Sodalis Memory Care - Rock Street - New Braunfels, TX

We did not have a good experience here

When my loved one first moved in, he was doing well. But since living here, he’s gone downhill. For some reason, the nurse decided to change his medications around and give them to him at different times than normal, which threw his system off. The management would not do anything about the residents that were loud and screaming and there was even one woman that tried to bite the other staff members. There were no bathrooms in the bedrooms and the ones that were available were typically locked and unlabeled. The food, though, was delicious and my loved one ate very well. Our experience here was not good.

I couldn't have found the best place to help me in my situation if I had not had [Removed]. Thanks

Loving Care

Our mother has lived at Sodalis Rock Street for 17 months. The staff are wonderful, very loving, caring, and patient. Every time we come in to the house, it is clean and smells good. There are activities and residents are encouraged to be out of their bedrooms and in the "living room area". The beautifully kept "back yard" affords residents the ability to sit outside in the shade or sunshine to see birds, plants, and flowers. Beautiful! She has had the best care she could possibly have here. She has dementia and can sometimes be challenging because of her medical situation. We thank the staff from the bottom of our hearts for their professional care and love for our mom. We know it is a hard decision where to place a loved one, and we are so thankful for everyone at Sodalis!

Pretty Nice Tour

I had a nice tour of this community. It is a pretty nice facility with kind people. From what I saw everything was neat, and appeared to be well maintained. The staff was kind, and helpful. They answered all my questions, and the experience was a good one overall.

Small community, nice staff, dorm style with bathroom down hall. No private living area, bath, closets. Seems residents are too low functioning for my mom who just needs some help. Not enough stimulation for her.

Good Tour

We toured this community for my mother in law, and her needs. Our went well, and everyone was very kind to us. The community looked great, everything was very nice, and clean. It was a good experience, but we did find a community that suited my mother in law needs better.

Mom is Well at this Community

Overall this a community I would recommend, but I would recommend that they improve on their wound care. My mother has had some accidents, and I don't feel her wounds were tended to properly. Other that that issue they do a good staff here. They have been really kind, and attentive. They do a good job with the cleanliness of the community. Everything is working out pretty well so far, and this is a good community with kind people .

Jen Malloy

I appreciate you reaching out. At Sodalis, we strive daily to meet every need of our residents in our communities. Being a residential community and not a clinical setting, we are sometimes limited by licensing on how we can assist in the treatment of medical needs. In most instances, we partner with professional third party clinical providers who can carry out the treatment prescribed by a physician. I would like to visit with you further regarding your concerns. May we set a time to meet? Please call me at [removed]. Thank you and I look forward to hearing from you. Michelle Rainer, Vice President, Sodalis Senior Living

My tour.

The building is a little older and we were not impressed with this. The people we met were very nice. When we went on our tour it did not seem like an active community. The residents were just sitting around.

Jen Malloy

Thank you for your feedback. We are sorry that you experienced our residents during an inactive part of their day. We'd love the chance to meet with you to discuss. Please reach out to Michelle Rainer, VP of Sales, at [removed] if you would like to schedule a lunch or coffee to meet. Thank you again.

Wonderful Staff!!

I did a tour of this community. It was an older building, not very open. There were very few bathrooms in the community but they were always locked. The staff was wonderful i did like the way they were.

We're glad that you appreciated our great staff!

The structure of our building and the locked bathrooms are an intentional part of our design to address needs for safety and comfort. The small environment provides an environment that feels more like home. Large buildings with long hallways can feel confusing and discomforting to persons with dementia. We'd be happy to tell explain in more detail and to discuss our approach to dementia care.

Wonderful Experience

My husband was at this community for a respite stay, and everything went very well. We were very pleased with everything they did for us. The community is very well-kept, everything is very nice and clean. The staff was great, they were very friendly and kind. He did participate in a few activities. He really loved the food, he was always looking forward to the next meal. It was a great experience, and I would definitely go back again. I highly recommend this community.

Thank you for sharing these comments about your experience with respite care at Sodalis Rock Street. We are always delighted to hear that our guests had a positive experience. It makes us happy to have been able to provide care for your husband and to provide you with a break from the daily demands of caregiving.

We're here if you need us again. Our best to you and your husband-
Sodalis Rock Street

Sodalis on Rock Street

The staff at Sodalis Rock St. genuinely care for their patients. They promptly answer any questions I may have, and keep me up to date on any special needs.
I truly feel that my dad is in the best place available.

I am very grateful to "A Place For Mom" for helping me find a place within our price range. Mary [removed] practically held my hand as she guided me through the process of selecting and viewing a good community, and getting Veterans Assistance set up, as well.

It's always great to hear kind words about our community. Thank you for sharing these comments. We truly love our residents (and their family members!) and we're glad that it shows.

I have friends who are here, and they are very happy

We looked here when we were touring. We were looking at the memory care, and the food in the level two area wasn't very good, in my opinion. I have friends who are here, and they are very happy, and it's a nice place. It just wasn't right for us.

Review of Sodalis New Braunfels Alzheimer's / Memory Care in New Braunfels, TX

Nice facility. Staffed by a seemingly caring group in a homey atmosphere. My number one choice in the area.

Thank you for your kind words about our community.

Our purpose is to provide the BEST LIFE POSSIBLE to elders living with diminished cognitive and/or physical limitations. We do this by providing assisted living residences that offer safety, security, dignity and independence in intimate home settings, staffed with well-trained, compassionate and engaging caregivers.

Sodalis activities are designed to enrich every aspect of life. Engagement is the process of involving our residents in hands on activities that provide them with a sense of purpose, fulfillment, socialization, and accomplishment. Our programs are designed based on our knowledge of each resident’s personal interests and preferences as well as researched therapeutic interventions.

Compassionate staff are available for medical assistance and help with daily life tasks such as grooming and bathing. Chef-prepared meals are served communally in the dining room, and housekeeping and linen services are also included. The secure, landscaped lawn and cozy common areas at Sodalis Memory Care are ideal for relaxation, and planned games and activities encourage socialization. Transportation to medical appointments and outings is provided.

CARE OFFERED – Alzheimer’s/ Memory Care and Respite Care