Silverado Brookfield - Brookfield, WI

Well equiped

Everything is going really well here. I feel like they are very well equipped to handle people to redirect them. They are able to deal with pets too. The staff is very kind and reachable. I recommend this facility to families that are looking into their options.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. With more than 20 years of memory care expertise, we take pride in being a leader in our field. Our associates are dementia care experts and are fully committed to providing world-class care to our residents and their loved ones.

not where you want to place a loved one.

chaotic, horribly managed
perfect if you want to pay a ton then get charged more for extra services (Incontinence service is extra, individual care is extra) and have your loved one ignored.
my mother is always wet and no one can tell us when she was last changed. But I get a bill for it.
I will spend the day with her- no one checks her to see if she needs to be changed, no one looks for her at meal time.
Only go here if your loved one can take care of them selves (then what is the point of having then here)
There is a reason there are not any good reviews in more than a year. It is not where you want to place a loved one.

Silverado Representative

At Silverado, we take all feedback seriously. Creating a safe, lively environment where residents can thrive is our top priority. We would love the opportunity to address any concerns you have directly. Please reach out to Silverado Brookfield Administrator Dana Nix at [removed].

Overpriced, Understaffed

Silverado is overpriced, understaffed, there's not enough care available, and inconsistence and lack of communication are rampant. It's a beautiful facility, but there just isn't enough care. Most of the staff are very nice, but I have to hunt around for them when I'm there visiting and need help. A family member of ours was there visiting, and found our loved one in filthy pants with blood spattered on his bed and pillow. No one knows what happened. My loved one needs his food cut up very small because of his acid reflex, but no one is ever there to help him with that. Other residents have to wait a very long time for their food. We thought Silverado would be wonderful, but it is far from it.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. We take all feedback seriously and welcome input on how we can provide better service. We regret that your experience did not meet our industry-leading standards. In fact, our community recently implemented changes in our scheduling to ensure that we meet our own high standards. Thank you again for sharing. If you have further concerns, please reach out to Silverado Administrator Dana Nix at [removed].

This is a beautiful place

I was very impressed with this community and the staff that did my tour. They were well informed and I liked that they answered my questions and addressed memory care as well. Everything was bright and clean and I think my mom would have done well here. I did feel that the pricing was a bit high for us.

Silverado Representative

Hello! We're glad you had an opportunity to tour our community and experience the Silverado difference. As you mentioned, our associates are memory care and dementia care experts. Our around-the-clock nursing team, masters prepared social workers and experienced leadership team provide an exceptional, industry-leading care that is truly valued by family members. Thank you for the review!

Sister is Well Here

My sister is doing well overall here at this community. I do feel she is safe, and in good hands. The staff is very kind, and helpful. I'am pleased with all they have done for her. She is receiving good care, and this community has worked out to be a perfect for her, and her needs.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for sharing. We are glad to hear that your sister is thriving at Silverado Brookfield. We hope you'll swing by the community to visit soon!

The Community Looks Nice But No Private Room

On the tour I had with the staff at this community went very nice. It us a very nice looking and well maintained community. From what I saw on the tour, they have no private rooms. I know my dad would not like to share a room, this was not what I needed.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for taking the time to leave a review. Silverado is a social and engaging environment. We have found that many of our residents benefit from having a roommate and are more likely to remain active and social. Thanks again for sharing your comments and touring our community.

Memory Care Focused

My tour of this facility went well. The tour guide was very kind and helpful. They were very informative and answered my questions. This community focused more on memory care, and that wasn't the care my friend needed. It was a pleasant tour. From what I saw everything looked nice and clean. This is a lovely community.

Silverado Representative

As you noted, we specialize in memory care and pride ourselves on being the industry leaders in our field. At Silverado, we incorporate a combination of dementia care techniques and focus on restorative care creates a community environment to truly improve quality of life for our residents. Thank you for taking the time to review our community and we look forward to being a trusted resource for your family in the future.

Would not recommend Silverado

We thought we were placing our dad in a wonderful place. We soon found out that he was left to himself almost all the time and didn't seem cared for the way they said he would be. When he (or one of us) called for assistants, it took a minimum of 15 minutes for someone to come and help. This was unacceptable, especially when he had to use the bathroom.

Once our dad entered Silverado, he went down hill fast. He ended up passing away less than a month after entering Silverado.

When we were planning on having him go to a facility, we were told that if things didn't work out or our dad didn't stay, we would get back a pro-rated amount of the up front money we had to put down. When he entered hospice care, we talked to them about this and they said they never said this. We had to point out that it is stated on their website. There new administrator finally went to bat for us and we have been told we will be getting our entire up front money back (although we don't have it yet).

Bad Experiences

Although I have nothing but praise for the staff that cared for my husband until his passing, the doctor who signed his death certificate listed Parkinson's as cause of death. My husband never was diagnosed with Parkinson's.
I cannot recommend this facility as a business. Administratively, Silverado is a nightmare. They are priced higher than other assisted living facilities here, but I was promised the best possible care. As soon as I signed on, I learned that in order to REALLY get the best possible care, I needed to pay for a number of additional services--PT, OT, one-on-one, etc. Every time I spoke with an administrator, another additional service was recommended. All were expensive, some were ridiculously inappropriate, and I had to refuse them, due to the cost.
My husband fortunately had long term care insurance. I paid Silverado for 42 days when he first arrived at Silverado. In order to recover the money from the insurance, a receipt for payment has to be sent to the insurance company. I have called Silverado at least a dozen times, the insurance company has called them twice, and in spite of the fact that I have been reassured by phone and by email that the fax had been sent, nothing's actually been done.
I can't even imagine how difficult to deal with this would be for a care-taker who is frail and overwhelmed.
My husband passed away 3 months ago. Whether I'll ever see the $3600 I'm owed remains to be seen. The irony is that Silverado owes me no money, they simply have to fax a receipt to the insurance company!

Silverado Representative

Thank you for recognizing our associates and the amazing care that they provide. As you experienced, our associates are committed to providing world-class care and creating a safe, lively environment.

We take all feedback seriously and regret that you had a negative experience with us. We are currently looking into your long-term care insurance and will ensure that the issues are resolved. We would like the opportunity to address your concerns directly. We encourage you to reach out to our Brookfield Administrator, Linda Wylder.

Review of Silverado Brookfield - Brookfield, WI

If there was no concern of money s-I would definitely put my mom in Silverado this was the most encouraging bright happy clean facility Ive ever seen. Their motto and their philosophy was just outstanding!! with the fact I may have to be concerned about self-pay running out my mom may outlive what I can afford to pay long term I can t take the chance as she would have to be moved at that point

Silverado Representative

Thank you for your feedback. Silverado's philosophy is to provide world-class care through a skilled, compassionate staff; and our around-the-clock nursing team, masters prepared social workers and experienced leadership team provide an exceptional, industry-leading care that is truly valued by family members. Thanks again for taking the time to review Silverado Brookfield.

Incredible

I cannot find anything really wrong with this place. I feel comfortable knowing that my loved one is here.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for your positive feedback. As always, our associates continue to be fully committed to providing world-class care to your loved one.

Disappointed

Well every time my uncle goes and my brother go they are disappointed. They say that she is out of it every time they go to visit her. I am out of state, so I do not get to see her often, but they are all so upset about it. This is what I am hearing. We are all very concerned.

I love the caring staff. They treat the residents as if their human beings.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for your recognizing our amazing staff! At Silverado, we are one big family and treat our residents with love, dignity and respect.

Overall things are good

Overall things are good at Silverado Brookfield. They have dogs and cats and live bands that come in. I think that is really neat. The only thing I don't like about this facility is she doesn't get the same caregiver as often. At the previous facility she was in she would have the same caregiver five times a week. It was nice because they really got to know her specific needs. It was nice having one contact specifically to go to. Overall it has been a good experience. I like this facility because they are primarily treating dementia and Alzheimer's patients.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for sharing your comments and thoughts. We appreciate your feedback. Each of our caregivers and associates are committed to providing the life-enriching care to our residents and their families.

Everything has gone really well

Everything has gone really well at Silverado Brookfield. There is nothing at this time I could speak to as far as improvement. I am overall very pleased with this facility. It gets five stars all around from me.

Silverado Representative

We are happy to hear that you and your family had a positive experience at Silverado Brookfield!

Open and Friendly

The staff members are always open to any questions that we have and they are always very friendly. They take good care of my loved one at Silverado Brookfield, so it has been a good experience for all of us.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for recognizing our associates and the world-class care that they provide. As always, our associates continue to be committed to enriching the lives of those we serve.

It's really nice, but really expensive.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for your comments. We are glad that you had the opportunity to experience the Silverado difference. We encourage you to visit our community again to really see the value of our exceptional care and unmatched service.

They have been good.

They have been good. I felt the team wasn't prepared when we had a meeting about my loved ones medical care. Other than that everything has been great. It's a beautiful place, with state of the art equipment. I thought they were competitive in price, they were more expensive than other places, but they offer more.

Silverado Representative

Hello! Thank you for taking the time to share your feedback. We are continuously innovating and improving the level of our services and appreciate your feedback.

While the facility is very new, we were not impressed with the shared room concept. We understand there is research supporting it but for an individual who has lived alone in her own home, it maybe disconcerting. Also concerned with the large deposit required which was nonrefundable after 30 days.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for your feedback! Creating a safe, lively environment where residents can thrive is our top priority. We have found that many of our residents benefit from sharing a double occupancy room and are more likely to remain active and social. We encourage residents to bring their own furniture, photos and trinkets to make their room feel like home.

Silverado was lovely! It's a new state-of-the-art community that seems to be a very good fit.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for your feedback! We look forward to continue to be a trusted resource to you and your family.

Seemed like a nice place

I visited this community when I was looking into care options for a loved one. I thought this was a very nice looking place! My loved one was not quite ready for this level of memory care, but Silverado Brookfield is definitely somewhere I would consider should her needs progress to that level. The facility itself was clean and well kept, and the staff all seemed very friendly and professional. One thing I did not like is that they have shared rooms for memory care patients, which I do not think my loved one would be comfortable in.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for sharing your comments. As you noticed, creating a safe environment where residents can thrive is our top priority. We have found that many residents benefit from sharing a room and are more likely to remain social. We encourage residents to bring their own furniture, photos and keepsakes to make their room feel like home!

Thanks again for taking the time to share your feedback.

Amazing staff!

The staff here are incredible! I don't even know how to explain how highly I think of them. The entire place just has a welcoming, family atmosphere. The staff are always smiling, and they wear casual clothing, not uniforms, which really contributes to the place feeling like a home, and not like an institution. They really go out of their way to make sure everyone is comfortable and has all of the help that they need. And they really get to know their residents on a personal level! A few hours after we moved Mom in they could see that things weren't working out well with her roommate, and a staff member suggested someone she might get along better with. Now those two are joined at the hip!
They've also got a huge variety of activities, and the activities director really makes an effort to get the residents involved. I also appreciate that they send out a calender every month of everything they're doing, in case you'd like to let them know something to encourage your loved one to participate in specifically.
Another feature that really sold the place to me personally is that they have a piano in the lobby. Quite a few of my family members know how to play the piano, and the staff always encourage us to when we visit! It always draws a huge crowd of residents who really seem to enjoy the music.
I really can't say enough good things about this place, it has worked out fantastically so far!

Silverado Representative

Thank you for sharing your Silverado story! We are happy to hear that you and your family had a positive experience. As you noted, a homelike and open environment is a cornerstone of our unique philosophy of care. Our communities have dementia specific engagement plans with age-appropriate activities and resident outings. As you've noticed, our associates always encourage family members to engage in such activities and join their loved ones on outings. Thank you for the positive feedback!

Huge and gorgeous, but not for us.

Silverado is huge, and it's absolutely gorgeous. They have every amenity you would ever want. However when I was there for the tour, I saw people in the dining room filling out applications, and I felt that was unprofessional. I also felt like they were strong-arming me. I had barely gotten back in my car and they were calling me wanting a decision.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for taking the time to tour and review our Brookfield community. We take all feedback seriously and regret that you had a bad experience with us.

I'm so happy I found Silverado for my Dad

My Dad has been at Silverado for almost two months now. The people have help not only Dad but our family as we adjust to all the changes in his life.

Silverado offers a clean, safe environment and tries to get everyone involved in activities. They have a warm and friendly staff but most of all they are patient. This is a difficult time for everyone and they take their time to help us all through the process.

Silverado Representative

Linda, thanks for sharing your Silverado story! We are glad to hear that you and your dad had a good move-in experience. We are not only here to support your loved one but we are also here to support you and the rest of your family during this difficult time. Please reach out to us at any time as we're always happy to help!

Compassionate staff in beautiful surroundings

After careful review of assisted living and memory care communities we selected Silverado for Mom. Staff is friendly, compassionate, professional, and always willing to help. The community has a resort-like feel to it, beautiful decor, and a wonderful courtyard. We love the well-mannered pets who live in the community. Love that staff often bring their pets and children to work with them. The food is great and families are welcome to share meals at any time. It is a very hard decision to move a loved one out of their home and into an unfamiliar place. Silverado has done a great job making the transition easier.

Silverado Representative

Thanks for taking the time to leave your comments! Our compassionate staff provides life-enriching care to both our residents and their family. As you noticed, the community is designed with a ski lodge feel. Many of our residents love to relax in our great room that overlooks our beautiful courtyard!

Best of the Best

I did a great deal of research and toured numerous facilities before choosing Silverado in Brookfield. It was a heart wrenching decision. Silverado embodies a unique and marvelous philosophy - to "give life" to their residents. Staff strive to understand and meet the physical and psychological needs of each resident. Their top notch medical care, degree of compassion and staff professionalism exemplifies this. The building and grounds are beautiful; residents have options to join a group, relax with their families or sit privately in a variety of areas both indoors or outdoors. Family members are kept informed of any concerns or changes and are welcomed and encouraged to visit and participate in events. The heartache of watching my father fade away remains but I am at peace with the high caliber of care he is receiving at Silverado.

Silverado Representative

Carol, thank you for taking the time to share your Silverado story! We appreciate the positive feedback. We know that this is a very difficult time for you and your family and hope that we can continue to serve as a trusted resource in the future. Thank you again for taking the time to share your comments.

I’m pretty happy with them.

I’m pretty happy with them. Every other place seemed to be about the same price. The value is excellent . The staff is very attentive. The food is really good, even though they’ve changed chefs and it’s a little different from what it was to start with. They have a whole courtyard for residents.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for your feedback. At Silverado, we take pride in being the experts in care for those with memory loss and cognitive disorders.

This was beautiful, the Cadillac of buildings!

This was beautiful, the Cadillac of buildings! The woman who showed me around was very nice. It's lovely with lots of windows. The building is secured and they have an awesome courtyard that is all enclosed. It was way out of the price range for us. Also everyone has a roomate, and they don't have t.v.'s or phones in the rooms, because they want everyone out in the public spaces, which are really nice, but I didn't think my loved one would go for that.

Silverado Representative

We are happy to hear that you had a positive experience and had the opportunity to experience the Silverado difference. Community pets and an active, positive environment are a large part of our philosophy. Our unique philosophy and homelike environment allows us to provide a high quality of life for numerous residents over the years. Thanks again for your positive feedback!

Clean, new facility

This is a beautiful, new, clean facility.

The administrators are very capable, professional, friendly, and accommodating. They really went out of their way to help us get Dad admitted and established there.

The meals are generally good (they seem to use quality ingredients) and are well-presented and flavorful, but only one main dish is available per meal so if a resident doesn't like what is being served, there are limited options for them.

There are some EXCEPTIONAL caregivers who are obviously very loving, caring, and compassionate!

I do get the impression that since this facility is a recent start-up, that they are not quite at full stride in all of their processes, and at times, seem a bit understaffed.

I have not been there much during the day to see daily activities, so I can't really comment much on that.

Silverado Representative

Thank you for your comment. Feedback like this truly motivates us to continue to change the way the world cares for those with memory impairments, and to enrich the lives of Silverado residents and family members.

My husband has been loved and treated...

My husband has been loved and treated like a family member at Silverado. The staff is very hard working and aim to please us. I feel as though we are all a large community linked together to not only help the residents but also to help the families deal with understanding and support for the very difficult days we face.
It is a very difficult job but I see many smiles on the faces of the help and the residents!! Our family is very comfortable when we visit and appreciate the facility! Thank you Silverado!

Silverado Representative

Thanks for the feedback! As always, we continue to be committed to providing exceptional care to our residents and their family members!

Experienced a staff member ...

Experienced a staff member being abusive with a resident. Otherwise, nice facility

Pleased As Punch

I am extremely happy with my choice of Silverado Brookfield. My wife and the other residents are being very lovingly and professionally cared for in my opinion.

I've had opportunity to speak with many of the care givers and other staff members at Silverado, many who have been "in the business" for very many years. Most of them are quick to say that this is the best facility they have ever worked. When I ask why, the response generally includes their appreciation of the administrative staff, the general vision of the company, and the fact that they are so strongly encouraged to SHOW and EXPRESS their love of the residents. My wife has been treated as though she is family.

I have been singing the praises of Silverado to family and friends alike, and hopefully will be able to continue to do so for a long time! :-)

PS: The food is absolutely wonderful!

Silverado Representative

Jay, we are very happy that you had a positive experience at Silverado Brookfield! As always, our highly-skilled staff continue to be committed to providing exceptional, industry-leading care to those we serve.

The skilled, compassionate memory care professionals at Silverado are dedicated to providing residents with the dignity and care they deserve while they enjoy the community’s warm atmosphere. Comfortable surroundings and engagement activities designed with the needs of memory-impaired individuals in mind help ensure the goal of enriching the lives of both residents and their families.