Sunrise of Poland - Poland, OH

Satisfied With This Community

I'am comfortable my mothers move to this community. She is safe, and receiving good care here in this facility. The staff is well, and taking good care of her, and her needs. The community, and her room are nice, and clean when I visit. She is in good hands in this community, and I would recommend it.

It's not what it seems...

When you first walk into the Sunrise, it's a beautiful place. It feels like your on a love boat its os nice. When it comes to the level of care it is another sotry. When we were first going to move my mother in, they promised that they would be able to take care of her. Once she was in, they realized they couldn't handle her, she fell out of bed many times. They are understaffed at night time.

Good so far!

The staff is very accommodating and welcoming to this community. The food is good, my mother enjoys everything on the menu. The place is kept clean. The only thing I feel they could improve on is the staff, I wish they had more staff available but I guess this a common problem in many communities.

Major upgrade!

This place has been great and a lot better than the last place. They are making sure that mom gets up and gets involved with somethings. She also is transitioning well. Some aides are really good and some are bad. For the most part all is going well.

Highly Recommend This Community

This is a good caring community. My wife is being cared for well, and I'am satisfied with her move here. Our experiences have been pretty good. They have nice activities and entertainment available for the residents. The staff is good at listening and resolving my issues. The food is good, they do serve well balanced meals. They have provided me with a peace of mind knowing she is safe and being cared for well.

Dad's Excellent Care

This is a excellent community for my father. The staff is very caring and helpful. the community is very clean. The food is very good and a good variety. Alot of activities are available. This community comes highly recommended for others.

Great environment, friendly staff, secure and caring. Maybe just instruct staff to keep large scales out if way in halls and areas due to some residents almost tripping at times that have challenged balance and may not see them

I would recommend Sunrise of Poland!!

My loved one is doing well since moving into this community. The staff are good even though it sometimes feels like they are understaffed. The food is excellent and they offer a varied menu. The community is clean and she likes it when they have performances by school children and there are plenty of activities to keep her busy.

MOM SEEMS VERY HAPPY AND IS ENJOYING HER NEW FRIENDS.

The dining room experience for the residents could be better. They feel like they sit and wait along time.

Great communication

Their staff is very caring and very loving to both the individuals there and the families. The only improvement I could think of is that my Sister-In-Law does not get WiFi in her room. Great communication.

Overall I am happy with the place.

Overall I am happy with the place. They take good care of her and everyone is friendly there. We are just having a little bit of a communication problem. They do make notes when I call and things like that. It is kind of expensive. The billing can be difficult to understand. They quote one price and then once they get in the price goes up. The food has been very good.

My relative is glad about being here. It feels like home and all the people are nice. There all considerate and not rude or anything. The staff always have a smile on they face and glad to be helping out the elderly.

Billing Needs Improvement

They seem to have their act together most part, billing needs improvement working with a lawyer on that issue. Aunt supposed to be in a double room, so bed needs to be properly installed, rails are showing.

More than we needed. Pleasant residential atmosphere.

Summary of experience

Quoted a lower price, that what we were eventually charged. Activities a little less than advertised. Food quality is good and residents can have snacks if they ask. Staff very friendly and they always have snacks at entrance

Mixed experience

I have been somewhat disappointed with our experience with Sunrise of Poland. The facility itself is nice, and the care staff are friendly, however we've had trouble when it comes to communication with the administration. There have been mix ups regarding supplies, and it often takes days before they return calls.

Sunrise Senior Living

Thank you for your review. Please know that we take all concerns seriously and would like to learn more about your experience with Sunrise. Please email us at Information(at)SunriseSeniorLiving(dot)com so we may learn more. Thank you, Sunrise Team

Review of Sunrise of Poland Alzheimer's / Memory Care in Poland, OH

It was nice, but just did not feel like the fit for my family. Maybe it was a little to heavy in the decor and my mom wants one floor. But the staff was really nice.

Such a blessing!

My father is a resident of the Reminiscence Neighborhood at Sunrise of Poland. The staff has been wonderful, treating my father with respect and tending to his personal needs, which are many.

Dad says that the food is good and that he has never lived in such nice surroundings and he enjoys the activities.

Whenever anything has come up I have been notified immediately and the peace of mind that comes with knowing they are so attentive is a huge weight off of our family.

I think they are doing a very, very good job.

I think they are doing a very, very good job. I haven't heard any complaints so far, and our loved one seems to be content. Everything is working well.

The best by far we looked at

Everyone from top to bottom were friendly and professional and also seemed very sincere. I couldn't imagine a better atmosphere for people at that stage of their life.

OMG what a fabulous place the Directo...

OMG what a fabulous place the Director was very nice and has invited us back for supper. This was the first place we looked at, I was very impressed.

everyone was friendly, place was spo...

everyone was friendly, place was spotless. Has an ice cream parlor.

This was a 2 story building with a la...

This was a 2 story building with a large entrance area with the dining room, an icecream shop, etc. The director was our guide and she used to work in the Media department of a University and lived in Struthers. They had a sitting room called the Library attached to an Atrium that had birds and nests in it. Everywhere had old fashioned looking lace table clothes. It overlooked a pretty outdoor area with walks and flowers. The front porch had rocking charis. My Mom did not like the fact they had wine and cheese tasting and beer and brats since she is a non-drinker.