Silverado San Juan Capistrano - San Juan Capistrano, CA

A good tour

This looked like a very nice community when I visited. The person that took us on tour was nice. This community has five community service dogs. We would have chosen this community, however it was priced higher than what we were looking for.

Silverado Representative

Hello! We're glad you had an opportunity to tour our community and experience the Silverado difference. At Silverado, our around-the-clock nursing team, masters prepared social workers and experienced leadership team provide an exceptional, industry-leading care that is truly valued by family members. Thank you for the review!

Mom has been at Silverado for 4.5 years. The care and the program they provide are phenomenal!! They worked through all of the challenges of caring for my Mom with her very strong personality, and she was very happy and engaged with activities and new friends.

Silverado Representative

First off, we want to thank you and your family for trusting us to love and care for your mother. We're happy to hear that your mother is thriving and enjoying life at Silverado. As you mentioned, the community is a lively and social environment with daily engagements. Thank you for taking the time to leave your review. We hope you'll swing by the community soon!

They have a great facility. They thoroughly went through everything. Cost maybe too high for our budget? They provide Day Care which we may consider applying to be on waiting list to take advantage of Day Care.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for your review, we appreciate your comments. We take pride in being the experts in care for those with memory loss and cognitive disorders. We hope you'll take advantage of our flexible care. Thanks again!

Mom's In Great Care Here!

This is a very nice community for my mom. The staff is really nice and caring. The food is very good and nice variety. They do offer my mom activities. I would highly recommend this community for others for great care for a loved one.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for recognizing our phenomenal staff and delicious cuisine. Each of our associates are committed to providing the best quality of care to our residents and their families.

Dementia patient is thriving.

I cannot say enough good things about Silverado and the people working there. We live out of town yet still feel connected to my brother. Although it was disorientating when he first arrived the staff calmed him down and there has been no looking back since. A big worry that we had was that he wouldn't want to join in, turns out he asks what is next when one activity ends.
We are using Silverado's furniture and he has a shared room, two things that we were apprehensive about because he had a favorite chair and had been living alone. He has totally adjusted and doesn't complain about them at all.
It's been two weeks and we have been receiving daily communications and there is a conference call set for next week for us to ask any questions of the medical and facility staff.
As sad as dementia is Silverado is the best place for my brother.

Silverado Representative

Mark, thank you for sharing your positive feedback. We are so happy to hear that you and your brother have had a great experience with Silverado. At Silverado, we put an emphasis on resident social interaction and engagement. Our lively environment is meant to stimulate and reduce boredom and keep our residents mentally and physically engaged. Thanks again for taking the time to leave your comments!

Not a loving environment

My mom was placed in this facility by her husband and my two siblings. She is considered one of the highest functioning dementia residents at the San Juan Capistrano sites. My mom does not like dogs or cats and their are too many of them running freely around this place, one even jumped up on my daughter and started [removed] her! This is a safety issue for residents. If you visit first thing in the morning they are always under staffed and the place smells of urine. They use anxiety meds other black label drugs to restrain behavior. one of the administrators by the name of Shiela Fike is a very unprofessional angry person to deal with and solve problems, she is manipulative and lacks compassion. They have very few activities for residents who can still function well like my mom. If you stay to visit for two hours or more you will see that the activities are few. My mom always complains of boredom.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for your comments. We take all feedback seriously and are always available to discuss concerns. Community pets and an active, positive environment are a large part of our philosophy. Additionally, we eschew the use of both physical and pharmaceutical restraints and are proud to offer industry-leading staff-to-resident ratios. These features have allowed us to provide a high quality of life for numerous residents over the years, and a great number of the families we serve are in agreement that Silverado is the best place for their loved ones. We would be more than willing to resolve any issues or misunderstandings directly.

Amazing but Very Expensive

They're excellent! They were great with communication but granted it's a huge place with lots of nurses and all kinds of stuff going on. If there were any issues or concerns with my mother they would give me a little call day or night. It's really large and dedicated to memory care. I moved my mom out purely because of economics. That would be the only reason for anyone to leave, I would think. They have everything that everybody could want but their fees are at the top of the price range. If you're financially able to keep your loved one there, you won't be disappointed.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. Our wonderful associates provide exceptional care and unmatched service that is truly valued by family members. We are glad you had a positive experience.

Beautiful, $85,000 a year

Beautiful, $85,000 a year

Silverado Representative

Thank you for your comment.

Have visited before. An excellent fac...

Have visited before. An excellent facility. Answered all questions.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for your comment. We are happy that you had a positive experience. We pride ourselves in being the experts in memory and Alzheimer's care and our associates are happy to serve as an educational resource.

Silverado San Juan Capistrano is designed to meet the care needs of residents with Alzheimer’s disease and other dementias. Our community is nestled near the historic San Juan Mission in beautiful south Orange County. The mission of our specialty care community is to provide an environment which is aesthetically pleasing and accommodating to optimize our residents’ physical and emotional well-being, and to lend emotional and educational support to families. As specialists in dementia care, Silverado manages all levels and types of dementia from early-to-late stages, including challenging behaviors and complex cases. All Silverado associates receive specialized training in dementia care. Our Registered Nurse Medical Director and Master’s level Social Worker are key professionals who offer state of the art care for our residents and on- going support to the families. Silverado offers a range of activities created to stimulate cognitive and physical abilities, utilizing the latest techniques in the care of residents with Alzheimer's disease and other dementias. Activities include music, intergenerational programs, gardening, residential pets and activities in our workshops. Residents bake and make home-made ice cream in the sunny and beautiful country kitchens with special attention from caring and attentive staff. All of which are designed to make each day a satisfying experience.