Brookdale Salem AL - Salem, OH

Good Location

My dad seems to be settling in well here. From what I understand he is slowly making friends and doing some activities here. The staff so far has been very friendly and nice helpful when needed. Dad is a picky eater he says the food is passable. The location of this community was better than the other community we looked at so we chose this one.

Looks good so far

Mom is adjusting well to living at this community. She has made friends. They have an ice cream room we visit when I am there. The community is very clean and they allow pets. The food is ok and they do offer daily activities. I would recommend taking a look at this community to see if it would work for your loved one.

Family Pleased With This Community

My family is very satisfied with our parents move to this community. They are doing very well, and really enjoying their time in this community. We know they are in great hands, and safe. They have a wonderful head nurse, and great head director. The community is very clean when we visit. The meals are okay, but they do have plenty of activities available for the residents. We are very pleased with this community, and we recommend it.

Very Satisfied with this Community

We are very pleased with my parents move to this community. My parents are doing very well, and I'am satisfied with all they have done for us. They are safe, and good hands. They have a great staff at this facility. They have nice meals, and good activities available for the residents. My parents have gotten involved in a few of the activities they offer. We have already recommended this community to my friends. One of them is moving into the community tomorrow.

Pricey, But A Good Job Overall

Both my parents had broken bones at the same time, so it was the right place for them at the right time for recovery. Overall they are doing a good job for what we wanted them to do. They aren't going to stay when they get better, because the monthly cost doubled, which was unforeseen. Just a little bit disappointed in the pricing.

They were extra accommodating when my...

They were extra accommodating when my 93 year old Mother was unable to remain at another Assisted Living facility because she needed "double assist" when her leg had some issues and was determined it should be non weight bearing for a time period.
My Mother was sent away from one facility and had to find another facility in a very short period of time and Kimberly Bland was willing on a weekend to help out our family and assure us we could move her to Sterling House.

This place was all one floor and had ...

This place was all one floor and had a courtyard in the middle and the halls went in a circle around it. The inside units had patios on the courtyard. They let residents put items on the menu that they were hungry for and it became one of the meals. They had a "short stay" unit that could be used for $100/day to see if you liked it. They had condos for visitors that could be rented. Also had independent living. We liked this one the best.

Sterling House is an assisted living residence that provides housing and assistance to older adults who want to retain their independence while receiving the daily support they need. The intimate setting for those with limited mobility, as well as specialized programming, help residents maximize independence and quality of life. Residents receive the personal assistance and support they need in a warm and comfortable environment, while enjoying private apartments, companionship and life enrichment programs. A 24-hour staff caters to each resident’s individual needs. Services offered at Sterling House include assistance with personal care, three meals and snacks each day, laundry, housekeeping, medication assistance and life enrichment programs.

Special Features
- Intimate setting provides access for individuals with limited mobility
- Emergency response system in each resident’s room
- Outdoor amenities include patios, raised gardening beds, and walking paths
- Furnishings, window and wall treatments are carefully selected