Southern Pines - Southern Pines, NC

Wonderful community. It was evident the residents & staff enjoy being there. Food was great. The rooms and facilities we're very impressive and the best part was [Name removed] herself and affordable

Waiting List!!

The Southern Pines was a clean well maintained community. My father liked the appearance of it but did not like that there was a waiting list to get in. He also did not like That he had no room mate as he enjoys the company of other residents.

very very friendly

The people at Southern Pines are very very friendly. They go out of their way to accommodate different needs. They also deal with difficult situations as they arise extremely well. For example, mom recently left the stopper in the sink and created a small flood, but they were very nice and understanding in dealing with and taking care of the issue.

I would highly recommend them. Five stars!

Wonderful First Visit

We visited this "facility" as a starting point in our search for a place for Mom. I used the quotation marks around FACILITY because it is not institutional at all, but more like living in a wonderful hotel. We dropped in unannounced, and the staff showed us around, took their time, and answered all questions. The apartments we viewed were very nice, amenities were great, and pricing very good compared to others we have seen online. This would be the perfect place for Mom--the only real question is whether or not she can continue her independent living, or if we really need assisted care. Even at that, options were provided for acquiring additional services for additional fees. Overall, a wonderful place. I'm not sure any others we see in our search are going to measure up.

Exactly what dad wanted

My dad likes it a lot, I'm still concerned that it doesn't meet his needs, but he loves it. I think he requires more care and he's had to go to the hospital a couple of times, he has a lot of things going on so hospital visits are going to happen. From what I've heard, they've handled it well and he has someone who comes in 3 days a week to help him with laundry and hygiene. I did see some posted activities and i did encourage him to get involved, but he's kind of a loner. They're very friendly, they have told dad "anything you need," they have pull cords in the rooms so if dad needed something he could call them but there's a limited amount of things they do. That's what he wwanted, so that's what he got, he was really anti-nursing home and as far as the level of care he required he would need to be in a nursing home but it seems like its a good fit. They provide 3 meals a day so he doesn't have to worry about cooking, they're nice meals, the place is very nice, it's like walking into a very nice hotel.

Good combination of assistance and independence (so far)

I've only been here 3 days, I have family in the area and so far it's been working out okay. From what I've seen so far, the cleanliness has been excellent, the foods been good and so far, the staff has been fine. They have quite a few activities, I'm not familair with all of them yet but I'm planning on staying here long term.
It's more independent living but there's a lot of individual aids available to make arrangements with so I decided to try that route. I'm in kind of an inbetween position. I don't fully utilize the assistance available in assisted living, and I'm not fully independent. Kristie convinced me with the fact they had a lot of independent caregives available to get in touch with and make private arrangements for additional care and I thought that combination would give me all the assistance I needed and more independence so I would have incentive to take care of myself.

Professional and Well Managed

That is where I wanted my grandmother to go but she would only agree to one other place because she knew people in the area.

They were very professional. It was clean and top notch! They way they handled everything, you could tell the management was better because it goes from the top down. They were very well managed.

Looks like a fabulous place. Talked w...

Looks like a fabulous place. Talked with the owners, and they were so friendly and helpful.

Southern Pines Gracious Retirement Living is now open. We offer studio, one bedroom, and two bedroom/two bath suites. No long term Buy-Ins or leases required and all utilities except personal telephone and Internet services are included in the month-to-month rent.

Our retirement community amenities include three delicious chef-prepared meals each day served in our gracious dining room, caring on site managers available day and night, emergency call system in every suite, local transportation, housekeeping and maintenance service.

Residents at Southern Pines Gracious Retirement Living will enjoy a variety of activities from exercise and wellness classes to crafts, in-house movies, and group outings. Our friendly and qualified staff values our residents and focuses on helping each individual become a part of our community. Southern Pines Gracious Retirement Living offers the fun of a vibrant retirement community and the independent lifestyle you value.

It would be our pleasure to introduce you to our beautiful retirement community in person. We have a marketing team on site now and they will be pleased to meet you and visit in more detail about this exciting new opportunity for people who are interested in gracious retirement living in Southern Pines, North Carolina.