Before we placed my Dad here at Six star, I did not think he would ever have a smile on his face. Now, i always see him smiling, looking and him feeling better and healthier than ever! He says he is very happy at Six star, and im so glad that i found such a loving and caring home that actually does put their residents first. From their cleanliness, to their friendliness, i could not have asked for a better home! Highly recommended.

Wish we'd of moved Mom in sooner ...

It's difficult when placing your loved one in someone else's care toward the end of their life - when their abilities are declining as well as their personality - you wonder how people who don't know & love them as you do will be able & willing to be caring, patient & compassionate. We felt so lucky to of found SSAFH. Bright & airy, friendly competent staff, home cooked tasty meals, individual dietary needs accommodated, hygiene issues tended to promptly, private rooms & common areas always clean & odor free. Mom was encouraged to do as much as possible for herself as long as possible, with attentive help close by as needed. When weather permitted fresh air was encouraged on the deck & we enjoyed walking her to a small park close by. I rated the activities lower only because during our 16 months visiting there I didn't see much use of the books, games, puzzles etc. that are available - those activities are dependent on a residents interest level & ability - so please don't consider the lower rating a negative towards the home, instead a condition that would change with the residents ability.
If I could change anything it would of been my own awareness that mom would of benefitted from this smaller living environment sooner - a year or even two - so some of the responsibilities she struggled with while living in her apartment at a senior living complex could of been managed for her sooner - making her life more carefree.
I cannot say enough good things about the owner & staff. Myself & three siblings all feel the same.

We have appreciated the excellent care our mom received at Six Star for the past 2 years before she passed. They are compassionate and respectful of the clients that they serve and their families. They provide a beautiful home that is always clean and bright with flowers and decorations for the holidays. I am thankful for finding Six Star for our Mom and for her time in their care.

Our mother was in the Six Star AFH for nearly 2 years before her recent passing. Dina and her staff provided excellent care, were very attentive and compassionate care providers for my Mom and the other residents. We would highly recommend this AFH for your family.

WOW!

I do not know what Kathy below was referring to when she said lack of activities. There are games, puzzles, books, television, I love having my mom here! Best choice i have made for her. Very great home.

They do a good job, it's very clean, and they are very nice.

The staff are very friendly, but communication can difficult due to heavy accents. The television is there, but there is a little lack of conversation. Everyone is well taken care of, but there isn't a lot of activity. The food looks very good, I would say about a 4. They do a good job, it's very clean, and they are very nice.

Six Star Adult Family Home offers a brand new house with beautiful hard wood floors. We have private and semi-private rooms with cable hook up in every room. Are you tired? Are you hassled? We bring the peace and the compassion, the respect and the commitment. Six Star AFH also offers a beautiful and spacious backyard in a new, quiet neighborhood. Least but not last, we offer brand new, high quality furniture for your comfort. We have 20 years of experience working with the frail and elderly and we welcome you to Six Star AFH.