Juniper Village at The Shenango Inn - Sharon, PA

It takes a Village...and Juniper is IT!!

I cannot say enough nice things about the entire staff at Juniper Village. The facility is a little dated; however, I think that is what adds to the comfort and coziness for many senior residents. They have that "HOME" feeling.

From the time I took mom to tour Juniper, she felt at ease
and comfortable in the surroundings. She was able to meet many caring individuals and even hooked up with her best friend from years gone by.

From one-on-one care to multi disciplinary meetings to
nurses dispensing meds, moms needs were met from day one. She enjoys the activities, has her room set up similar to her living room at home, enjoys the meals in the dining room, and meeting new friends....and knows there is always a helping hand close by. She feels safe...and that is what everyone should want for their loved one!!

Juniper Communities

Paula, thank you so much for this wonderfully heartfelt review and high star rating. We appreciate you pointing out the home-like atmosphere of our community. Being a former country inn we definitely have that type of feel, and it's not surprising that your mother connecting with some of her old friends. That happens often! Many of our residents have very fond memories of The Shenango Inn - from weddings and anniversary dinners, to special birthday parties and proms - The Shenango Inn is a constant reminder of happy times.Thanks again for your recommendation. Have a great day!

nice, comfortable living

I have toured this facility and would love for my in laws to move in, however they are just not ready to make the move from their house. When they are ready, we hope this is where they will choose because it is close to our home, which will make visiting easy and we can bring our dog up for visits. We also were impressed at the employees, friendly and seem to have been working there for a long time which is always a plus in my book.

Juniper Communities

Lori, we are so pleased you enjoyed your visit to Juniper Village at The Shenango Inn! If you ever need anything else from us, please feel free to give us a call or stop by. We also hope that your in laws choose us, and are ready to help however we can. Have an awesome day!

A nice community

This community is an old hotel that they have converted into a senior community. The staff have been helpful, encouraging and understanding. The residents are friendly. Mom has not complained about the food. They have a nice outdoor porch for the residents to enjoy. This is a relaxed community and I would recommend it.

Juniper Communities

Hi, thank you for your kind review; we are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at Juniper Village at The Shenango Inn! Your recommendation means so much to us and we're so happy to have earned it. Thank you again for taking the time to let the world know about your positive experience. Have a great day!

Lovely building full of charm and history

It is a lovely older building that is full of charm and history. I toured about a month ago and was very impressed at the price and care mom could receive. When it is time to move mom in, this is where we will move her. [Removed] was very knowledgeable and caring, and gave a great tour. I appreciate that she was not pushy, like some of the other places I toured, as this is a difficult decision for my family to make.

Juniper Village was gracious to take my father in at the last minute when I had to go out of state. He was there for three (3) days and I was worry free while I was gone. I gave them a 5 star rating. Thank you Juniper Village for taking good care of him and for giving me peace of mind.

Juniper Communities

Linda Mihalcin, we are very happy we could provide you with a positive experience! We are always more than happy to assist you if anything else comes up. Take care!

Review of Juniper Village at the Shenango Inn - Sharon, PA

The staff, administration, and culinary department are all exceptional! I have visited many facilities, and this staff goes above and beyond assisting the resident and family with all concerns. I feel blessed to have found this facility.

Juniper Communities

Thank you Sid, we appreciate your recommendation.

The historic Shenango Inn is a comfortable Home for The Elderly

Juniper Village at The Shenango Inn is an historical hotel that was known for being one of the best back in the day. Today, The Inn is now a comfortable home for the elderly of the Shenango Valley. My Dad had lived there for 4 years. The Staff is warm, friendly and competent. Most importantly, since none of us live close by, the Staff keeps me informed. I could list multiple people who make sure Dad is well taken care of from Mary [removed], to Tim the custodian, to the Chef, the aides, the front desk staff (Pat, Patty, Lorraine...)Tabitha, Sharon , Meg, Mary... Everyone knows Dad and knows when to let me know if something is wrong. They treat him with respect and honor his dignity. They listen to him which is so important. I'm grateful that we found a place where Dad feels welcomed and cared for. He wanted to be in The Valley where he lived all of his life. His 5 children are scattered across the States. It was a dilemma that Juniper Village at The Shenango Inn helped solve.

Juniper Communities

Thank you MJ for sharing your insight and observations of Juniper Village at The Shenango Inn with others. Our residents and families have many wonderful memories of The Shenango Inn and we are very proud of the history and memories our personal care community evokes. In addition to our comfortable environment we pride ourselves on our open communication and excellent staff and appreciate you noticing that as well. Your recommendation means the world to us. We feel thankful to have provided a welcoming, caring home for your father and solution to your family.

Very pleased with the care mom recieves

My mother has been at Juniper Village for three years now and I couldn't be more pleased with her care. Everyone treats us like family, which has been very comforting. We know she is safe now. She enjoys playing bingo everyday down in the activity room. Kathy does a good job there.

Juniper Communities

Peace of mind is so important when considering a new home for your parent. We are so pleased that we are able to provide this for you. We're happy to have you as part of the family. Thank you for referring us to others who need exemplary care for their parent or other loved one.

Things are going pretty well...

Things are going pretty well, I wish we could have a video camera in there, but they don't allow that. I'm happy with the place. The food is nasty. We've had two dinners up there and we didn't care for it at all. I'm thinking do they give this to her every day. They do have an alternative is she doesn't like what their serving but you have to put it in before and she doesn't know to do that. Parking could be improved a little. It's alright but if it gets busy on weekends it can be hard to find a good spot. They could use more staff, the communication is good.

Juniper Communities

Thank you for taking the time to provide this 5-star rating. We would certainly love the opportunity to address your concerns and always maintain an open door policy. Please feel free to share with us your specific concerns and we will be happy to remedy the situation however possible. I'm sure you can understand that respecting our resident's privacy is our utmost concern. Therefore, we do not allow residents to be videotaped without their consent. We would love to learn, specifically, what your thoughts are on improving the food. As you mentioned, we always have alternatives available and work with residents to understand their food preferences and help them to make appropriate choices. We appreciate your excellent rating and truly welcome the opportunity to improve where needed.

Juniper Village at the Shenango Inn is a warm and comfortable home to approximately 100 residents. We nurture the spirit of life in each individual through our distinctive senior living programs that encourage active bodies, engaged minds and fulfilled spirits.

At Juniper Village at the Shenango Inn, we believe that the keys to healthy aging are keeping fit and staying socially connected. Our personal care community features a wide variety of both cozy and spacious private and semi-private rooms, each with private bath, to accommodate a variety of budgets. Once a renowned country inn which hosted the likes of John F. Kennedy, the Inn has recently been renovated and maintains its historic splendor. Enjoy our beautiful fireplace room, spacious activities area, private family dining room and several living rooms.