This is our first choice. If she meets assessment criteria she will be moved here

A community tour for mom

We toured this community for the care for my mom. The community was clean and maintained. They did not have a lot of walking. They had a list of activities that would have been helpful. We liked the staff who were kind and helpful for the questions on the care that is offered. We would recommend that other families tour this community for the care needed for a loved one.

The Executive Director was very kind and helpful. I liked the layout of the apartments. We are considering this option.

pretty happy

Sunnybrook Village is very homey. The staff is really good at handling a difficult transition. They promote a welcoming group among the residents. They really helped mom integrate. The only thing that would help make everything a five is to have a better range of activities. I would like to see them do more with their activity schedule. For example they tried to have pets there periodically but couldn't always pull that together. I would also like to see some more crafts or recreational activities. But it has made a very difficult situation doable. I am pretty happy with this facility.

No Longer Family owned

Our mother moved in 3 years ago when Rich Emery owned it -but a year ago they sold it to travel and it has been a constant fight for basics. The new managers charge extra the for everything when the cost has gone up and NO Family values. The website has not been changed and still a year later list it as family run.
They charge for basic Cable with no other options, the emergency nurse call does not work.

Awesome facility. great st...

Awesome facility. great staff, would definately consider as an option if the time comes.

This is beautiful inside. Very tastef...

This is beautiful inside. Very tastefully decorated. Very nice lunch overlooking what would be pond in the summer time. They have basement level area that has lots to offer for services and recreation. I saw a 2 bedroom apartment. Nice lay out. I thought this place was more expensive then I would like to pay and therefore I am removing it from my "list". I would give this place a 4.

We had a very nice tour. Pretty facil...

We had a very nice tour. Pretty facility.

This was beautiful and new. Had some...

This was beautiful and new. Had some wonderful features.

Sunnybrook Village is Midcoast Maine’s newest and Brunswick’s largest privately owned Retirement and Assisted Living Community. The Village is owned and operated by Rick and Shuree Emery, a Maine family with many years of experience in caring for the unique expectations and needs of today’s seniors. What makes Sunnybrook Village different from other retirement and assisted living communities is our family philosophy, “Treat all people with the respect they deserve and the special attention they need.” “Distinctive Living perhaps best describes the gracious atmosphere that a family-run “owner in the store” personalized management style can provide. It is this philosophy of “family care” which we believe separates us fro other providers. Sunnybrook Village has 51 suites – studio, one-bedroom and two-bedroom. It also has a lot of beautiful common areas such as: fireplace sitting areas, parlor with grand piano, library, chapel, ice cream parlor, wellness center, barber/beauty shop, whirlpool and massage room, indoor courtyard, Town Hall with fireplace, games, puzzles and big screen TV, private lockable storage units, and walking paths. Come and enjoy the experience of carefree living in the comfort of your own apartment over-looking our beautiful 3-acre pond. It is here where you can sit on your own balcony and share the company of friends and neighbors. Choosing a new home is more than simply finding the perfect house or neighborhood. It is about finding a place where you are comfortable, safe and secure. A place where you belong. A place where a helping hand is always available when you need one.