Spyglass Senior Villa 1 - Oakley, CA

This facility appears efficiently run. The facility owner arrived from off site at our agreed upon appointment time. She was gracious and accommodating and open about her facility. Her caregivers are a husband & wife team who live on site to care for your loved one's needs. No residents were out and about so I wasn't able to determine if residents are happy living there. They were all in their rooms and not to be disturbed. I would need to visit again (spend more time) to see how meals and care giving are handled. My first impression would be a quiet restful do not disturb facility. If your loved one needs no social interaction this facility might be a fit for them. Very hard to judge without spending more time visiting the facility and actually meeting residents and observing meals and seeing care giving in action.

I went on a tour here

I went on a tour and the staff was nice and friendly. They answered all of my questions. It was nice and clean. But we got totally turned off because there were no residents in the hall or any kind of movement or activities. They said they like to stay in the rooms. I would tell families to do good research before choosing.

Aesthetically pleasing

I chose this facility for my Mother because it was appointed very nicely. It was aesthetically pleasing and all of the staff members seemed to be nice and helpful. The upkeep of the building was good and was above average. However, the food was sometimes hit or miss. I would recommend this community to other families.

Spyglass Senior Villa 1 is located in Oakley, CA and provides an assisted living facility in a small home type setting. We proudly provide the best daily care for your family member or loved one that meets the specific needs they have. Our caring compassionate well-trained staff will provide immediate attention to the residents need. We welcome your loved one or family member to visit the facility to explore what we have to offer. We offer spacious comfortable and private rooms for our senior citizen residents while providing the security they need. Housekeeping, linen and laundry service is provided by our loving staff who will develop a relationship with your loved one. We will monitor and remind the residents of their medication schedule and arrange transportation to any doctor's visits required. Our staff will keep in close communication with you and any doctors to ensure the best care possible. We are located in a close proximity to a hospital, senior center, and churches to allow your loved one to stay connected with others. We schedule regular activities for the resident to socialize and build connections to other residents and nearby individuals. We also transport residents to local outings to enhance their daily experiences including concerts, gardening, fruit picking and movies. The way our facility is designed to make our residents feel right at home so the transition to assisted living is not such a difficult one. We select each of our facilities based on the safety of the neighborhood and the ability to offer a beautiful landscaped backyard for the residents.