South Hills Manor - West Covina, CA

Lovely place but loved one is unhappy.

South Hills Manor is very clean and nice. The people are very friendly and patient. He likes the food very much. The problem is my loved one is having a difficult time communicating with the staff because they have heavy accents.He is frustrated by this and wants to move. It is not the staff's fault and they have been very understanding with him. I really enjoy South Hills Manor but he asks me if we can find another community often.

It's a Keeper

I stopped in and even though they were renovating the home, the caregivers were helpful, smiling and very attentive to their patients. This house is very large, roomy and spacious. One resident has two cute little dogs as his companion. I think if you are looking for a good care home, you should put your name on the waiting list.

A Great Place for My Dad to Live

My father's dementia progressed to the point that I couldn't take care of him any more. So we moved him in to this house last week, and I am so pleased with the staff and the accommodations. They are wonderful, caring people, and there is usually three caretakers for six residences. Nancy is the head caretaker, for the past 12 years. She is EXCELLENT!! My dad is settling in just fine. And, he is getting great, home-cooked meals. He goes on daily walks with them. His laundry is done every day, and the clothes are folded impeccably. The home is very clean, large, with a family room with many comfy chairs and a large TV. The private rooms are all furnished nicely, each with their own TV. They help him shower every day, and watch him all night. I couldn't have asked for a nicer place for my dad's next chapter of his life.

2 blocks from Queen of Ange...

2 blocks from Queen of Angels. Very nicely kept exterior. Inside of house appeared very homey. Looked alot like my parents home. No vacancy. All rooms are private. Elivra, owner, very nice. Lives in Eagle Rock. 2 care takers. Currently no vacancy. $3200 plus meds. Meds can be delivered directly to home.