St. Andrews Memory Care - Portland, OR

Getting the right support and care for Alzheimer’s disease or other forms of dementia can help you and your family successfully face the challenges of memory impairment. St. Andrews focuses on care and programs that help our residents cope—even thrive—while managing the issues of dementia.

Programs: Our programs are based on the latest methods for overcoming the challenges of memory loss to live a full, healthy, and meaningful life. We create an atmosphere of respect, dignity, and caring to help residents deal with both cognitive and physical impairments.

Staff: We have a passion for caring. Our professional nursing staff are specially trained to address the health and well-being issues of dementia. Staff members are dedicated to the comfort, life enrichment, and genuine happiness of all our residents and to giving support and assistance to their loved ones. We begin with getting to know the life history of each resident. A tailored care and support program is then developed in collaboration with the resident, family, and personal physician.

Support for families: We welcome friends and families to come to our monthly Education and Support meetings. There is much we can do, with our training and expertise, to help you and your family with the physical and emotional pressures of dementia.

Security and peace of mind: Several levels of security are available, from hourly support to 24-hour security with magnetic doors. Each floor is secured, and all entrances and exits are alarmed. Residents can enjoy spectacular views of the nearby mountains from our secure courtyards and gardens with year-round walking paths.

AMENITIES AVAILABLE
• Guest meals
NO SMOKING

• Full-time Activity Director
  • Outside Patio Garden
  • Full Schedule of Trips, Events and Activities!
  • Recreational & Social Activities
  • Specializing in Alzheimer
  • Social, cultural and educational life enrichment programs
  • Nutritious snacks available throughout the day
  • 24-hour Emergency Call Response
  • Medication Reminders
  • Toileting & Incontinence Care
  • Mobility Assistance
  • Bathing, Grooming, Hygiene

The site is gorgeous and unique! The admissions team is very organized and thorough. Lots of amenities and activities available.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your positive review! We appreciate the kind words and agree with you! We are very proud of our community and the level of care we provide! We have a great staff and genuinely care for all our residents, and it shows. Please feel free to reach out at any time to us at any time with any and all questions and concerns; we are always here for you and your family.

Review of St. Andrews Memory Care - Portland, OR

My loved one is in year 3 of residence.
-[The] staff has changed constantly in that time, even in management.
-Aides with languages barriers often the case.
-Facility not kept clean enough
-Miscommunication often on [the] care of patient and staff knowing what is going on w/patient care notes.
-Still, my loved one wants to be there.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your review. We have done a comprehensive senior living study and found that our rates are right in line with the competitors. In fact, we found that we are a better value with more programs and options. We value our residents and families and appreciating you sharing your comments. Here at St. Andrews Memory Care, we are always looking for ways to improve; we appreciate your input. If you would be willing, we would like to have you contact our manager [removed] to discuss ways we can better serve you and your loved one in the future.

Review of St. Andrews Memory Care - Portland, OR

The concierge of the community greeted me very pleasantly & provided me with a drink and cookies!

Pacifica Senior Living

Hi, thank you for your kind review; we are happy to pass along your comments to the team here at St. Andrews Memory Care! We are always more than happy to assist you if anything comes up. Take care!

As time goes by, family members and friends drift away. God bless our loved ones and those at St. Andrews who take care of them with the respect and compassion they would give their own family members. I am always treated the same way when I visit my husband there. The caregivers have become family to me & my husband. One young caregivers said "I think of the residents as my own grandparents. I care about them."

Pacifica Senior Living

Hi, we are so pleased you enjoyed your visit to St. Andrews Memory Care!

The changes are great. 4th floor is great. It's a beautiful facility. Can't beat the surroundings. Have some really good staff here are really good and really compassionate. Great food. Good cooks here. That's one thing that impressed right off.

Pacifica Senior Living

Hi, thanks for your praise and kind comments about our community. Thanks again for the recommendation, and have an amazing day!

My Thought Of The Tour!

I liked this community when we took our tour. The staff I met were nice and they did offer daily activities. Unfortunately, they did not offer the amount of staffing in the memory care unit that I was looking for.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for reaching out, your opinion is very important to us. Thank you for your consideration, we hope that you find the community that best fits your needs. Please feel free to contact with any and all questions, [removed].

Staff Could Use Improvement!!

The community overall has been okay. The staff has been taking good care of my loved one. The only problem we have had so far is, one night my loved one had an episode where she had to be taken to the hospital, and the new staff did not know the code to the elevator. The place is kept clean and well maintained, the room my loved one is in is comfortable, always clean garbage is always empty and the hallways leading up to her room is clean ad well. The meals look good, they start off small and when the residents finish, they could ask for more food. The staff, from what I've seen, is very encouraging with activities.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for sharing this detailed review about your experience with our community. The Executive Director and Regional Director have taken the necessary steps to assure that the incident with the elevator will not happen again. We are continuing to make improvements and updates to the community and appreciate you reaching out. Please feel free to contact us at the community with any and all questions in the future.

My Sister and her stay at St. Andrews

My sister was well taken care of in her brief stay at St Andrews. The head staff helped her and even walked several floors with her when she didn't eat or even come to the table. It was difficult to get my sister to do anything - clean her teeth, etc and the staff rightly let this go as it would have brought on an "episode" of anger.
The place was clean, the food good and the staff caring. Visiting hours were generous for Colleen's family.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your positive review! We are very proud of our beautiful community, fantastic staff and memory care program. We understand what a large decision this is for families and thank you for trusting us, we enjoy what we do and it shows. Thank you again!

We made a good choice!

My father was there for only a month before he passed. He was cared for very well, even though he was very contrary.
The caregivers treated him and us like family, we felt he was safe with them 24/7. Where my wife and I couldn't give him all the care he required as well as keep him safe.
Our family has no reservations about having Dad at St. Andrews.

Pacifica Senior Living

We send our deepest condolences on the passing of your father. We thank you for your review and send our love and prayers to you and your family. We truly appreciate your kind words.

everything is run really well

At St. Andrews Memory Care everything is run really well. Since it was just a 20 day stay it is hard to get a grasp on everything. But as far as I know everything was great and I was really pleased with this facility.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your positive review! We are so pleased that you are happy and that you enjoyed your stay here with us! We appreciate the kind words and agree with you! We are very proud of our community and the level of care we provide! We have a great staff and genuinely care for all our residents, and it shows.

The Worst Experience Ever

There sales pitch was good everything seemed to be fine. My dad was there for less than six days they tried to over sedate and took upon themselves to change his medicine. The heat in the facility was so high that it made him sleep if they didn't think we were coming.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your review. We are sorry to hear that you did not have a positive experience. We value our residents and families and appreciating you sharing your comments. We wanted to let you know that we are constantly striving to improve our programs and activities for our residents. We want our residents to feel cared for, engaged and to enjoy life. We are sorry to see you go, and hope that you and your father are happy in the community you choose.

McKenzie was great to speak with and seemed to really understand our concerns about my mom. She showed us some of the residents' rooms which were very nice. Simple but with lots of natural light and they felt cozy. The outdoor space is very nice here which is important to us. The common areas were definitely more homey and less institutional-feeling than some. The old monastery building provides a great space with lots of interesting details. I'm still not sure if this is the right fit for my mom but it's getting closer to what I've been hoping to find.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your positive review and for mentioning McKenzie! We are so pleased that you are happy. We appreciate the kind words and agree with you! The grounds here at St. Andrews are incredibly beautiful and everyone enjoys them. We are very proud of our community and memory care program. We recently started a Facebook page and post weekly pictures of our residents and their interesting activities. (The link to the Facebook page is on our website). If you want to see the activities they are engaging in it is a great way to stay involved. We are here to make sure that you and your families are happy. Please feel free to reach out at any time to share your thoughts. We thank you for considering us and hope to see you again soon.

Meet with Charity she was h...

Meet with Charity she was helpful and caring.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your positive review! We appreciate it!

Small Community with a Family Feel

My mom is settling in pretty good. It's a smaller community. It has a more family feel than some of the other places we saw. They have a chapel in it which I thought was awesome. I think that will be a good source of strength for my mom. The provide meals. She likes the food and is gaining weight which is great. The place could use an update. It's a fairly old building but all in all it's very nice. We like it.

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your positive review! St. Andrews is an incredible, historically poignant building with a remarkable story. We are about to start renovations while preserving the historic charm of the grounds and the interior character. We appreciate your feedback and welcome you to to reach out at any time to us at any time with any and all questions.

1 to 8 caregiver ratio. Offers a medi...

1 to 8 caregiver ratio. Offers a medicaid guarantee. Dementia care facility can take mom right away...

Pacifica Senior Living

Thank you for your positive review!