Elmcroft of Allison Park - Allison Park, PA

understaffed

THis is a very pretty facility and the sales agent assured me my mom would get great care. WELL, the staff that work there are all very friendly and nice. I truly like them, BUT they are so understaffed, don't expect your loved one to get the care that the sales rep tells you. 2 aides and 1 med tech every night for 55 patients. My mom uses her call button to have some one help her to the bathroom, but no one every answers her call. So she calls me and I call the office and they in turn tell someone to help my mom. And if it's after 8 pm, forget it. No one answers the phone until maybe ??? 20 minutes later as I am hanging on the phone for someone to answer. But it's not the staff's fault. They have 55 patients to attend to and there are only 3 of them on duty, if that. So think about that.

Nice place. Very friendly people.

My brothers care

This is a nice community for care from brother. The menu for my brother is appealing. The staff is caring and helpful. This is a good environment for him and I like knowing that he is getting the care that is needed. They do offer him activities for him to participate with the other residents. I would recommend this community for the care of a loved one

Megan Strothman

Thank you for the kind review! There is no greater honor than to be trusted with a very special member of your family.

Good Fit for my Mother - Dementia, declining mental ability

The residents here, for the most part, are pretty out of it. This is not a good place for a thriving senior citizen looking for lots of interaction, conversation and activities.

However, it is the right place for my mom. she has advancing dementia and needs a lot of care. The amount of care provided is surprising. She needs to be fed her meals and cannot walk any longer, so she also needs to be changed. The care is good.

There is not one single staff person who is mean or rude. Everyone is kind and helpful. I feel they really care about my mother and I believe she is in good hands.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for your feedback! We are glad to hear you are happy with your mother's care. We work very hard to create the best environment for your loved one.

Reasonably priced

Mom is still adjusting to living at this community. This is a small community. The staff are friendly and have been encouraging her to participate in some of the daily activities. I tried the food once and I thought it was good. They have a courtyard in the back, however I think it could use more seating. The front porch has rocking chairs. The doctor comes once a week. My main issue is that I do not have good communication with him or the staff regarding her care.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for your review! If there is anything we can do, please reach out to the Executive Director. We want to make sure you get all the information regarding your mother's care.

Good Tour

I toured this community for my mother. and her needs. The tour went well. and everyone was kind to my family, and I. The community looked nice, and everything appeared to be clean, and well maintained. The experience went well, but I did find another that suited our needs better.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for your kind words. We are pleased to hear that your experience on the tour went well.

Bad Odor That Lingers Around the Community

I wasn't very impressed with my tour of this community. First thing I noticed was the smell, there is a bad odor that lingers around the community. The community looked clean for the most part. It was a basic community, not very appealing to our taste. It was not the place for us.

Friendly staff, flexible care

Overall our experience with Elmcroft of Allison Park has been a good one. The people here are very warm and caring, and they do a good job taking care of the people who live here. They offer a lot of flexibility in terms of the level of care they're able to provide, as well.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for the kind words! We work very hard to create the best environment possible for our residents!

Small rooms with disappointingly small windows, and only an ok level of maintenance. Very good food and nice people, but the basic accomodations fees are much to high for what’s provided.

Five Stars

All I really have to say about the Elmcroft of Allison Park is that it is overall a solid five - star facility. My loved one is currently residing over there right now and it is a fine place to be I think.

Megan Strothman

The staff is very, very good with the residents

As far as doing well, thy are very, very good with all of the residents. The staff always responds quickly, and when I need something I never have a problem finding someone. to help. I really can't say that I have any complaints.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for your kind words. We are glad to hear you experience is going well. We will pass along your comments to our local management team.

We were very pleased, and we are glad we found it,

We were very pleased, and we are glad we found it, and wish we had found it sooner. The food is good, the caregivers are friendly, and seem like they want to be there, and like their job. Not at all like the last place we were. It's clean here, and there are not smells. It's more expensive than the other one, but worth it.

Megan Strothman

Thank you for the feedback. We are glad to hear your loved one is loving his/her new home! We will pass along your comments to our local management team. Thanks again!

Did not care for facility. Needs renovated.
Marcia was wonderful though. not the place for our mom.

I looked at every place within 10 -15 miles from us and found no other place that had the overall qualities that Elmcroft has. This was the second most important decision I have made in my life and I know it was the right one. I would highly recomend Elmcroft to anyone. Thank you for all yourlp. Ted Diehl

Keep looking

Not impressed at all with the facility. The smell is often poor and patients are sitting around the facility or in front and the cleanliness is lacking. Had a loved one stay here for months and did not like it

It's been a very good experience

It's been a very good experience at the Elmcroft of Allison Park. There has not been any issues or complaints. It's very clean. The staff is very welcoming and helpful. It's an excellent value.

Very Nice

visited 3 yrs ago, very nice but unfortunately they did not have anything that would meet his budget in a private room.

Looked nice, overall!

I toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. I really liked the people here, the residents seemed very happy and were very friendly. The staff seemed very knowledgeable about their job and the care, and were very friendly. Although I did not try the food I did see the menu, and thought that it was a good selection and looked well prepared. I also liked the overall layout of the building, didn't feel that the residents would get lost. It was nicely decorated, overall very clean and well maintained.

Nice place

I've only ever had the chance to visit a few times, as I am located out of state, but they seem to do a great job here overall. The facility itself is neat and clean, and the staff are all very friendly! My loved one seems to be enjoying himself here, and from what I have heard he is liking the food a lot!

It's a wonderful place, She loves it.

It's a wonderful place, She loves it. The staff and everything is wonderful. The food is excellent. Their staff goes above and beyond and keep me informed of what's going on. There really isn't anything I can think of that they could do better or improve on.

Very nice community

We toured this community when we were looking into options for my loved one. This was a very nice looking community, it was very clean, it looked nice, and every seemed very friendly. This would have been my top choice, but we were specifically looking for a community that had a hoyer lift. One very handy service they provided was that at the time of our search my loved ones were in VA and couldn't be here for the search, but Elmcroft was able to conduct their care assessment at one of their facilities in VA which would be applicable here.

It's working out really good.

It's working out really good. Everybody so far has been wonderful. We have nothing to complain about. They have a lot of activities. My mother hasn't complained about the food, she seems satisfied with it. We like the way it's laid out, and it's all on one floor, everything heads to the lunchroom.

There was an odor in some areas.

More for alzheimers/dementia patients and wasn't as clean as the rest of them were. There was an odor in some areas. Most of the people were sitting around not doing anything sitting in the lobby waiting for what I don't know. There wasn't anything going on they said they had planned activities but I never saw anything going on. It was very dark, not light and bright. We weren't even halfway through the interview and I was thinking this is not the place for her. It was even very depressing for me. The gal we interviewed with was very nice and she didnt really look at my mom while we were talking. We didn't really see any interaction between the staff and the residents.

Nice looking place, a great value

This was the community we had decided on for my Mom, although she ended up going down a different path and did not move in here. It's a nice clean place, and the staff were friendly enough. The girl we spoke with from marketing, and who gave us our tour, was very very nice. It could have used more activities, and the staff could be more personable, but over it seems like a very good value. Nice rooms and a good amount of care for the price.

Satisfied

We,re happy with Elmcroft of Alison Park. Very clean and nice rooms. Good Staff very friendly. Easy to get along with. Comfortable and Cozy.

Impressed with their facilities.

Impressed with their facilities.

Elmcroft was a Nice place so far I li...

Elmcroft was a Nice place so far I liked the Layout,ammenities & the Price wasn't Bad!

Have visited and was impressed with t...

Have visited and was impressed with the facilities. At this point it looks like this might be the place for us.

'Very nice. The facility was very cl...

'Very nice. The facility was very clean. No unpleasant smell. Very quiet (but I did get there just at dinner time so most residents were dining. I was impressed. The rooms are large and they seem to accommodate folks making them ''their own''. The only thing that I wasn't so sure about was the staff to resident ratio. And I just don't know what is ''acceptable''. They have 5 aides and a nurse on the daylight shift and then 5 aides on other shifts --- for 66 residents.'

Elmcroft of Allison Park is located approximately 10 miles north of the beautiful city of Pittsburgh, Pennsylvania, home of the Three Rivers. Conveniently located in a quiet and friendly neighborhood in the suburbs of North Hills, Elmcroft is characterized by its ranch style building.