Elan Westpointe - New Braunfels, TX

Front desk staff didn't know what was going on

I previously toured this community but I am going to give it another try. When we went to tour this facility, I think they had a resident manning the front desk. She couldn’t find the room keys or even remember what was going on. I just felt like she was incapable of running the desk. The fire alarm actually went off while we were touring and she didn’t know what was going on. She just seemed totally vacant and unaware of what to do when someone comes in. It was a nice and clean facility but it just looked empty. I will tour this community again when someone else is at the desk.

Air and heat are difficult to deal with.
Food is usually very good. The kitchen needs help on the weekends.

Beautiful new facility. Very welcoming entrance. Friendly staff. Restaurant style dining. Theater.
Nice apartment with fridge, microwave, living and separate living area.

Clean Property!!

I have no complaints of how things went for my loved one at this community. The staff where on time to our appointment and made sure to answer any questions I had for them in detail. I thought they had a nice floor plan with a lot of great amenities available for all of the residents It was just not the right fit in the end decision but I would recommend it to anyone.

[Removed] was great; she gave me a comprehensive and helpful tour of the facility. Their memory care area is light and bright in contrast to so many others which are dark and depressing. If I could get my dad to agree to move to NB, I think I would feel happy to move my mother to Elan.

Mom is Great at this Facility

My mother is doing great at this community. So far everything is working out well with her move to this community. I do feel she is safe, and in good hands. The staff is great. They are very attentive, and helpful when needed. They provide wonderful meals, and have good activities available for the residents. It has been a good experience so far, and I would recommend this community.

The First and Only Place

My mom is doing great. She participates in the activities they plan out. I like the personnel, they're over the top. Everybody is so kind. I absolutely would recommend them to others. When we came here we liked it and decided to move in.

Elan Westpointe satisfied all of my loved one's needs!

This facility is very good! The facility is very clean. Whenever my mother would have small concerns, her needs were met in a timely fashion. As far as activities, the staff did their best to encourage her to participate and have fun.

Good Tour, Friendly Staff

My family, and I had a pretty nice tour of this community. Everything went well, and everyone was very kind to us. The community looked nice. From what we saw they do a good job with the cleanliness. The staff was kind, and answered our questions. The experience was a pleasant one.

Food Needs Improvement, but Overall a Nice Community

My mother is doing well here at this community. So far everything is working out pretty well. The staff is good for the most part. They are taking good care of her, and her needs. She likes everything, but the food. The food doesn't taste good, and they do not serve much of it. There is room for improvement with the food. There are activities available for the residents when they are ready to participate. Overall she is safe, and in good hands. I would recommend this community.

I would not recommend this community!!

They did not take care of my husband when he stayed there. We had numerous meetings with the manager to try and resolve our issues, unfortunately nothing changed. They did not keep the community or his room clean. The food was cold when he received it.

Newer Beautiful Community

My mom has lived there for about 6 months and there definitely has been some changes here, but they were much needed. The new company came in and made some changes and has hired a new manager named [Removed] that seems really great and has already helped us with many issues that we were having before he started. The new company is local and held a meeting where they met everyone and listened to the concerns. We are all excited about this change. I went and toured a community in Austin that the company manages called Legacy Oaks and we were very impressed. Mom and I are very happy with this new management company and new staff. Also- the community is the most beautiful community in the area! Mom feels very special living in such a nice place. It is nicer than my home. Food is great too!

Neglect

I went to check on my loved one who has been there under one year and learned that most of the staff and the management company has been fired. Not replaced yet, just fired. My mom's room was very dirty, she had not had a bath in weeks and her room had not been maintained. She has not been taken care of. This has been an ongoing problem since she has been there, but even worse since the people were fired before replacements were provided. There were some horrible staff members there who are gone, which is good, but they have to be replaced. There are so few staff available that I don't know how they are even still open. I am on hold to make a complaint to the state right now so that the facility will be inspected and made to do what they are required to by law. If I had the authority within the family, i would take her out of this place immediately.

Under new Mgt, it's all about Greed.

I've witnessed first-hand how poorly run this facility is by Management. And BTW, they were just taken over by a new company who came in and destroyed morale and let half the staff go. No moral compass, upper mgt doesn't have a clue how to run a senior care facility. Expect even more issues with the residents now that the experts on the floors, the same experts that knew the residents are now gone. Don't go there, don't even get near this place. That mirage on the outside is just that, a mirage. My family is going to move my family member out in the next month or so. What's in the brochure is nowhere near how poorly this place is being run into the ground. Sad.

Horrible care Lots of neglect !!

My loved one has had a horrible experience with this community. They did not inform me that my father had fallen multiple times and did not keep me updated on his progress. He had fallen one night and was not checked on for almost 24 hours in which in that time he had experienced a heart attach. They did not follow through on the care that was promised and I would definitely nor recommend this place to anyone

Wonderful Community!!

My wife is getting the care that she needs. The staff is wonderful with her. My wife sometimes participates in their activities. I love that she has her own privacy she has her own bathroom and room. Pets are allowed which is wonderful my wife loves the company.

Outstanding Staff makes Elan Westpointe a great choice.

Everyone at Elan Westpointe has been outstanding. We have been impressed with every staff member we have met at Elan and we have met a lot of them. They made the difficult decision of finding a place for our mom very easy. As soon as we walked in we felt like this was the place. We toured several communities but none compared to what we found at Elan. Mom moved in a few days ago and the transition was so easy. She has already made friends and loves it there. What a relief we feel to know our mom is happy and being well taken care of. My sister and I keep saying we want to live there too. I didn't know places like this even existed, but I am sure glad they do.

Disappointment

Positives first: The building is nice looking and is kept clean. There are some friendly people working here.

Negatives: Unfortunately there are not enough people to accommodate the residents. It seems the nursing staff is the most short - and their patience has worn thin and attitudes are sometimes rotten. Care is slipping and there are unaddressed maintenance and cleanliness issues in the residents' rooms. Unless you are visiting your loved one super often and watch them and get after them, things are not getting done.

One time in the dining room, I watched the staff bring out one solitary hamburger at a time to the residents who had already been sitting and waiting for more than an hour for their dinner. A woman started yelling because it was taking too long and I think everyone else felt like that too.

It's not what is advertised. They need to shape up.

My tour day wasn't what I expected

This place is nice from the outside in. But I notice workers are over worked and grumpy. I notice a lady from human resources talking about an employee health issues which I don't think that was okay. I wonder if she goes around talking about residents health issues too. I saw a medication aid tell a resident its your normal meds after the resident ask what are these medication. She was very ugly with her. If I send my mom here I would want her to feel at home. Not to be treated wrong. I over heard the employees say they could never find that medication aid as well. If workers are not happy then its just the wrong place for my mom.

Very Accommodating Community

This is a nice community and everything is going pretty well for my father at this community. It is very well-kept community and they keep the general area very clean. My only concern has been with the cleaning of his room, house cleaning only comes once a week.One thing they are good at is addressing my concerns. They handle them in a timely manner. The nursing staff is wonderful and very attentive. They put schedules on the doors of the dinner menus and activities schedule. This is a great community and I would recommend it. I would only say make sure you get to know the staff and tell them detail information about your loved one care.

I think she is very happy there.

I think she is very happy there. They have lots of activities that she enjoys taking part in, especially the card playing. They have been very helpful with getting her to her appointments. The food is very good. They have a beautician there now, which also makes her happy.

Live out your passion here at Elan Westpointe, a senior living community nestled in the scenic area of New Braunfels, Texas. Schedule a visit and tour the beautiful facility owned and operated by Civitas Management, whose team of senior experts knows what it takes to deliver quality senior care. Residents enjoy chef-prepared meals, meaningful programs, and activities, and pets are welcome. Elan Westpointe offers individual, assisted, and memory care in a safe and comfortable environment, ensuring your loved one gets the perfect level of care. Move-in assistance is available, and resort quality awaits. Come see what this community has to offer today.