Sweetwater Terraces - Duluth, GA

This facility is like a cruise ship

I recommend it all the time to people who are in my situation. My mother in law needed a place of her own that was affordable. They are very affordable. This facility is like a cruise ship. It has a lot of amenities like a luxurious hotel. It also has very high security. The value is excellent. The facility is always clean. There is a great deal of activities. The Sweetwater Terraces is a very nice place.

very helpful

They have been very helpful and have done a good job getting me all set up with everything in a timely manner. It has been a great experience.

It is kind of yucky looking at the back entrance. Not dirty anything, but just bare. It would be nice to have some grass and shrubs back there.

The good and the bad, from an ex-resident.

$825 for a small 1 bedroom apartment, electricity and water included. I don't like the 2 bedrooms apt, the second bedroom is small.
Noise: You can hear everything up, down, and around. Sometimes the noises can be really annoying and late at night.
Cable/Internet: Bad. The new deal is to pay $45 for around 20 channels (it comes to 10, repeated). Internet does not run fast and good all the time. You are obligated to pay $45 for both Cable and Internet, even if you do not use Internet or do not care about cable. It seems good but if you add $45 to the rent is expensive for a retired person.
Laundry; Free, people from outside, family members of the seniors living there use them frequently. You do better bringing your own.
There is nobody in the office on Saturdays. (There is no control of visitors, with the gates broken or open frequently anybody can come in, and the area around is not really great). Some side doors break down often too and the slamming of these doors shake up 3 floors as late as 12am.
The pest control should be obligatory and monthly. (You have to call to have them fumigate once per month, if you don't, you may get roaches of all sizes eventually).
They should have better and more activities for seniors healthy living.

I love it! I

I love it! I want to move in! I think the feeling of safety helped me select this community. My loved one is excited about the movie nights and Keno. Everyone knows everyone and it’s a very inclusive community. This is the first community I looked at and I just fell in love with it.

Though my family was throwing me away...

Though my family was throwing me away,but I've come to really liking it here.The people here including the staff is very friendly and helpful. I feel safe and blessed. If you are looking for a good place to live try it here.You will love it .

I really like it here.

I really like it here. We had our dining hall knocked down, because a pipe burst, and they are fixing the water damage. We only do one meal a month though, we are mainly independent. It's friendly and I feel safe, and there are lots of activities to do with different people. We had a great Christmas party, everybody participated. They have full kitchens in the apartments with walk in closets. It's fixed income, you have to qualify, and they don't go up on your rent, if they do it's very little. They have a cleaning service that you can use, it's pretty reasonable to have them come and clean your house. They have a maintenance guy that will change your light bulbs or fix things. You can have your own washing machine or dryer, or use theirs. You can call in house for free like a hotel, and they have phone booths. We have book club and I really like that. We also have front office help so if you have a package to go out you can just leave it with them at the front desk. They will deliver your groceries too, and there is a produce lady that comes and sells fruits and vegatables really cheap twice a week, and the beautician does our hair for a good price. We have a jacuzzi and hot sauna and an excersise room and a chapel. We have a bible study once a week. They have bingo and other games, wii bowling, they have a puzzle group and Nook and Kindle lessons. It's really innovative here. I really like it.

Problem with activities

My mother was here for 9 months and she liked it, it's nice but they didn't offer any assistance.
Activities: they need more and a little bit more variety.

I loved this place, but they did not ...

I loved this place, but they did not have any 3 bedrooms available. The lady said she would put me on the wait list but I don't think she did.

2 bedroom only 980 sqft, in duluth

2 bedroom only 980 sqft, in duluth

The Director was great, she covered t...

The Director was great, she covered the check list. The rooms were a little to small for me. She explained why. But I can adjust. I like that the utilities are included in the rent. There is no tub in the bathroom, but the hot tub will be great.

#1 pick 3yo facilty...clean, ope...

#1 pick 3yo facilty...clean, open, weight room, spa and sauna on site, 3 different churches conduct bible classes, hair salon/brber on site, ample parking, guest suite avail

I really like this option

I really like this option

Sweetwater Terraces is a brand-new Senior Community in Gwinnett. We offer a luxurious and carefree lifestyle at very affordable rates. You will enjoy 22,000 square feet of community space with an extensive amenities package that surpasses all others. Come and be part of a community who's goal is to enhance the quality of life for our residents by providing services and conveniences that contribute to an independent and comfortable environment. Our beautiful Studio, 1, 2 & 3 Bedroom apartments include: fully-equipped kitchens with electric appliances, full-size washer/dryer connections, spacious closets, emergency call system, private balconies.