect. No matter when we drop by (most often unannounced) my mother is clean, groomed and well dressed. It is a wonderful place, which is a comfort during a very difficult time.