Brookdale San Marcos South - San Marcos, TX

Brookdale San Marcos South - San Marcos, TX has yet not published prices.

Nice

This community was our second choice. The staff seemed so upbeat and the community looked well taken care of. They did seem to offer some nice activities. The community we chose just seemed to fit within my loved ones budget better.

Comfortable and Clean!

Brookdale San Marcos is very clean and comfortable. The food is really good, it is served restaurant style with nice linens and plenty of choices on the menu. I wish they would encourage the resident to mingle more at meal time. Encourage them to change tables to make new friends, my Mom thinks she is assigned to the one table she always sits at. I would like to have more activities for the residents and to encourage my mom to participate more. My mom needs to have help to attend the different activities because she is not as ambulatory as some of the other residents. If she is not personally encouraged and helped to the activities she will just lay in her bed because she is not sure of herself. The staff has called me to let me know she doesn't want to get out of bed and then I call and tell her she needs to get up and get going. They offer Bingo twice a week, and a couple other activities, but again the activities are located far away from her room. They could use more musical entertainment. They provide outdoor activities, feeding the birds, and residents can take walks around the community. They provide transportation for trips to Dr.s, and shopping. They do not transport to Dr's appointments outside of San Marcos area. The staff is very friendly and really sweet. My Mom really loves her nice, huge apartment. We feel Mom is very comfortable here at Brookdale San Marcos.

Friendly Staff

My tour of this community was a good one. Everyone was nice, and kind to my family. The staff I met was kind, and cordial. From what I saw the community looked nice, and everything was clean. My questions were answered, and overall my tour went well.

Great place for your loved one

My first impression was great. [Removed] at the front desk greeted me and was very nice. [Removed] the Marketing person showed me around and answered all of my questions. As we walked around I noticed how all the residents were interacting with one another and having a great time visiting with each other and the staff.

I also met with [Removed] the Director of the facility which also answered more questions and spent time with me which I really appreciated.

I can't say enough good things about this facility, the staff, residents and everyone I come in contact with there are so friendly and helpful.

My mom loves it and has already met new friends and stays busy with all the activities offered.

The Value Was A Good Fit

It has been going good for my mom so far and the staff have been providing the care she needs and always being helpful. Her meals and activities are more than adequate with choices she can pick from. There has been no discrepancies about cleanliness through the community or in her room.

Helpful Good Tour

We had a good experience during our tour of this community. They were extremely helpful, and kind.Everything went very well. The staff was very kind to my family, and myself. They were very good with their follow up, to make sure we were okay.

Over The Top Staff!!

I love how all of the staff have so much patience for my mother in law. They will try to work with her and try to encourage her to engage more in the community. My mother in laws room is really nice. I also like the set up of the community her room is near the dinning room. It's a clean place and kept organized. The most important thing is that we know she is in a safe place.

Unhappy With Outcome

My husband was only here for a few hours and he fell and broke hi hip. I am unhappy with the community for not refunding me my deposit because we did not move in after he fell on their property. I agreed to pay for the time my furniture was in the room but I have not got a resolution yet.

It was a very nice place, and was definitely an option.

We looked here when we were touring. It was a very nice place, and was definitely an option. I did find a place that was closer to me and offered the size room that we were looking for.

Very Great Place

This is a very good place. It very homey place. I have worked in nursing homes before and this place is one of the best.

need more care than they offer

At Brookdale San Marcos South they need more care than they offer. The staff will remind him to take his insulin but they don't do it themselves. They cant even check his blood sugar. It got really low one time and I checked it and it was at 34. They fall a lot there also. I think the move over there made it to where they don't remember as much. They do say the food is good and the staff is attentive. They have a really nice room. The billing is also confusing. It keeps bigger every month. The staff is very responsive. Overall it's a good facility but I may be moving them soon to where they can get more care.

Nothing To Improve On

I don't really know of anything they could improve on. My experience was that my mother just didn't want to go there and she wanted to stay at home instead. I think she would have been real happy there if she would have chosen to go.

So far they are doing a good job.

So far they are doing a good job. The only exception is for the meals, and the meals have improved. The staff is excellent, and very helpful.

Disappointed

Weekend meals are not adequate amounts nor tasteful. The weekend meals appear to be warmed-up TV dinners. Meal service is very inadequate, such as ignoring tables for orders, not refilling drinks, or bringing condiments on request. I am very disappointed in the treatment of the residents by the meal staff. The total disregard of the residents during mealtimes is very disappointing to me and my parents. Some of the staff seems to have forgotten that their jobs is for the assistance and care of the elderly. Other than meals, I am pleased with Brookdale and the overall staff. Hopefully these problems will be addressed soon .

Very friendly administrative and care staff!

Overall things have gone well with Emeritus at San Marcos! They do a great job keeping everything clean and nice looking, and the staff have all been very friendly. The director, Dean, is excellent and the RN, Brittany, has also been a pleasure to work with! They do an excellent job taking care of the residents!

Emeritus (removed)

I believe [removed] my mother. Horrible place, reeks of urine, horrible food and very small portions but who could eat it anyway. Staff seems to lack experience/knowledge. Mistakes made left and right. Her medicine was discontinued because someone flipped her medicine chart over indicating no more meds. I would recommend this place for enemy, much less a loved one.

Definitely an option after ...

Definitely an option after Jan 2015. My dad doesn't receive his full VA benefits until that time.

Didn't see many people out ...

Didn't see many people out and about at the Independent living side and didn't seem that cheerful. Saw 2 rooms - rooms seemed clean, but small, and the hallway didn't have that great of a smell.

Emeritus in San Marcos

This is an older property but they are trying to renovate slowly. Food is very good and staff is friendly & helpful. However, during meal times the staff to help on the floor is doing the meals also, so slow to help during those meal times.

Bad food and made mom uncomfortable

My mother is very old fashioned, very, very old fashioned and she didn't like what you might say "male and female dating" or whatever you want to call it and she took real offense to what was going on. She felt really uncomfortable there so that's why we got her out of it. She didn't like the food, there was so much there about the food that she didn't like, but my mom is a very good cook and she thought the food there was just plain horrible. Most of the time the food was fried, fried fish, fried everything..she said she didn't think anybody could screw up spinach out of a can but they did. I would have never put her there because the room she was put into was basically dark and depressing already walking in to it.

Although this is an older p...

Although this is an older property, they are trying to remodel some. The people we spoke with were very kind and seemed to know everyone there by name. Our first tour was with Nina, who was enthusiastic, but couldn't answer much. Dean, our follow up tour guide, was the Exec Director and very helpful and personable.

Must furnish own transportation to do...

Must furnish own transportation to doctors' appointments. Also have a huge processing fee to move in.

living at an Brookdale Senior Living community.

delight in showing you our home.

Our Family is Committed to Yours.
Residents in Brookdale San Marcos South live in comfortable apartments that include a private bath and a kitchenette. Many of these apartments overlook a beautiful courtyard that features covered seating, walking paths. and a beautiful fountain. On-site postal services and a beauty salon allow residents to receive critical services without leaving the grounds. The facility also has a modern fitness center, a game room, and a lounge with a flat screen television, piano, and library.