Somerset Court of Rocky Mount - Rocky Mount, NC

Feels like you're in an emergency room...

We were referred this community by A Place for Mom. I don't feel like it is an accurate representation of communities APFM advertises. When I was walked in I immediately noticed that the carpet was old and torn. I didn't get a good feeling at all. The entrance reminded me of a hospital ER with residents in wheelchairs everywhere. It was a very sick feeling environment. The director was exceptionally nice and you could tell she loved the residents because she was walking around giving them hugs. The building needs updating tremendously. It looked too much like a hospital and I didn't my loved on in that environment.

The staff is friendly. When we request something of them they respond quickly. They are attentive and patient with cranky old residents.

The administrator is open to suggestions.

The food is better than other places.

somerset

I was pleasantly surprised to find Somerset to be such a professional yet caring place. The staff, from the director to the maintenance man, has been so helpful, friendly and caring. Our move in day was such an ease. Grandma was pleased to see her new "apartment" as we call it. I feel confident and secure leaving her there.

Lots of information sharing...

Lots of information sharing! Facility was clean and neat, employees where very helpful! I arrived 40 mins early so Judy had one if her associates show me around while she finished her lunch at 2:00 (dedicated lady)! Rooms are 1 bedroom have adjoining bathrooms when like genders are on each side. Housekeeping everyday which explains the cleanliness! Have 60 residences. Breakfast, lunch and dinner with 3 snacks a say( ask about fitness program with all that food!)!!! Laundry is done 3 days a week. Have beauty shop every other Friday! Have Birthday Parties each month for residences with the works!!! This facility does accept Medicaid and VA Benefits! Like this one too!