My Dad Loves It Here

My Father hss been a rrsident at St. Mary of the Woods for almost 10 years. He started in Independent Living. Two years ago he had a stroke and needed the nursing services. The nursing and therapy team did a great job helping him recover. Unfortunately he could not return to Independent Living. He is now in Assisted Living and doing very well. I highly recommend St. Marys!

Tracey Murphy

Thank you so much for taking the time to share your experience at St. Mary of the Woods. We are happy to hear that all of our care levels have met your Dad's needs during his residency with us.

BEWARE!!!!

Beware! This place cares about revenue first rather tram providing assisted living care especially as your parent needs more assistance over time The management of this facility will kick out your parent if they deem they require too much work . Of course they can make more revenue from new incoming more mobile residents at a higher rent rate than longer term existing residents. The prior review was almost like reading my parent's exact treatment. Shocking and terrible treatment of my parent after spending years there.
My parent was kicked out and we had to find another place without even 30 days notice. My parent has not done well since which is highly driven by the shock of the move . Terrible and shocking treatment of my parent and very unethical treatment all around from the Director . The Director has no problem lying ..BEWARE Absolutely stay away!!!

Tracey Murphy

Thank you for taking the time to post a review about our facility. Your feedback is important to us. We would like the opportunity to discuss your concerns in greater detail. Please feel free to contact us via our corporation’s customer service hotline, [removed].

Lack of compassion/Unprofessional conduct

My father was at St. Mary's for 4 years. Two months ago, the assisted living manager launched a vendetta to get my dad out of the facility. My dad was well loved and a problem-free resident-always appreciative to care givers and residents.

On two occasions in one week after returning from a visit from the hospital in Feb. 2017 my dad required extra help transferring to his bed. They were isolated incidents related to his weakened state from being in the hospital and my dad sprung back and required no additional help. My dad was deemed to be transferring from his wheelchair to bed with minimal assistance by the rehabilitation staff at St. Mary"s and this was reported to the director.

The administration went to great trouble to find other reasons for my dad to leave the facility. Citing that his heath had weakened and he needed more help.

The news that he needed to leave was delivered unprofessionally to my dad and meetings re his health were conducted in public hallways, and at the dinner table with other residents present. We felt like we were railroaded out and helpless.

The family was put in a great deal of stress and my father was very saddened and distressed that he had to move to another facility due to two isolated incidents.

We found another facility. This facility has absolutely no concerns about my dad's ability to transfer to the bed from his wheelchair. The reason given by St. Mary's was totally refuted by the new facility.

My dad has been very depressed since the move and misses his friends at St. Mary's. This incident should be a warning to any one considering placing a loved one there.

There is lack of compassion and those in charge can have private vendettas in place re residents.

Tracey Murphy

Take a deep breath and imagine what your everyday life could be if you eliminate having to prepare and cook three meals a day and significantly reduce your housekeeping duties. How would you like being able to walk to Mass, a fine restaurant, bistro café, health and fitness center, beauty salon, library and business center with computer access, and to participate in our life enrichment programs and activities which enrich and empower those who reside at St. Mary of the Woods? What would it mean to your schedule if you only had to write only a couple checks for bills each month? Imagine the end of home-maintenance repairs and chores.

You’re probably thinking about all the ways your lifestyle would improve as a result of moving to St. Mary of the Woods. Here, you’ll have ample leisure time for ease and relaxation. Come enjoy your spare time and learn new skills, meet new neighbors, socialize with friends, develop your hobbies and improve your health and spiritual well-being. Has there ever been something you’ve always wanted to do but haven’t had the time to do yet? We’ll provide you with the time to do it at St. Mary of the Woods.

Residing on 23 wooded acres in the Heart of Avon, Ohio's French Creek District, St. Mary of the Woods offers luxurious one- and two-bedroom apartments as well as lifestyle options that offer care assistance, including assisted living, as well as, skilled nursing and rehabilitation Additionally the onsite rehabilitation clinic offers outpatient physical, occupational and speech therapies and state-of-the-art programs.