Care for a loved one

The is a nice community for good care. I like the staff that is always helpful. They keep this community inside and out. The meals are appealing with a nice variety. They are helpful to special needs. They offer activities for her and she does like participating when possible. We would recommend this community for other families for the care for loved one.

Loving Silverleaf

Everyone is so helpful . They are quick to correct any problem my husband has had. He is eating better than I was able to get him to do at home. He is doing things for himself again he expected me to do. He is enjoying the activities.
The surroundings are quite and since we used to live in the country he enjoys looking outside and see deer.
Thank You everyone at Silverleaf for their help, kindness and understanding.

My aunt is loving life at Silverleaf of Athens!

The community is very well kept and reasonably priced for the services provided. My aunt is enjoying the variety of food offered. She is having a great time playing bingo, doing arts and crafts, and enjoying birthday party celebrations. When I visit she is so excited to show me what she has done. I highly recommend Silverleaf of Athens!

SilverLeaf of Athens, Ga.

SilverLeaf of Athens has been tremendous. Brianne is very skilled with dementia patients. She assessed and acepted my mom for admission without causing my mother to feel Uncomfortable or paranoid. Briann's expertise & natural affiliation for her job are clear . She is respectful, natural and knowledgeable and it appears the rest of the staff life up to the same level of professional expertise. I live out of state and was only involved prior to moms admission. My sister lives in Watkinsville and is extremely happy with the care my mom is receiving. Most importantly my mom is happy at SilverLeaf. We feel secure in the fact that she's being cared for at SilverLeaf. Thank you so much, Mignon for all of your expertise, feedback and guidance in helping to find my mom a great placement.

Five day respite care good for a cooperative person, but not otherwise.

My wife, suffering from severe Alzheimer's and weakness and balance problems, was left for a five day period of respite care on a trial basis. I visited each day, though not at mealtime. The staff were friendly and apparently competent. After five days and when I came for my wife I was informed that she had not had a bowel movement the entire five days and had not drunk much fluid. During my visits I had attempted to get her to drink, and she did some, but not much. When she is home, she drinks if one is sufficiently patient and keeps reminding her. Later, I heard from another source that my wife had been most uncooperative, which I am sure was the case. Silverleaf probably is fine for someone who will cooperate, but not otherwise.

husband is very comfortable here

We have had a very good overall experience with Silverleaf of Athens. I really like the administrative staff and my husband is very comfortable here. It is a very nice calming environment for dementia patients.

One area for improvement is that they are not as adequately staffed in the night time. During the day time it is great.

It is a very safe and calm place and one I would certainly recommend.

We are very much satisfied with them.

We are very much satisfied with them. The food is very good, I ate there myself. The staff were all very friendly, and it was a nice and clean place. They did a good job, and I would rate them highly.

Excellent dimentia care

This facility specializes in dementia care and they do an excellent job!

Needs More Activities To keep Residents Moving.

I think that overall the care is good, if my mother in law falls it is immediate help. The part I don't think is very well they only have one morning activity and just sit around until dinner time. They only have 5 days a week activity.

Not clean, not caring. Not responsive...

Not clean, not caring. Not responsive to needs of patients.

Looked like a nice place

We toured this community when we were looking into care options for a loved one. The facility itself was decent, and the staff all seemed caring and friendly. However, we just didn't get the warm friendly feeling here that we did with the facility we chose.

Great memory care!

Our experience with Silverleaf of Athens has been a good one so far! It's a smaller community, only about 40 beds total, and they specialize in dementia care. The staff is made up of very caring, patient, and professional people. My loved one has shown a lot of improvement since moving in, it's been a big benefit for her to be around other people!

Everyone that I talk to about it, everyone is very pleased

Its’ a small community. He’s able to talk and be social with a lot of people. We had to convince him, but he’s doing real good. It’s a perfect fit for our budget. I haven’t heard anything negative. There is a big bird cage in the lobby and he really likes birds, fish, but he can’t have them himself anymore. Everyone that I talk to about it, everyone is very pleased. My brother and sister have been over there.

My dad is not ready for thi...

My dad is not ready for this type facility at this time.

Really Good Community

It is a really good community. We are very satisfied with it and everything they are doing. The staff is friendly and they seem to know what they are doing. We feel like our loved one is well taken care of. We would recommend this community to anyone.

While looking presentable a...

While looking presentable at the entrance, the actual patient space was very run down. This looked like a nursing home facility run without nursing home regulations. I would not recommend this place to anyone.

At our four Silverleaf facilities, we offer senior adults the freedom of living in an individual residence with none of the worries that come with living alone.

Residents of our homes have the support and personal attention of a well trained staff and can receive assistance around the clock with daily living tasks such as taking medication, bathing, dressing and even assistance with meals.

Three nutritious meals are prepared daily with the guidance of a registered dietitian and are served in our spacious dining room. All meals are provided in our monthly fee as well as maid and laundry services. We also provide transportation to and from doctor's appointments, if needed.

We provide services for all levels of special care for our Alzheimer's residents. With a higher staff to resident ratio, we provide not only more qualified supervision and attention to residents, by also concentrate on the safety of our residents as they progress to a higher level of care.

"Peace of mind" is a recurring phrase that we hear from residents and families and they feel this mostly due to our well trained staff and secure environment.