Spring Meadows Summit - Summit, NJ

[name removed] was very helpful during my search for assited living for my father. She went out of her way to help me with so many things even after she knew that Dad needed a higher level of care than he could receive at Spring Meadows. I only wish I could have had Dad live there

My sister is doing okay since moving there, in fact, she is doing so well she is going to move back to living on her own. in a couple of months. She likes the staff here and is getting good physical therapy. She is really enjoying the food.

Everything is going fine!!

i have no complaints of how things are going for my mother since she made the move into this community. The staff have all been wonderful to work with and I am comfortable with the quality of care she has been receiving. I like the open floor plan as well as many of the great amenities they have provided for the residents. Overall it has been a great place for my mom and I would recommend it to anyone interested,

Not A Caring Staff

We did not have a good experience in this community. I would not recommend this community to anybody. The staff was not nice, and did not do a good job caring for my loved one, and her needs. It was a disappointing experience overall.

Had To Come Back To The Facility

They are wonderful and we used them 8 years ago for my dad. It is a small community but they still had caregivers from 8 years ago. The nurse had helped me greatly and they go over and beyond to get him back to the way he was. They influence activities rather than sitting in their rooms. The staff know us and can always tell us where he is at when visiting. Within 2 weeks they contacted me and told me that he does not need the level of care we are paying for. The cost was cut down in half and they have been working with us. I would recommend my friends to them.

To Dark for us!

I really enjoyed the tour at this community. The people and the residents were super friendly and helpful on the tour. All of the staff tried so hard to make things work for us. The reason we did not go forward was that the building was dark and small. The people just weren't active.

accomodating and concerned with the consumers well being

Studios are small but updated !!

Our tour was detailed and very inviting, The staff was pleasant and gave us a warm welcome into there community. The studios where updated with new furniture but where a little too small for my loved ones liking.

Great home for loved one!

The Spring Meadows Summit is a very nice community. It is really well kept and clean throughout. My loved one is enjoying the transition to the Spring Meadows. We are very satisfied with the care that the staff have been providing to my loved one. I would like to see the staff keep more of a watchful eye to medical care. When funds run out they do not guarantee a bed for our loved one.

A Great Community With Great Staff

I really like living at this community. It is always clean and smells so fresh. The food is properly cooked, meat is actually real! The staff are all wonderful and do what they are supposed to do. In one scenario, I had to get surgery and was directed not to move around, and the staff brought my food with no attitude and waited on me foot-and-hand. I even got balloons and a visit from the manager while in the hospital. I also like that there is always 2 RN's and the director of nursing is available if needed. The owner seems to know what she is doing and I do not get the feeling she is cutting corners. I would recommend this community!

Safe and Friendly Environment

My parent has not been a resident for very long at Spring Meadows Summit but so far, the staff has been friendly and attentive to all request made of them.
Over all the residence is clean but it is time to replace the hall carpets since it is looking rather worn out. Housekeeping is responsive to any concerns and keeps the public areas of the facility very clean.
So far there are many activities, indoors as well as field trips to keep the seniors busy and the activity coordinator tries to encourage everyone to participate in an activity.
It may be expensive to live there but it certainly gives one peace of mind that their loved one is residing in a safe and friendly environment and where assistance is just a call button away.

Friendly, helpful staff!

Our experience with Spring Meadows has been a very good one! The director really does a fantastic job, and personally involves herself in all sorts of jobs throughout the facility. She really makes the place gel! She and the sales manager did a a great job helping us through the whole process. The aide staff is friendly and hardworking, and they take great care of the residents. Our loved one is happy, and has settled in well!

Residents

The residents here are rude and complain about everything. I've never experienced such an unfriendly atmosphere.

Feels like home

Very caring team lead by top management every day. Food is delicious. Entire staff offers great care to all !
We are so glad we found this wonderful home that solves all of our needs.

I cannot say enough good things about Spring Meadows . My experience with the staff has been nothing but positive. My mom is being well cared for and is also very busy with activities and events daily. I could not have made a better choice. Thank- you Spring Meadows for giving my mom her life back .

Friendly and accommodating staff

I've been pleased with the service here so far. The facility itself is clean and well kept, and they've got a good variety of activities to keep the residents engaged and entertained. The staff does an excellent job of encouraging the residents to get involved.
I have noticed a few hiccups in coordination and follow-through, but for the most part we're comfortable and happy with the care they're providing my loved one.

Some great staff, but also some serious issues

This community has an excellent director, and the activities and daily programming staff are excellent. Lots of appropriate activities for the residents. They have plenty to do on-site, and field trips for the more mobile residents. I also like that there is an independent on-site doctor and physical therapy location.

They also have some serious issues. NONE of the toilets in this community are handicapped/wheelchair height, they are all standard size. They have a do-not-lift policy, which is very unusual for an assisted living facility. They will not bring medication to the residents, the residents must go to a specific location to pick up their own. The food is also disappointing, there are few selections, and no low-sodium options, which many residents need.
It would also be nice if 2 bedrooms units were offered, as many residents have 24 hour aides.

Beautiful facility. Would be a good f...

Beautiful facility. Would be a good fit for Mom. Like the director.

good location. No skilled nursing/mem...

good location. No skilled nursing/memory care

Discover a verdant community in bloom at Spring Meadows Summit, offering Assisted Living services in Summit, New Jersey. Completely refurbished in 2012, our warm and inviting community features experienced and professional staff members who are committed to improving the quality of life of our residents. Our spacious apartments strike the perfect balance between comfort and safety and offer peace of mind for residents and their family and friends. Residents are warmhearted, interesting people who enjoy the freedom of Assisted Living – freedom from the worries and dangers of solitary living and cooking and cleaning in surroundings that are kind and gracious – with the knowledge of knowing someone is always at hand if help is needed. Beyond the amenities and services of our community, residents also enjoy the fact that they are just moments away from some of the area’s best shopping, dining and entertainment destinations, as well as two nearby hospitals.