Smoky Springs - Gainesville, GA

Nice Staff, very friendly, home looking like the 2 other Holiday places we've been in. Still need some update on the bathrooms and kitchnets they are looking old and stained.we have not eaten there but food looks ok They all clam to have chefs but food still look and smell like school cafeteria food. The only difference is that it is served on table.

Smoky Springs was "nice" but over priced for the "bedroom" w/kitchen sink w/a few cabinets. Small room for clothes but the bathroom was nice & roomy. I do expect to be charge for the services they offered but $2400. is a bit much for me. I really do not want to go over $2100. And I was to expect an increase "maybe annually" I need a locked in rate for life as my income is not going to increase over the year "&" being federal income with [Removed] in the White House -- who knows what will happen when it comes to my income. The VA has already wanting to take away one of my oldest brother's income of which he fought for. Thank "U" [Removed]

A tour for our care

We toured this community for care.We liked the staff and the cleanliness. The menu was appealing and they had a nice variety. They offer activities for the residents. They did not have a physical care on staff at night if needed.We would recommend that families tour this community for the care of a loved.

Good facility for independent living

My mother has lived in Smoky Springs for 2 years and has enjoyed it very much. The staff turnover in the food and beverage department is high. The food quality and service is therefore inconsistent. At times it is so great and at other times, it is hard for my mother to eat it. This is totally independent living, with 2 caregiver companies on site which is used by quite a few residents. There has been some management turnover as well, which leads to additional issues and problems with housekeeping, food & beverage and overall management. My mother is relocating after 2 years as she has reached the point of needing full assisted living.

My Aunt and Uncle Loves It Here

My aunt and uncle are doing amazing here at this community. They really love it here. It is nice looking community. They do a very good job making sure everything is nice and clean. They have a very friendly staff here, they have also been very helpful. There are activities available for the residents. I know they safe and in good hands here. It is a great community and I would recommend it.

Great at first then.......

When we first found smokey springs I thought it was the best place on earth for my mother. After the lease was signed and they had our money things changed. Lots and lots of promises but few were kept. Several attempts to communicate but we were ignored. We are stuck to a 90 day commitment with a $4500 community fee to pay on top of the rent. I can't recommend this place for your loved ones. My mother moved in today and wasn't greeted or informed about meal times or anything. When I called they were overjoyed to hear that she moved in and promised to greet her and notify her of the meal menu and times. It is now almost 9pm and she hasn't seen anyone yet. I am less than impressed at this time. I remain hopeful that things will change. If they do I will re-write a review.

Holiday Retirement

Hello, my name is Katie and I work for Holiday in our Home Office. I'd like to sincerely thank you for bringing this to our attention. We take our reviews very seriously, and your feedback plays an integral part in that process. I'd like to connect you with our Resident Relations Department to make sure this is no longer an issue for you or your mother; please, give us a call at [removed] so we can help!

Very Good Food

My time at this community was short, but it was a nice experience. This is a lovely retirement community. Everything is very nice an clean. The staff was very friendly and helpful. There are nice activities offered. I did enjoy the food, they do sever nice meals. I would recommend this community for independent living.

My Mother-in-law loved visiting Smoky Springs!! She liked the atmosphere (playing music as we walked in), the staff and also the persons she met already living there. We'll continue to check out other places but this one is at the top of our list.

My experience with Smoky Springs

My sister and I recently started looking for an independent living facility for our parents. When we visited Smoky Springs, toured, and talked to Susan Peters we knew it was the place we wanted our parents to live in, They have since moved in and are enjoying meeting other people and especially the meals! Susan was a wonderful person to work with and very helpful. I would recommend Smoky Springs to anyone who wants a warm and inviting place for their parents or parent

Accommodating staff, very friendly place!

We're very pleased with how things have turned out at Smoky Springs, it's a very nice place! The staff here is friendly and accommodating, and they were really a huge help to us throughout the whole process. Our loved one hadn't sold her home quite yet at the time of the move-in, so they let her use their model apartment furniture for a whole month until she was able to get her own furniture moved in! The facility itself is clean and well kept, and the apartments are a nice size for the price. The whole place just has a very friendly, comfortable feel to it, and the residents seem sociable and engaged.

Independent happiness

Mom and I saw Smokey Springs 1st and loved everything about it. We felt we should compare other places so we visited four other locations from Dacula to Buford.
We ended up back at smoky springs as the rooms were much larger in size and quality to the other places. The staff is excellent easy to talk to and pleasant. The only other community that compared to this one was Arbor Terrace in Dacula on 124. The rooms here are much larger and they were much less in cost.
Mom has been extremely happy with all of the activities,friendliness and the comfort of her location I would really recommend this to anyone who doesn't need assisted care.

Holiday Retirement

Hi J.J., I'm Katie, I work at Holiday Retirement's Home Office. Thank you so much for your positive review and for choosing Smoky Springs for your mom. We love hearing about positive resident and family experiences so thanks again for taking time to share your feedback. - Katie

Great Place

My dad is here and its a great place.

The staff here is very professional and nice. The facility itself is sunny and very clean. It has a welcoming feel to it. There are a lot of activities to keep the residents busy and having fun which is great. The food here is even good.

Smokey Springs

The atmosphere in this place is very pleasant - bright and airy. The management is very friendly, and my mom is mostly content. Her unit is niice. However, the activities director does not possess a warm and loving disposition needed for such a position. Also, the housekeeping is lacKing. My mom's weekly cleaning has been skipped twice in a month, and is not done thoroughly. The food is mostly good, except sometimes too salty and cake is sometimes too dry.

I haven't moved in yet, but I am living there in a couple weeks and already it seems like a nice place. I've toured the facility and the staff has been extremely cooperative and I'm excited to move in.

Smoky Springs a great place for senior living.

The Resident Property Managers have a heart of seniors and were very helpful in assisting us find the right apartment for my Dad. They guided us through the process of admission making the move much easier. The facility is beautiful with many activities for him to choose from to keep him active. Residents appear to enjoy living there and have been very encouraging to Dad as he transitions to his new home. Allison with A Place for Mom did an excellent job assisting us in our search and directing us to Smoky Springs.

Chris Gaunt's review

Your staff is excellent. They are a very caring group of people and have been very helpful in meeting my needs. I felt right at home every time upon my arrival. I also intermingled with some of the residents and found them to be very friendly. I think the cuisine is very delicious. I am looking to officially moving this Saturday-March 7, 2015.

Great price, great staff, great facility!

We selected Smokey Springs above all others for my mother. The staff is extremely friendly as are the residents. My wife an I actually asked if WE could move in as well we liked it so much! Although my mother was only there for three months before her passing, she loved living there from day one. The meals were great, and the activities are fun, engaging and there are a lot to choose from! We still visit some of the residents there because of the relationships that were formed over a short period of time. My wife and I looked at several facilities in and around Atlanta as well as several in TN and we couldn't find anything that had as much to offer for an affordable price as Smokey Springs. We highly recommend Smokey Springs to anyone that is looking for clean, well staffed facility for their loved one.

Smoky Springs was clean, and staff an...

Smoky Springs was clean, and staff and residents were very friendly. Made a visitor and new comer welcome.

Not Goldilocks; but After Three Tries, I'm IN!

My first visit to a Holiday Retirement Home was in Akron, where a nephew & niece that I was visiting in the summer of 2013 wanted me to move to live with or near them. Copley Place was very attractive, and I was delighted to learn of the Holiday Travel Program. However, Ohio's climate & weather do not appeal to me, so I declined to move there. Because I was now hooked on living in a Holiday Home, I next visited one in the mountains of North Carolina, but it was too far from family & friends. Then I visited Smoky Springs in Gainesville, GA, about midway between family & friends in Atlanta and friends in Clarkesville, which was my home. It suited me perfectly, so I moved here in December 2013 and am extremely satisfied with my decision. The staff and residents are great people, and the food is excellent!

Smoky Springs, a light, pleasant living home for our Aunt.

After reviewing several Independent living/assisted living facilities, we chose Smoky Springs in Gainesville for our aunt. The first impression was an open, cheerful, living space. The dining room is open to the second story with tables for four and restaurant style service. The hall ways are open to the atrium giving that light spacious look, with many small sitting and game areas. Her room is very nice with lots of closet space. And she has a nice balcony with room for two chairs and a table. Smokey Springs serves three meals a day, with snacks and tea and coffee available at all times. The residents we have spoken with are happy, with the only complaint we heard that it takes too long to serve lunch and supper. I would not hesitate to recommend this facility. Call me I'll be glad to talk with you.

Mario and Paul were very helpful and ...

Mario and Paul were very helpful and understanding in dealing with my demanding Mother, and I think Smoky Springs is a cheerful and well-managed facility. Mom does not require care at present and she does not take part in activities so I can't rate them fairly but it seems that other residents value them highly. I know that care is available on [removed] I see the caregivers making their rounds each time I visit.

Insofar as I know at this time, the single elevator is the greatest drawback. It would be possible to install a second elevator adjacent to the existing shaft, but it would be expensive, disruptive and would decrease capacity by two apartments, so I doubt that will ever happen.

Looks terrific. Provides cost $2600/m...

Looks terrific. Provides cost $2600/month. Accepts VA A&A. Studio or 1 bedrooms. Near Lake Lanier.

Like Marion Woods, I like Smoky Sprin...

Like Marion Woods, I like Smoky Springs even though I haven't toured it , it is a Holiday community so I know it would be like Marion Woods if I decide to move to Ga where my son is only a few miles from this location.

All in one bldg and too expensive.

All in one bldg and too expensive.

Facilities, rooms very nice. Very sma...

Facilities, rooms very nice. Very small kitchenette. Sm fridge, smaller sink. place a microwave on counter. Edit - residents seemed very vibrant. Much to like. Distant location.

Nestled near the Northeast Georgia Mountains and overlooking Lake Lanier, Smoky Springs is the home you’ve been looking for. Residents love the peace and quiet of a country home with big city conveniences just minutes from their doorstep. We’re close to shopping, golf, dining and healthcare.

Our all-inclusive month-to-month rent covers:
- Three delicious and nutritious chef-prepared meals from scratch
- A variety of enriching activities
- Weekly housekeeping and linen service
- Transportation
- Most utilities

Friends in 300 places

Built with your comfort and safety in mind