Silverado Sierra Vista - Azusa, CA

Best place yet only thing is I can't afford it but it's worth every time

Silverado Representative

Thank you for your kind comment. We appreciate you taking the time to leave a review.

Mom is adjusting Well!!

My mother has recently moved into this community and she has been adjusting well. The staff are all very friendly and I could have not picked a better group to care for her in her new living environment. She has had no complaints about the meals and I am hoping to see her get more involved with some of the activities when she gets more settled. Overall we are extremely happy with how things are going and would recommend it to anyone.

Silverado Representative

Hello, thank you for recognizing our friendly and dedicated associates. We're glad to hear your mother is thriving at our Sierra Vista community. We hope you'll swing by the community to enjoy a delicious meal and engagements with your mother!

A good place

My husband is living in this community. It is a locked facility, but its good-size beautiful garden gives residents enough space to enjoy during the daytime. Most impressed is that all the staffs, from management team to nurses to care givers, treat residents with respect and care. Each time when I visited my husband, I felt that he is in the good hands.
The cost is a bit high, especially to us who do not have a long term care insurance. I still chose it for its providing professional service to the senior citizens.

Silverado Representative

Jiabao, thanks for sharing your thoughts! We love hearing from our families. The communites' secure, enclosed courtyards and garden walking paths encourage mobility. At Silverado, we focus on the individual and celebrate ability, not limitation. Our innovative style of care enriches lives by focusing on what makes each resident a unique a special individual.

I would recommend Silverado Sierra Vista!!!

I wanted to thank A Place for Mom for recommending this community as it has been good for us. The only small issue I have is the food could be better. The community is clean and the staff are nice. There are activities to keep the residents active.

Silverado Representative

Hello, thank you for sharing your thoughts. Silverado's culinary services are a point of pride for us as we aim to provide residents with food that is both appealing and nutritious, and we appreciate all feedback as we are always working on improving.

They Are Doing Everything They Can Do

I really like this facility and everyone here. This is a good community for Alzheimer's care. They are trying to do everything they can for my husband and his care. He can be combative at times and difficult to deal with. I do think they need more care givers here at this community. So the residents get the type of attention they need. This is a nice community with nice residents. I would recommend this community because they are patient with my husband. They are very caring at this community.

Silverado Representative

Thank you so much for your feedback. At Silverado, we pride ourselves in being industry leaders and providing individualized memory care that is just as focused on mind and spirit as it is on body. Thank you again for sharing your comments and we look forward to being a trusted resource and care partner for you and your family!

Grandpa seems to like it

They have taken good care of him so far. My grandpa seems to like the place. The staff is friendly and he likes the other residents. My parents are pleased with the level of care that they have provided so far.

Silverado Representative

Hello, thank you for sharing your thoughts. At Silverado, we are committed to providing an environment where residents can thrive and be happy. We look forward to continue being a trusted resource for you, your family and your grandfather.

The Best Place

Our mother was languishing in a small, private, residential board and care home. She received little attention and little stimulation. Mom seemed to be slipping away, and the owner of the board and care was pushing us to put Mom into hospice care (more $$ for the owner). We transferred Mom to Silverado, Sierra Vista in Azusa in March of 2015 after I had toured and visited three of their facilities in southern California.
It was the best decision we ever made for Mom since she began her journey through dementia. Her whole life turned around. Now she engages in activities and is always immersed in a stimulating environment. She even gets exercise three days per week. And there is NO talk of placing Mom in hospice care.
The staff are very attentive at Silverado Sierra Vista. They know our mother very well, and everyone on staff is very reliable, responsive, and exceptionally caring. The staff maintain a very friendly and welcoming atmosphere. They are always careful to include residents in all kinds of activities. I look forward to going there regularly to hang out with Mom. My whole family is very pleased with the care our mother receives at Silverado.
There are many stimulating activities and events that include residents and their families. I love that Silverado policy encourages the staff to bring their children to work to socialize with the residents. The community also has several pets: dogs, cats, birds, fish. It is not cheap, but it really is the best place for our mom.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for taking the time to share your Silverado story, JVollmer57! We are happy to hear that you and your mother have had a positive experience at Silverado Sierra Vista. As you mentioned, we plan daily engagements and always encourage our residents to participate and socialize! We look forward to continue being a resource for you and your family and we hope to see you soon!

Friendly Staff

The staff was very friendly to us while my loved one was staying at Silverado Sierra Vista. He passed away a little while ago, so the questions were a little hard to rate and answer, but that is all I have to say.

Silverado Representative

We are happy to hear that you and your loved one had a positive experience at Silverado Sierra Vista. Our associates continue to be fully committed to providing world-class care to our residents and their family members. Thank you for taking the time to share your Silverado story.

great

I have been very pleased with Silverado Sierra Vista. The staff are all great. I have all of their cell numbers, and I really appreciate that I can reach any of them any time I need anything. They are very good about contacted me to keep me informed of how things are going. It is a nice place, very spacious and great to walk around in.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for recognizing our associates and the amazing care that they provide! Each of our associates are dedicated to providing life-enriching care and are always available to support you and your family. Thanks again for your comment!

Visited on September 12. T...

Visited on September 12. The location was in a quiet and peaceful spot at the base of the mountains in Azusa. The grounds were spacious and the facility was homelike with pets and plants.(children are welcome, though I did not see any that day) Plenty of space to wander. 24 hour nursing care and meets the needs of residents through all stages of Alzheimer's. Price is more affordable than 'The Huntington'.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for taking the time to tour our Sierra Vista community. We are glad you had the chance to experience the Silverado difference. As you noticed, our spacious walkways and secured perimeter encourage residents to explore our park-like surroundings while maintaining their safety and independence. As always, we continue to be committed to providing life-enriching care to those we serve.

did the tour this afternoon...

did the tour this afternoon. To be honest, Silverado was a very unfavorable experience for my sister and me. Way too many dogs walking and laying around (some underfoot posed a safety hazard, in my opinion). Workers were very slovenly dressed and two were actually walking around eating. The gal that gave us our tour was very friendly to us, but she did not address even one resident by name or engage in any friendly conversation. I did not find the physical facility one bit appealing either. Very little guest parking available, too. Overall, I regret to say I'd give this facility about a 3 out of 10.

Silverado

We are sorry you had an unfavorable experience during your tour. Though, you are correct in alluding to our lively community. Silverado is a socially vibrant community filled with visitors and pets, and often time children as well. These elements, along with our clean and casually-dressed staff, help create the feeling of home – rather than institution, with disparate attire for those who live and work there.
Silverado also maintains a uniquely high staffing level. This allows for a more focused care team, to ensure the utmost safety, and enables us to know our residents and families on a more personal level.
In many ways our community is different than other memory care environments, but our philosophy of care is purposely developed to help enrich quality of life. So, we encourage you to visit again (anytime). We’d love to chat a bit more and address your concerns.

A care-givers dream!

This is a great place for anyone's mom! I was impressed by Silverado's staff Antionette, Dottie, and Linda were very helpful and informative. This community is perfect for hands-on help and daily activities in all areas. They keep their residents engaged. They have pets throughout the community that are shared by the residents. I'm so glad a place for mom found Silverado and it was so close to home.

Silverado

Hi Terri, we are so happy you found us as well. Your father is a pleasure to be around and we very much enjoy your visits as well.

Toured April 25. Antoinett...

Toured April 25. Antoinette was wonderful. My dad will say it's too expensive.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for taking the time to take a tour at our community! We are glad that you had a great first impression. We are always available as an educational resource to you and your family!

I was pleasantly surprised with this ...

I was pleasantly surprised with this facility. It is also about 5 minutes from my house in Glendora. I will be getting my wife home in the next couple of days. I have a caregiver 24/7 who is excellent and has taken care of my wife for 7 months. I plan on keeping this going for as long as possible. When this is no longer possible, I will have to place her and it would most likely be at Silverado. I will however check out the the other places before that time comes. Thanks for your help.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for taking the time to visit our community! We appreciate your feedback and hope to be a resource to you in the future.

I was pleasantly surprised with this ...

I was pleasantly surprised with this facility.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for your comment. We are happy that you had a positive experience!

The skilled, compassionate memory care professionals at Silverado are dedicated to providing residents with the dignity and care they deserve while they enjoy the community’s warm atmosphere. Comfortable surroundings and engagement activities designed with the needs of memory-impaired individuals in mind help ensure the goal of enriching the lives of both residents and their families.