The Rutherford Memory Care - Murfreesboro, TN

Very secure. Set up is in 4 pods. Activities were going on, and residents seemed happy and staff seamed attentive. The downfall is the dinginess of the entire unit. The respite room smelled musty, and carpet clearly was soiled. Also, had a hotel style a/c unit which was smelly. I actually broke down and cried as I know that this will be a place I will eventually have to place my mom. In summary, I gave 3 stars for the staff, but was not impressed with the building at all.

My place for Mom is Sunnington

This is by far the hardest thing I have ever had to do. My Mom has dementia and she needed additional care. I looked around and checked out other facilities in my area and so many things made Sunnington my place for Mom! She has really adjusted well and is enjoying everything. She loves the food the staff and the fact that everything is taken care of for her has made her more relaxed and she is really happy and proud to live there. When her old neighbors or any family comes to visit she loves to show them around.
I can't thank you enough for your help when I really needed someone to talk to and guide me in the right direction.
My prayers are with all the family's that will be going through this same process.

Terri Deal

We loved having your mom with us and we miss her every day! Please come by to visit when you can.

The Rutherford Memory Care is an assisted living facility that cares exclusively for those with Alzheimer's disease and other memory impairments. This community is tailored to meet the individual needs of those suffering from a memory-impairment. The community is uniquely designed to accommodate 32 residents.The facility offers private and semi-private suites. The physical design features of The Rutherford Memory Care support the functioning of the memory -impaired residents. The floor plan is a residential design, small in scale and organized into four self-contained 'houses" connected to the indoor courtyard. Each house contains 8 rooms with it's own dining room, kitchen area and living room. The plan provides a relaxed, homelike environment. The community promotes independence while providing a supervised and secure environment for those who require special care.