We are calling you now to better understand your needs.
Morristown is a scenic city in Morris County with historic monuments due to its role in the war for independence. The population density is low, with 1,272 people per square mile.
Morristown has a walk score of 97. Spring Hills is only a five-minute walk from downtown. Able-bodied seniors running errands will not need a car or other mode of transportation.
The average resident age is 36.4 years., but there are plenty of seniors living in the area.Here is a breakdown:
- 8% are between ages 65 and 74
- 6% are between ages 75 and 84
- 3% are 85 years and older
Number of Senior Housing Facilities in Zip Code 07960
Besides Spring Hills Morristown, there are three other senior living facilities in this zip code.
- Mt. Kemble Home and Careone
- CareOne at Madison Avenue
- Morris Hills Center
Average Weather Information
Morristown gets on average about 50 inches of rain and 27 inches of snowfall each year. There are 209 sunny days per year. The comfort index is 45 due to the number of days between 70 - 80 degrees and the number of days with excess humidity. Temperatures are in the teens to twenties during the winter months. Then during the spring, temperatures are in the 50s and 60s. Temperatures in the 70s and 80s are common in the summer.
Veteran's Facilities in the Area
- Morris County Veterans Services Office
- Morris County Veterans Services
- Morristown Outpatient Clinic: This is run by the Veteran Affairs New Jersey Health Care System.
Since It is close to New York City, Morristown has an extensive public transportation system with discounts for senior citizens.
- NJ Transit, the statewide bus system, has operations around Morris County. There are local and regional bus routes that make it easy for seniors to get around. Their buses are fully accessible and equipped with bus lifts or ramps. Seniors get to pay lower fares.
- Lakeland Bus Lines operates a daily commuter service from five northern New Jersey Counties to New York City. Seniors age 62 and above get a reduced fare.
- CoachUSA has daily commuter routes to New York City. Senior citizens receive lower fares.
- Colonial Coach is a single route bus service operating around Morristown. It is free of charge.
New Jersey Transit Rail: This is a rail commuter network in Northern New Jersey. It connects with other rail services in New Jersey and New York. Senior citizens pay lower fares to ride.
- Morristown Taxi Service: This taxi offers rides to and from the airport as well as around Morristown.
- Taxi NJ in Morristown
- Comfort Cab
Morristown Medical Center is the primary hospital in Morristown. It offers a full range of inpatient and outpatient services. Various doctors and dentists also operate around the area.
Morristown has a crime index of 44, meaning it is safer than 44% of other US cities. The rate of violent crime is low. Residents have a 1 in 321 chance of becoming a victim of violent crime. They are more likely to become a victim of a property crime, with a 1 in 72 chance.
Sports and Leisure
During most of the year, the weather is nice enough for a decent round of golf and tennis.
- Golf Courses: Morris County Golf Club and Spring Brook Country Club have golf courses that seniors can golf at with a membership.
- Tennis: Morristown Field Club has plenty of tennis courts. They also offer lessons and social events.
- Make Time Fitness
- Crossfit Morristown
- Full Time Fitness
Shopping and entertainment
- Top This Boutique
- The Dain Shoppe
- Mars Clothing
- Morris Food Market
- Whole Foods
- Greenlife Market
- Kings Super Market
- George & Martha's American Grille
- Grasshopper Off the Green
- Grilled Cheese at the Melt Factory
- Asahi Sushi
- Roots Steakhouse
- AMC Headquarters 10: This offers senior discount tickets.
- MPAC Theater
The Morristown & Township Library is the closest public library to Spring Hills Morristown. After establishing residency, seniors can get a library card and check out books to read.
- Morristown National History Park: This is where George Washington's army camped during the long winter months from December 1779 to June 1780. Free admission is offered on certain holidays. Other times, the entrance fee is only $7 and valid for seven days.
- Lewis Morris Parks: This has trails that are great for hiking. Plus, there is a sandy beach next to Sunrise Lake.
- Morris Museum: This has art and professional theater exhibitions. Seniors only have to pay between $45 to $50 for a membership.
- The Presbyterian Church in Morristown
- St. Peter's Episcopal Church
- Assumption Church
- 20 Church Street LLC