Silverado Calabasas - Calabasas, CA

An outstanding facility! The gated exterior has a wine country feeling with meandering walkways, grassy areas with shade trees, a vegetable garden, chickens, birds and sitting areas fully accessible to all. The building is light & bright, with an open feeling and welcoming staff of licensed RN's and LVN's on call 24 hours a day! The chef is [Removed] trained and the menu superior--families are encouraged to come and share meal times (at no cost) with each resident. There are a full range of physical, mental & social activities geared especially to dementia patients throughout the day. The licensed staff has a 72 hour introduction procedure for all new residents which they are specially trained in that is meant to make the transition peaceful and pleasant. Residents are encouraged to bring their animals with them and the occasional terrier or cat may wander by. This truly becomes their home as evidenced by the memory boxes outside each room with their photos and keepsakes.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review and we appreciate your kind words! As you mentioned, our Calabasas community has extensive walking paths and beautiful and secure grounds that many of our residents enjoy. Our spacious courtyard and daily engagements allow our residents to maintain their dignity and encourages independence. As always, we are continue to be committed to enriching the lives of those we serve. Thank you for taking the time to share your Silverado story

Great Security!!

My father has recently moved into this community and we have no complaints of how things are going for him. The staff are all lovely and I am comfortable with the care he has been receiving. He has had no problems with the meals and he has been provided and enjoys the activities he is able too throughout the week. The thing I am most impressed with would have to be the security of the building. I have a peace of mind that my dad is in good hands and is safe in his new living environment.

Silverado Representative

Hello! Thank you for recognizing our associates and the care that they provide. We're happy to hear that your father is enjoying daily life at Silverado. Our culinary team takes pride in providing healthy and nutritious meals and our engagement team incorporates all sorts of activities to accommodate our residents' hobbies and preferences. Thank you again for taking the time to leave a review!

A Visit To This Nice Community

I liked the community we toured but it was very expensive. We would not pay $2,000 more than a different community. It was an all memory facility and we did not need that type of care.

Silverado Representative

We are glad to hear that you had the opportunity to visit our Calabasas community. At Silverado, our around-the-clock nursing team, masters prepared social workers and experienced leadership team further add to the peace of mind our families value. Thank you again for your review.

Silverado, Calabasas

Caregivers are wonderful and try hard to do their job there are just not enough. They need more staff. They seem to lose a lot. Too many changes in administration. In last 3 years we have had 3 Executive Directors, 3 nurses, 3 social workers and at least 3 activity directors. Families have been happy with the ones that have been fired. So many changes does not give stability to facility.
Corporate needs to come in and be there to see what is happening.
Need more leadership - more communication and more caregivers. With this things will change for the better.
Staff is afraid to ask for more help.

A good community

My Husband seems to be adjusting well to living at Silverado. The staff are nice and they are specially trained to care for dementia residents. They have a broad plan of activities and he enjoys the music. The food is ok and the community is clean. There are times where the community does seem understaffed. I would recommend this community.

Silverado Representative

Hello! We're happy to hear that your husband is thriving and adjusting well to living at Silverado. At Silverado, creating a safe, lively environment where residents can thrive is our top priority, and maintaining industry-leading staffing ratios is a key. Thank you again for your review.

Dorothy

[Removed] is a different person than the [Removed] I brought there, she happy and content the staff is wonderful best choice I made

Silverado Representative

Hi Michael, thank you for sharing. We are glad to hear that Dorothy is thriving at Silverado Calabsas. We hope you'll swing by the community to visit soon!

A High Level Care Community

I am happy with the care my dad get from the community. They were the only place that had high level of care for behavioral issues. He has all sorts of activities to participate in. Generally speaking the meals are above par from I have seen. It is a clean community with laundry services for my dad but it takes some time to get it back and it gets lost at times but gets returned later. The staff are good to me but there is room for improvements.

Silverado Representative

Hello! We're happy to hear that your father is thriving at Silverado. As you noticed, Silverado Calabasas is a lively place where hobbies and interaction flourish and engagement is constant.Thanks again for your comments and we look forward to continue to be a trusted resource for you and your father.

Silverado Calabasas

Silverado Calabasas is clean, the food is great, snacks always available. The staff is very upbeat and attentive. It is pricey, but in this case you really get what you pay for. The activities are hard to evaluate because the residents are so diverse, but they try to have something during every day for each level of resident. If there is a question by the family it is listened to with respect and taken seriously.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for sharing your Silverado story. Feedback like this motivates us to continue to serve and enrich the lives of others. Silverado's culinary services are a point of pride for us as we aim to provide residents with food that is both appealing and nutritious. Our around-the-clock nursing team, masters prepared social workers and experienced leadership team further add to the peace of mind our families value. Thank you again for your review!

Silverado is quite nice and the grounds and layout are a big plus. Sharon is sweet, understanding and very knowledgeable. The 24/7 nursing is a big PLUS also. They tend to push double rooms and furnished, which is actually a nice idea. VERY family friendly and I loved seeing dogs hanging out. Price is high-end, but you really seem to get a lot for it.

Silverado Representative

Hello, thank you for sharing your thoughts. As you noticed, you'll often see pets and children running through our halls. Community pets and a lively environment are a large part of our philosophy, as is having a well-trained, compassionate staff. Family is welcome to visit any time and we provide meals for them at no charge. Providing an enriching environment for residents and their families is our goal, and we thank you for your comment!

Frantically looked for the right place for my mom, Silverado Memory Care came to my rescue.

I was frantically looking for a place that could take care of my mother. She has dementia and was starting to get very angry using bad language and would hit the staff on occasion. The current assisted living could no longer handle her or didn't want to? I contacted A Place for Mom and within days they had many places for me to visit (which I did). I contacted Silverado Memory Care in Calabasas and they immediately and professionaly came to my rescue with much concern for my mom. They assured me that they would be able to care for my mom's needs and were not concerned of her behavior issues. My mom has only been at Silverado for a week and the change in her already is amazing. They have her involved in various fun crafts whether its cooking, crafting, or playing with the cute roaming animals she is busy all the time which makes her feel useful and not bored. She will be starting physical therapy next week which will help her to use her walker instead of being left in a wheel chair. Thank you Silverado!!

Silverado Representative

Jacqueline, we are so happy to hear that your mother is thriving and enjoying her time at Silverado! As you mentioned, community pets and an active, positive environment are a large part of our philosophy. Our unique philosophy and homelike environment allows us to provide a high quality of life for numerous residents over the years. We look forward to continue being a trusted resource for you and your family!

They Know How To Handle My Mother

I am very pleased with this community and everything they have done for us. They are caring for my mother very well. The community looks great, and very clean. The staff is good, I only had one problem with the staff not listening to my suggestion to have a monitor on my mother, due to the fact she is a fall risk. They did finally take my advice, and I feel she is safe now. I really feel like they know how to handle her. They offer a variety of activities, and she picks which ones she likes. The food is great, I've had a few meals with her and the food taste like restaurant food. Only thing I would say is to be forceful with the type of caring your loved one needs, so the staff understands.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We appreciate your feedback. We are always looking for ways to improve our care and service. We look forward to continue being a trusted resource for you and your family.

Too many negatives to review right now.
Need to move the the patient we placed.

Great care, but stay on top of them for communication with ALL of the important family members.

Silverado Representative

Thanks for recognizing the amazing care that our associates provide. We appreciate your feedback.

Toured this facility. Silverado is different from other facilities. They seem to have a deep understanding of dementia and really make an effort for patients to thrive with their disease. I really liked the administration, staff and the unconventional focus of the facility. Outdoor gardening, a chicken coop, birds in an aviary, swing set for staff's children and programs are enhancing. The actual rooms and accommodations are a bit weary and dated.

Silverado Representative

Hello! We are glad that you had the opportunity to visit our community and experience the Silverado difference. We take pride in being industry leaders and providing world-class care. As memory care experts, our unique philosophy and daily activities allows us to provide a high quality of life for numerous residents over the years. Thanks for taking the time to share your thoughts.

Scabies Infestations

Silverado had 2 scabies outbreaks in 2014. My aunt was a resident. The first time, staff did not contact us about the outbreak. I was told it would take 3 days but it took 2 weeks. Residents were required to sit outside during the clean up (it was hot). Due to anxiety, I had to bring my aunt to my home.
While at Silverado, my aunt broke out with many rashes including ringworm. This September (2015), her caretaker informed me she had a scabies. The next day, the onsite nurse called to correct the diagnosis as dry itchy skin. Five days later, a nurse outside Silverado diagnosed the same rash as scabies. The scabies rash is highly contagious and due diligence to contain.

best fit

Everything went well with Silverado Calabasas. For my family member it seemed to be the best fit, because of the size of the facility (it is quite a big building on a big lot) and has some really good outdoor space.

Silverado Representative

We are happy to hear that you had a positive experience. Silverado Calabasas' bright, lively atmosphere and vast outdoor space is designed to allow residents to remain social and active while they continue to enjoying the things that were important to them before their diagnosis.

cleanliness is not very good

The cleanliness is not very good at Silverado Calabasas. I've heard there are glasses sitting out with gnats flying around them. The showers are really dirty. Moms room had a bunch of trash in it that never gets taken out. There are staff members that really good and staff that are really bad. I've been really pleased with the overall administrator. Sometimes they do tell me they will call me and it's like pulling teeth to get them to call me back. There was a resident who slapped my mother multiple times. The staff said they are taking care of it. [removed] It is a little much when she fears her own safety. There are several things that need improving here but I do like many things about this facility.

One of the better Memory Care Centers I have ever seen. Clean, Friendly, Well trained staff, with activities to meet the needs of every resident there. My personal experience in admitting my Dementia parent into this facility was met with patience, calmness, and reassurance that everything would be taken care of properly. My "Loved One" and I were met at the door by professional nurses and caretakers who welcomed us into there community. They stayed with her and calmly talked with her until she was able to fall asleep in her new bed and new room. Then the directory of the facility stayed with me until 10:30pm that evening explaining and filling out all the necessary admittance paperwork required for registration that evening. Her dedication and professionalism in "Caring For Others" earns her the Highest praise and compliment that I could ever award anyone with. She was at the facility since 10:00am Easter morning, and was expecting us around noon. Due to ambulance transport difficulties, we were not able to arrive until 6:30pm that evening. We had been traveling since midnight that day, coming down from Northern California, and had not eaten all day. The director made sure we all got a meal, at her personal cost, before all else. Etta Martin is the Greatest Guardian Angel Silverado - Calabasas will ever have.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for sharing your Silverado story. We are happy to hear that you had a positive move-in experience! Feedback like this truly motivates us to continue to change the way the world cares for those with memory impairments, and to enrich the lives of Silverado residents and family members.

Avoid

A [removed] hole--avoid at all costs unless you or a loved one has serious dementia. Looks nice, but people are walking zombies and food is disgusting.

Silverado Representative

We take all feedback seriously and regret that you had a negative experience with us. We love our residents at all stages of the disease, and creating a safe, lively environment where residents can thrive is our top priority. We welcome the opportunity to discuss your concerns directly.

The thing that stands out most to me is how caring and compassionate the staff are at Silverado. The energy of the staff is remarkable and inspirational. I'm also thrilled with the community pets and Silverado's commitment to keeping residents surrounded by animals and allowing their pets to continue to live with them during this stage of their lives. It's wonderful.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for sharing your thoughts, we love hearing back from Silverado family members! Community pets and a lively environment are a large part of our philosophy, as is having a well-trained, compassionate staff. As you noticed, our associates are highly committed to providing life-enriching care to those we serve! Thanks again for your comments and we hope that you'll drop by the community to join your loved one for a meal!

A Wonderful Place

This community is exceptional. I have no complaints with the care that my loved one has received. It is a very clean, friendly and caring community. My loved one is receiving hospice care and they are treating him wonderfully. They do go out of their way to accommodate the needs of their community residents.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your feedback! As always, we continue to be fully committed to being industry leaders and providing the best care to those we serve.

above and beyond

They just go above and beyond to acommidate the residents and their families. They really look to help you do whatever it is that you want to do for your loved one.

The only area for possible improvement that I can think of is that my husband has commented to me about the food not being very good.

Other than that it has been a really good experience with Silverado Calabasas. Everybody there does really an exceptional job.

Silverado Representative

We are happy that you and your husband had a positive experience at Silveardo. Your feedback motivates us to continue to change the way the world cares for those with memory impairments, and to enrich the lives of Silverado residents and family members.

My mom is much happier where she is now!

They weren’t taking my mom to get her food. There was a lack of communications about her dog and what they were willing to feed it. I had a very bad experience. My mom was only there four days. My mom is much happier where she is now!

Silverado Representative

Thank you for your comments. We take all feedback seriously and regret that you had a bad experience with us. Creating a safe, lively environment where residents can thrive is our top priority, and we welcome the opportunity to discuss criticisms.

Sicker Patients

It was OK, but wasn't nearly as nice. The patients were much sicker than my husband. They were further along the line. I knew that if he was in an environment like that, he would go downhill pretty quick.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for your comments. We appreciate your feedback. At Silverado, we welcome residents of all stages of dementia or Alzheimer's. We would love to address your concerns directly. Thanks again for your feedback!

Beautiful grounds and facil...

Beautiful grounds and facility, lots of activities in the community. Staff was friendly but seemed to almost 'put on a Show'...

Silverado Representative

Thanks for sharing feedback. Quality of life is first and foremost at Silverado! Our engagement programs and specially trained associates further our mission of enriching the lives of our residents, whether promoting lifelong participation in a favorite hobby or taking up a new one. We would love to have an opportunity to address your concerns directly. We are happy that you had a positive experience and appreciate the feedback!

My husband and I just moved in a mont...

My husband and I just moved in a month ago, and It's a little overwhelming getting used to it. There's a base charge and then there are other charges on top of that, which can be confusing. Additionally, the doctors would like to use their pharmacy but I want to use my pharmacy which would save some money. .

The care itself has been very good; the nurses and caregivers are very kind.

They have a lot of activities that my husband appears to enjoy.

Silverado Representative

Christine, thanks for taking the time to leave some feedback! We appreciate and take all feedback very seriously. We are glad that your husband is enjoying the activities and outings that we offer. We would love the chance to address any concerns or misunderstandings directly.

Quite impressed. Seems like a good f...

Quite impressed. Seems like a good fit.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for taking the time to tour our Calabasas community! We are glad that you got to experience the Silverado difference. We hope to be a resource for you for any future needs.

The skilled, compassionate memory care professionals at Silverado are dedicated to providing residents with the dignity and care they deserve while they enjoy the community’s warm atmosphere. Comfortable surroundings and engagement activities designed with the needs of memory-impaired individuals in mind help ensure the goal of enriching the lives of both residents and their families.