Sunrise Senior Living of McCandless - Pittsburgh, PA

My visit

We liked this community when we toured it. The people we met were friendly. The community is nice and they seem to offer some nice activities. This community was unfortunately out of our price range.

We love it!

I feel that they are doing a great job with mom. The whole family feels that this community has brought life back into mom. Mom has become the natural social butterfly since coming here. The staff is very attentive and accommodating to mom.

First Choice

Sunrise of McCandless is not only a very beautiful facility, but first and foremost, the care they offer is outstanding. Excellent care provided as well as excellent, attentive staff to provide that care and support!!

A Caring Community

My mom is getting very nice care from this community. The staff seem to provide the right care for her and she says the meals are fine and looks to be good. I would recommend this community to my close ones.

My Mother Is Doing Wonderful Here

This is an outstanding community. Everything is working very well for my mother here. They are taking very good care of her and her needs. This is lovely community, they do a great job with the cleanliness. They have an excellent staff. There are on going activities daily, many for her to choose from. The meals are delicious, the chef has a private garden on the community. I know she is safe and in good hands here. I would highly recommend this community.

Excellent Care

They are taking very good care of my mother at this facility. They have really gone above and beyond for us. I'am very impressed with this community. They keep the community very well maintained, my mother's room is always clean. The staff is outstanding. They offer nice activities for her when she is ready to participate. The food is fantastic. They offer excellent care. I would recommend it.

prefect place for mom

the place is prefect. I have no complaints about it.

Recommend to Anyone

My mother has been in Sunrise of McCandless for a little over 3 weeks now and we are very pleased and happy with all the staff. They have went out of their way to accommodate my mother's needs and have made her feel at home during this difficult time in her life. I would highly recommend this place to anybody who is concerned about putting their love one in an assisted living. A very trustworthy and caring place.

Caring and fantastic

I couldn't be more pleases for this place for my mom. The staff is excellent, understand, compassionate and helpful. My mom is pleasantly confused on the Alzheimer wing. The staff calls me when there is anything they think I should know about. The food is excellent, the activities are well planned, and when ever I take my mom down to the coffee shop (that's what we call it) on the first floor, she is always greeted by name. Bonnie the receptionist is fantastic, and you could not ask for a better person than Kaycee (In charge of my mom floor). I have nothing but the highest praise for Sunrise Senior Living of McCandless. I hope my kids put me here should the time come.

Gorgeous

gorgeous, resident dog. 3 floors, resident cat on alzheimers floor. Over budget.

Fantastic from start to fin...

Fantastic from start to finish. Very professional staff, everyone friendly and the residents seemed very happy. Facility very clean including the kitchen, great activity list. Hard to look at other facilities after seeing Sunrise.

Stay away

This is a terrible place for a patient with dementia or Alzheimer's. Their staff does not have the proper knowledge to care for people with these conditions. When my loved one was there, she was neglected. She was often found on the ground and was sent to the hospital continuously. The staff did not always update or communicate effectively the conditions of my family member. There are better places for people with dementia where there is round the clock care and the patients rights and needs come first. This place was over priced and some of the staff was very neglectful.

Sunrise Senior Living

Thank you for your feedback. We’re sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience. We care deeply for the well-being and safety of all residents and we welcome you to contact us so we can better understand your concerns. –The Sunrise Team

Sunrise is the worst place a dementia...

Sunrise is the worst place a dementia patient could ever go. My family member was robbed of her money and dignity. She was thrown out when they claimed they could not care for her any longer. This came after they told us she would always be welcome at Sunrise and they would help us in anyway that they could to meet her needs. A closed dementia unit should be able to care for ANY dementia patient that they agree to take. The place smells, people are always screaming, and it is a very stressful place. Some of the staff members were nice to work with, but all of the good staff members who cared about the patients were left go when the new administration took over. What we ended up with were lies and broken promises. If you have a loved one with dementia, STAY CLEAR of SUNRISE! They are dishonest and ONLY care about their money.

Sunrise Senior Living

We’re very sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience in our community. Quality care is our top priority, and we welcome you to contact us so we can better understand your concerns. –The Sunrise Team

Really top notch

Everything at this community was great. It was very nice looking, and clean, it gave me the impression of a luxury hotel. The staff and the residents were all very friendly, and the staff seemed to know everyone by name. They really seemed interested in everyone individually. It was very expensive, but the service they provided for that price looked excellent.

Sunrise Senior Living of McCandless

Sunrise is a new facility. The building and resident rooms are clean and very cheerful. There are many activities planned for each day. The staff is so courteous and helpful. I could not be more pleased with having my mother there.

Wonderful place -- charming...

Wonderful place -- charming and cozy. if you can afford it a great place. Jill was very sweet and helpful.

nice staff, like the campus...

nice staff, like the campus but it smells terrible and not available they have a wiat list

Very lovely place. Met two ladies th...

Very lovely place. Met two ladies that were very comfortable and thrilled to be there till the end. I liked that my husband would be treated during his respite as if he were a resident.

Mom really liked this facility. Very...

Mom really liked this facility. Very homey and they have a special floor for "pre-dementia" patients.

Beautiful facility.