Southern Senior Living - Adel, GA

Don't bring your family here

This place is horrible. No interaction with the patients , no activities for the patients . Horrible food, no snacks offered, not a very clean place. Some of the patients smell horrible. I caught a staff several times snatching a patient agitated by there behavior. I started out having a private room for my family, I came back she had a roommate. And still being charged the same price for a private room.

DO NOT SEND ANYONE TO THIS PLACE!!

8/23/15 = I live 3 hours from my mom in this facility. went to visit her today and found 2 of her toenails an inch long, her room smelled horrible, urine stains by her bed, faucet in bathroom sink STILL leaking but most disturbing of all was her bed. The bedding was off so I decided to take advantage and rotate the memory foam that is on her hospital bed. When I touched it I found it to be wet which was disturbing enough - then when I flipped it the underside was literally sitting in a puddle of urine. It took 2 cloths to dry the puddle up before I could move it. The side that was next to her was stained yellow and brown. The side that was down had been there so long the foam had turned black with mold in about 30 inch area. When the owners were confronted with this situation they accused me of causing trouble and told me to remove my mom from their facility. this is not the first issue we have had or things I have noticed but it will be the last. I have pictures of what I am saying. I have seen water leaking through the ceiling and through electrical fixtures; mold growing on the a/c system; residents sitting in the common area with no a/c and sweating profusely; no snacks are provided to residents - 3 meals and that is it - have never seen any fruit there. they do not have enough activities for the residents - most of the time they sit around like zombies staring into space. . I sometimes spend the night with my mom since I drive 3 hours and have actually set up most of the night once because I could not find anyone in the whole building.. later hearing an alarm going off I found the nurse sleeping in one of the residents room's on the couch - this left the other attendants and the facility unattended for at least 4 hours. another time I found one of the nurses - different one - sleeping curled up on the floor behind the partition in the corner of the nurses station - the reason I found her was because she was snoring so loud. this place has changed and it certainly has not been for the better! once my mom was taken for surgery on an area of leg - which turned out to be malignant - and we were not even notified. found out from her case worker who called my brother for something else! I thought this was a nice place and at one time had even told them when I needed to go to such a facility I wanted to go there.....well, obviously I have changed my mind.

Spoke to staff on 4-1-10. Very friend...

Spoke to staff on 4-1-10. Very friendly and informative. Nice small place. Clean, despite older building, but "homey" feeling.